Big Al's Texturing

113-1324 44 Avenue NE Calgary AB T2E2N9

Reviews for Big Al's Texturing

Keelkara in Edmonton
Keelkara in Edmonton

Home interior renovation & repair work

Though I never actually engaged Big Al's for my water stained ceiling I wanted to express my appreciation. Chuck came to the house, saw my problem (staining around two kitchen pot lights) and provided advice for a self fix job. He suggested otherwise he would charge $150/visit for 2 visits to do it himself. A quote was provided but I went ahead and used the advice to successfully remove the stains. Cost $0.00. Service 100%.
Thank you.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

First Class All The Way

We hired big Al's to remove the popcorn ceiling on the main floor of our condo. We were so impressed we had them back to remove the popcorn ceiling in the second floor of the condo.
Chuck at Big Al's gave an accurate quote, the various workers - poly/scaffolding team, removal of popcorn/mudding/skimming expert (Chris), and the clean up team all arrived on time, were very respectful of the remainder of the property and of our neighbours (we live in a condo). No hidden fees, and the highest quality of work was delivered.
The painter we hired said Big Al's is well known for quality honest work. We went for complete removal of the popcorn and a flat ceiling finish.
The ceilings now look modern.
Before we hired Big Al's we checked the Better Business Bureau for Calgary site, and we saw they have an A+ rating and have been in business for 18 years, this and the other positive reviews helped us make the right decision and go with Big Al's.

WDB
WDB

Quick, on time and on budget

We had some extensive drywall repairs required all through our house after we had all our poly-b pipe replaced. We are very happy we chose Big Al's as they did great work on all aspects of the job. We contacted 5 companies for quotes and Big Al's was not only the best quote, but could also start the job faster than any others. Patches were required on our walls and ceilings (both flat and textured ceilings). The texture they sprayed on was blended very well and we have a hard time seeing what is new vs. what is old.

Our Project Manager/Supervisor was Gary and he did a great job keeping us appraised of the job progress and if there were any delays, etc.. After the job was done there were a couple small things that needed to be addressed and Gary sent someone over the very next day to take care of those concerns.

All in all, I think if you're looking for a company that will do good work, provide great service and do it at a competitive price I can recommend Big Al's.

sean from Calgary
sean from Calgary

Ceiling texture and wall repair

I hired Big Al's to do a repair job for me. From the beginning the communication was great. Their site super (Chuck) showed up when promised for initial quote. Within a week we had the taper on site to begin work. Their drywall taper was extremely professional throughout the job (Taper name was Sean). He communicated everyday the progress which was much appreciated. They finished the job in a few days and we are extremely happy with the service, quality, and price. I work in the building industry as well, and I can assure you this company is professional and stands by their work.

Barb and Brian in Grande Prairie
Barb and Brian in Grande Prairie
3 reviews Okotoks, AB

remove yellow popcorn and knockdown texture entire home

Big Al's did an awesome job making our house look brand new. They completely removed old painted-yellow popcorn ceiling, remudded the ceiling, and made it look beautiful with a knockdown texture. Everyone who worked on our house was friendly, professional and did a wonderful job, Thank you!

Mary from Calgary
Mary from Calgary

Another shout out for Big Al's Texturing

Well worth paying for the service. Gary provided a fair quote for the part of our job and we let them know we would be hiring them again to complete our reno. Terry provided excellent texturing and was on time and showed up when he said he would - thank you! This company knows drywall and texturing and I would highly recommend them for your drywall taping, mudding and sanding.

Mary in Calgary
Mary in Calgary

mudding/taping/sanding

We hired Big Al's Texturing to fix previous contractor error in texturing. Spencer came in and discussed what he saw, how it could be fixed and offered a fair and reasonable quote for the job.

Big Al's muddying/taping employee knew what he was doing - it was apparent from his review of the jobsite. He brought his own supplied and tools and provided top quality work in a personable and professional manner.

The sanding employees also provided professional and top quality service. They brought their own tools and light to ensure all seams were sanded and ensured I was satisfied and encouraged me to review their work prior to them leaving the job.

Big Al's Texturing team we were sent were top notch and I have been verbally referring them to people already who are currently renovating. I highly recommend Big Al's Texturing for your drywall needs. We wished he had hired them first and saved ourselves all the grief and frustration and money! Thank you Big Al's Texturing team.

Jim from Calgary
Jim from Calgary

Knockdown ceiling

I contacted Big Al's texturing after our reno contractor attempted a "do it yourself" job on our entire ceiling. Big Al himself took a personal interest in our project as we had been so badly taken advantage of. He and his team came in, skim coated the entire ceiling in order to cover up the previous mess and then did a proper knock down ceiling. They were literally life savers. They were fast, took pride in the work and did an amazing job. The ceiling looks beautiful. Can't thank Al and his crew enough for coming in and truly making the best of a bad situation.

Thank you "Jim from Calgary"! It is always great to hear the appreciation from customers!

Clinton from Calgary
Clinton from Calgary

whole house reno

They were a sub trade for my home reno. They came when they were supposed to, did a wicked job on my knockdown celining and were out of there without a trace. I noticed one tiny blemish a while later and they booked a time that was good for me and fixed er pronto.

Darcy Simonelli from Calgary
Darcy Simonelli from Calgary

patch in ceiling

They came and did a quote, but ended up saving us money by scaling back the project and doing only the work that was required to fix the job right then. Also patched up some 'do it yourself' mistakes in another room. Amazing service and technical job.

Looking for Drywall Contractors pros in Calgary?