I used Worry Free this year becuase they dominate my neighbourhood (that I am new to) so I thought that might result in more prompt service. Here are my pros and cons:
1. Great communication via email. I like their email updates and their online presence (the one-on-one communication is addressed below in the cons)
2. They are quick to come clear in my neighbourhood
3. I prefer their tractors with snowblower attachments to a pick-up truck with shovel, as I find they are much quieter when they come at night
1. They drive too quickly and carelessly. I see their operators blasting through four-way stops in my neighbourhood on their cell phones
2. On the quick and careless theme, they sometimes leave up to two metres in front of my garage uncleared (I always shovel the metre in front of it since I know they won't get that close, but sometimes they really stay too far away).
3. They did get too close once and damaged a 5 ft tall LED Christmas decoration I had in the corner by my garage door under the overhang, tucked in a corner where I would expect them to be careful given how close it is to the wall. I`m not sure how you can miss it if you looked, given it is 5 ft tall. I also shoveled around it as well in front of my garage, knowing they normally stay further away. This is back to the quick and careless theme. But what bothers me the most about that incident is that I submitted a damage report that day, and sent a follow up email a few weeks later, tried calling to speak to someone, and now another several weeks later I have not heard antyhing back. I am not asking for reimbursement, but for someone to come and help me fix it, as I believe it can be fixed. I just don't have the strength to do it myself (it is metal that was obviously bent by the strength of their machine). At least acknowledge my communications! There have been weeks between snowfalls in which they should have had time to respond.
4. They don't adjust the auger and dump snow all over my walkway, making it harder for me to shovel my walkway especially with a heavier snowfall.