Big Al's Aquarium Services

Connie Thomson in Whitby
Connie Thomson in Whitby
5 reviews Whitby, ON

Pond Problems

Recently bought a house and found it had a pond in the back yard with a Koi in it and we didn't know how to care for it. One of the staff members fixed our broken pump and recommend food, clarifiers etc. for the pond. Another staff member took the time to provide us with a great amount of information on how to maintain a healthy pond. We also bought another Koi from them which is doing really well. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable at this store and it is a pleasure to shop there.

Trina from Pickering
Trina from Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Always Helpful

I recently moved back home to Pickering and wanted to start up my fish tank again.
I went to Big Al's in Whitby for advice on where to start, everyone there was so helpful and willing to walk me through the whole process. 2 different employees took me through everything and still managed to keep it within my budget. They set me up with fish once my tank was set up and clean, it looks beautiful in my new place and everyone is still alive, the other stores were more interested in selling me stuff I didn't need. I will only go to Big Al's now. Thanks to all the staff!

Tom from Pickering
Tom from Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Pond equipement

I'm always impressed with the staff at their Ajax location. Whether it's an impeller for a specific pump or a new pond heater, they give me the options based on my budget. They're great for advice over the phone too!

Maria Holmes in Whitby
Maria Holmes in Whitby
4 reviews WHITBY, ON

Purchased a fish for my son along with aquarium.

The staff at Big Al's were fabulous! This was my son's first "pet" and we knew nothing about fish or how to keep an aquarium. By the time we left, we had a beautiful starter aquarium, all the required supplies and food, as well as Max, my son's new friend!

LInda from Whitby
LInda from Whitby

Filling Aquarium

Big Al's has the greatest selection of fish. The staff are helpful and do look after exchanges if the fish dies.We have been extremely pleased with the many fish we have purchased over the past number of years. Thanks Big Als.