Doug Lacey’s Basement Systems

HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in Calgary  >  Doug Lacey’s Basement Systems

Reviews for Doug Lacey’s Basement Systems

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Annual MAintenance and Sump Pump Replacement

Had system for 7 years. Was called for an annual inspection. $125. Technician Marc was in the house less than 5 minutes. Said I needed a new pump. $700 and 15 minutes later gone. Tried to upsell me on $3000 worth of extras. This was a rental and I was not there to hear the pump. If the pump was so good why did it fail after 7 years? Anyway pumps are only $200 bucks should have done it myself. Lesson learned.

Paul
Paul

Radon Mitigation

The service was excellent starting from the free estimate to the completion of the work. Our radon levels were significantly lowered and that gives me peace of mind for my family's health. I highly recommend doing business with this company.

Hello Paul,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company and the work we completed for you. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us!

rtrevy in Calgary, Alberta Canada T2R0L2
rtrevy in Calgary, Alberta Canada T2R0L2

Sump pump maintenance

Had my yearly maintenance check from Doug Lacy's Basements. I had Feiross come out to perform the maintenance. Feiross was very attentive and knowledgeable. Every question was answered and always offered additional ideas. Did a great job in a timely manner and was respectful of his surroundings. Thanks again!

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company and staff. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us! We are extremely proud to have Feiross on our Team!

Marie Somers from Calgary
Marie Somers from Calgary

Wall System Estimate

Feiross was conducting the annual service of sump pump. There's poor lighting in that area so I got a lamp. Immediately Feiross noticed the moisture on the walls. We checked the rest of the basement and noticed leaks in other areas.
The previous owners installed the sump pump, but not the more costly wall system, and wall ducts.
I appreciate the way Feiross took the time to explain the issues thoroughly, as well as provide two quotes. He ensured I understood, and often repeated information for me to take notes. I am thoroughly impressed with Feiross, and Basement Systems Calgary.

Hello Marie,

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Basement drain and Sump install

Extremely overpriced. $6500 for 38 feet of drain and a sump pump install. Probably less than $500 worth of material. 4 hours of labour for 2 installers to complete the work. Thats some pretty good profit margins. Hope they feel good about taking advantage of trusting people. Sleazy sales tactics also. They offer a small discount if you sign up the same say the sales person shows up. That's called pressure sales. Stay away from this company. There are better our there that don't gouge you.

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company and staff. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are sorry to hear you are not happy with your system or our process and plan to utilize your feedback in order to make improvements. We encourage you to please contact the office directly so we can discuss options to make this right.

Lance L from Okotoks
Lance L from Okotoks
0 reviews Okotoks, AB

Basement leak repair

Had one pourous wall due to neighbors driveway runoff and they suggested the inside channel and sump pump so as to not having to dig up and then replace that driveway. Quoted me a price then dropped 10%( clearly a marketing ploy) but was still fairly reasonable and the job was completed quickly. My problem was the outside drainage, they left it graded the wrong direction on a snow bank, sticking out like a sore thumb(see attached pic). When I complained was told they would come back when the snow was gone and dig a trench, May came and I hired someone else to do it since they didn't bother to stay in contact and keep me updated as to their timetable

Carol from Calgary
Carol from Calgary

Service of sump pump and replacement of battery

Have an annual service of my sump pump and battery back up. Service Tech Marc L completed the service and noted that the battery needed to be replaced.

The service was done efficiently and he was able to replace the backup battery in the same service call which was great.

Have nothing but good things to say about this company and their technicians.

Hello Carol,

colleenroy76 in Toronto
colleenroy76 in Toronto

Water guard system and crack repair

Brandon Paegel and Queci were our installation team. They were very professional, courteous and punctual. Brandon explained the work very well and answered all our questions over the two days and at walkthrough. We were able to avoid the costs of moving plumbing stacks as they willingly worked with what was there. We are pleased with the outcome and the cleanup. Thanks!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on both our work, and our installation team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Laurette in Cochrane
Laurette in Cochrane
0 reviews Cochrane, AB

Triple Pump system

The pump had run all night, but was pumping water back to the house foundation due to the frozen ground & frozen pipe, so I was very concerned about water seeping into the basement. Marc was available to come out the same day I had the problem, to install above-ground pipes to direct the water away from the house. Upon checking the system, he determined that it was old (installed 8 years ago) & failing, & graciously made the time to replace the pump & add a back-up battery. That saved our basement from flooding I'm sure! Thanks Marc, for providing such timely, efficient and cheerful service!

Thank you for the kind words, Laurette. We are glad Marc was able to help with your situation!

Greg in Crossfield in Airdrie
Greg in Crossfield in Airdrie
0 reviews Crossfield, AB

Service of existing system

The installation and sump pump had not been serviced since it was installed a number of years ago. The service technician did a good job reviewing everything with me, replaced the pump quickly and cleaned up after the work.

We are happy to hear you had a great experience, thank you so much for your feedback!

More about Doug Lacey’s Basement Systems

Doug Lacey's Basement Systems, formerly Basement Systems Calgary, provides professional contractor services for all of your basement and crawl space needs. Locally owned and operated since 1992 we provide proven solutions for Basement Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Concrete Leveling, and Radon Gas Mitigation, servicing Calgary and all of Southern Alberta.