Drain Services

Englishcanuck in Hamilton
Englishcanuck in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Just what we needed

We paid $150 for our drains to be unblocked. We were quoted $1600 for the same solution from another company. I am awaiting an explanation from the expensive one before I name them but a great service guy (ask for Tim - he’s awesome) prompt response (8 hours) and constant updates if requested.

All the ladies I spoke to on the phone today were amazing, helpful and very personable

Great company, you should be proud of your honestly and abilities

Peter T.
Peter T.
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Sewer clean out

Hamilton

Fast service in emergency situation. Fantastic service man. Polite, a great sense of humour and very thorough. They have done a great job every time I called them for our buildings. And the price is more than fair.

John in Hamilton
John in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Cracks in foundation floor

Thanks to Gary for his suggestions on dealing with our floor cracks and putting our minds at ease and John and crew for doing the concrete work. So glad we called them. John and Diane

David.O in Hamilton
David.O in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Main Drain

Hamilton

We had a flood in our basement. Tim Cook from WM Groves showed up and right away he stopped my wife from stressing with his professional manner . He had the problem fixed in no time and the price was great. WM Groves will be our first call in the future and will recommend them to friends. Once again thanks Tim for a great job.

David & Melissa O.

1 review Hannon, ON

Excavation services

October 11/16 used W.M Groves for excavation services for the installment of a cistern. 21 walkway patio stones were destroyed by their truck. Were told on the day of excavating by the crew, including the lead hand Reno that when we received our bill to advise the office and they would deduct the stone replacement cost of $249.72 from our bill. I requested the bill numerous times by phone. We did not receive the invoice till Feb 25/17 at which time we did as instructed by their crew and requested the cost of the damaged stones be deducted from our bill. Jennifer and Sandy flat out refused to cover the damage that their truck caused. We are appalled at the treatment we have received from this company. Apparently the customer is not always right at WM Groves! We do not recommend this company to anyone.

HK from Burlington
HK from Burlington

An amazing job!

I am a builder's daughter. My Dad was an artisan, Eastern European and he believed that any jo worth doing needed to be a job well done. And so, I have high expectations of people who do work for us!

We recently had an issue with an important drain by our back door.

Will Groves himself promptly came to check it. And just as promptly, he sent Peter out. Peter did an amazing job. Meticulous, thorough, careful, and neat. He was also pleasant. He told me as he went along what he was doing and I know that he also conferred with Will so that the best solution was found for us. And he cleaned up well after he was done, too. We were both very impressed. It now looks handsome and properly done.

We want to share, too, that we find Will Groves to be a man with a
great deal of class and a man of impeccable ethics. We have also
found his staff to be both friendly and professional.

Randy J in Hamilton
Randy J in Hamilton

watermain repair

I too read a few negative reviews here, however another plumbing firm recommended them. Will is a professional. His two man crew, Reno and Mike were pleasant and knowledgeable and went beyond what I expected.
The watermain just outside my basement wall had a leak. They dug 8 or 9 ft down with minimal damage to the rest of the yard.
I live in south Brampton and Reno showed up early driving in from Hamilton. Mike followed with the mini cat. Thanks guys. I'm a happy customer.

E and H from Burlington
E and H from Burlington

Basement and drain work

Wm. GROVES Limited.
Complete Sewer & Watermain Repairs & Installation

My husband and I have owned a home in Burl. for 30 years. It was built in the late 60’s. A sound home, 4-level back split. Not a drop of basement water in all that time. Whenever we’ve done renovations/repairs, we have always wanted quality work to be done.

We were stunned and appalled when we became one the flood victims on August 5. The water had spouted furiously from the floor drain and we ended up with more than a foot of water over our entire large basement. A mess that we never want to experience again. Had we known how awful and stressful the experience would prove to be, we would have taken measures beforehand - even if it had cost us many thousands of dollars.

Once some of the shock of it wore off and the immediate clean-up had been done (courtesy of our insurance company), we then proceeded to focus solely on “Prevention Work”. We both wanted to reduce our future risk to be as low as possible. Restoration work has been a low priority for us until the prevention work was completed.

We read the Region’s information - we also poured endlessly over internet sites - and we interviewed a few firms, both plumbing and basement firms. Frustratingly, there seemed to be many conflicting different opinions to sift through and to understand. And also, many new terms and concepts to grasp. Yet, we studied it all because it was important to us to “do it right”.

Wm. Groves Ltd. was recommended to us by someone my husband trusted and who also happens to be an engineer.

Will Groves came to see us promptly after we called. And he also thoughtfully came out a couple of more times, too. Will was always professional, always courteous and always kind. Whenever he was here, he answered our many, many questions with care and such calm patience. Very knowledgeable, never patronizing.

Groves, like many other local firms, have no doubt been extremely busy since August. Yet Will and the 2 men who worked here (and Sandy at their office) all came across as seeming to understand that the homeowner would feel ++ vulnerable, anxious and stressed by the flood experience.

Will answered e-mails promptly, too. He was respectful about other firms’ reputations as well. A small thing, yet one more indication of Will’s inherent class.

After we had obsessively sifted through all the information “out there” and after Will had carefully explained to us what he recommended for us, we clearly understood two things:
1. That Wm. Groves Ltd. knows what they are doing.
2. That they also understand/are complying with what Halton Region wants for residents of homes built before 1975. That is, to install a backflow valve, to install a sump pump and to disconnect the weeping tiles from the city drain. And to have the sump pump drain itself on top of the ground.

In stark contrast to Will, the heads of 2 other (unnamed) firms we met did not come across in all of those positive and professional ways. One was rather annoyed and abrupt with our questions about why he was advising us to connect the sump pump to the weeping tiles. That’s against the Region’s stipulations, and basically, not legal. He was also dismissive about other firms and their reputations. He subsequently did not even provide us a quote. Another firm’s middle-aged owner came over early in the morning wearing very holey blue jeans. He came across as very casual and off-hand. And he planned to connect the sump pump to the city drain. Not legal and not wise for older homes.

In the end, it proved not hard at all to choose Wm. Groves to do our work! Most everyone’s estimates for the work was in the same price range, and so, price was not the guiding factor. We chose Wm. Groves because of how Will came across. And we were pleased that we did so.

Will sent out 2 different men based on their skill sets to do the required work. Tim did the important “camera work” on our old floor drain, on our sewer drain out to the road, on the weeping tiles’ location and on the drain at the back door. Tim came across as quiet and low-key, but he was also confident, knowledgeable and kind. So careful and meticulous. And very practical. He patiently answered a lot of our questions, too. The resultant camera work was excellent and the DVD’s and diagrams were carefully done.

Will the sent out Dennis to do the back-water valve. He also did the drain by the back door. Dennis was quiet, too, yet courteous and he patiently answered questions, too. The entire idea of the BWV made us quite nervous at first, but it’s doing what it should do and Dennis did a good job. All 3 men reassured us re its importance and its function.

There’d never been any flooding by the back door, but we decided to “cover all our bases” and to replace that drain and its interior parts. That old narrow drain had always looked like it couldn’t handle much should it ever flood back there. And it had consistently looked a bit damp. Our large, back patio (covered with new pavers) leads down 3 solid wooden steps that end up in a “well” outside our back door.

I was at home when Dennis removed/replaced that 45-year old drain outside the back door. He worked so hard, so steadily and competently for a long time. A big job that needed an expert and Dennis was certainly that. When he ran into an unexpected problem, he consulted/conferred immediately with Will. The new drain (internal and external) is much larger than before, but it looks very good and fits in. Dennis also carefully replaced the newish paving stones by the back door so that they look as if they’d never been moved.

We were very impressed with Will Groves. And with both Tim and Dennis. We would use them again without hesitation.

Leslie in Burlington
Leslie in Burlington

Sewer Cleaning

I have used Groves Wm regularly and found their service satisfactory until this month. I requested them to clear out my sewer pipe about three weeks ago. They attended and stated it was completed. However, I then had a back up (which means sewage water in my basement). I called them again, a different guy attended and indicated that not the entire pipe was cleaned out last time, in error. The pipe was cleared appropriately. I was then told that I still needed to pay for 30 minutes of service, as the first guy did not spend the time to do the entire pipe. I indicated that I spent another day waiting for them to service by sewer pipe and had a back up of water in my basement and indicated that I would not be returning to their company, as I felt I was being mistreated and paying for their mistake. They indicated that I owed 50. I will never return to this company and do not recommend it. I am appalled that an ongoing customer would be treated in such a manner. I rated them a 1 out of 10 because at least the guy who cleaned out my pipe finally did it properly and was polite.

jksl
jksl

unclog pipes

Hamilton

Sewage was backing up through the sink. It was disgusting and this needed to be fixed. I called the plumbing company i had just dealt with a couple of days before for another job. While they did a fine job before, they weren't really able to help me on this one. They kept telling me that it was backup from the septic and that we needed to find the lid. Unfortunately, we couldn't find the access lid. The previous owners didn't know where it was either. So, I called WM Groves. Reviews on homestars weren't that great for this company, but i was referred to them by a pumping company i always do business with. Anyway, the person they sent came a little early, which was good. He was able to find the blockage in the pipes and cleared it. There was no need to find the septic location. Pricing and service was good. I was very satisfied with everything.