Unionville Heating & Air Conditioning

4-18 Ringwood Drive Suit 413 Whitchurch Stouffville ON L4A 1C3
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Unionville  >  Unionville Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Unionville Heating & Air Conditioning

Shilpa in Markham
Shilpa in Markham

Excellent service

Our 10.5 year old a/c unit stopped working on one of the hottest days of the year. It had broken down before during the 10 yr warranty period and we used another company at that time so we called them (after hours). We didn't hear anything for a couple of hours and so looked for someone else to call. We left a message Unionville Heating & A/C Ltd and within 10 minutes heard back from Eric. He was upfront about the rates for service that night and the next day during regular business hours. We opted to have him come in the morning. He came right on time and was informative about the situation, what needed to be done with the current unit and how much it would cost. He said that a new unit might be an option and the benefits of doing that. We didn't feel pushed into either decision. We decided that a new unit was the best option for us. Eric said that a new unit would take a couple of weeks to install because they were so busy. However, in the meantime, he would install a temporary motor for free so that we would have a/c until we got the new unit. We paid a small amount on that day which was used as a deposit for the new unit – so effectively did not pay anything for services on that day. We fixed up an appointment time for the new unit to be installed before Eric left that day. The technicians came on time, were courteous and didn’t leave a mess. Like Eric, they were patient and happy to answer all our questions. When installing the unit they also made a few changes to our set up to benefit us. We wouldn’t have even known to do these changes had they not told us. They went above and beyond to make sure we’re all set and should have the minimal amount of issues going forward. We’re very happy with the whole experience.

zinny
zinny

Finally.... Sweet cool relief!

My AC unit actually started to have issues in the strange heat wave that occurred last September. I called a different company as their sticker was posted on my AC unit. A technician came out and took a quick look at the unit, felt it and said it's frozen. It's probably a leak, not worth it to fix it so you should just buy a new one. Told me he would get someone to call me and charged me $100 and left within 5 minutes. I get a call 5 minutes later from a salesperson and ignore the message. Luckily the heat wave ended and I got through the winter.

So now it's summer and at first the AC seemed to be moderately working. Slowly though the air flow decreased from the vents and the heat increased in the house. I called Unionville Heating and AC and had an appointment for the next business day.

Brian the Technician was so kind and patient with me - answering my questions. He thoroughly checked my inside and outside units and assured me that a replacement was not required. He cleaned my unit outside and upped the Freon which helped quite a bit but he also stated my motor seemed to be working too hard and recommended a replacement. I agreed and he came back 2 days later with the part to replace it. However as my house was already much cooler than previously he asked if I was sure if I wanted to replace the motor as the AC had improved. I asked him to check the unit again and give me his expert opinion as I didn't want to not replace it only to have it fail a month or two later. He took the time to check the unit and noticed that it was getting too cold and the air flow was still not the best. He also check the motor which was super hot - indicating it was working too hard. So I agreed to replace it and he did.

The air flow now is amazing and the house cooled down so quickly. The AC unit is also quieter than it's ever been! I never realized my previous motor was so loud before.

Reliable and honest - this is what this company stands for. They don't try to gouge you and make you spend more than you have to.

My only regret was not calling them first and saving myself the original $100 and wasted 5 minutes of my time!

D. Devey in Markham
D. Devey in Markham
4 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

New Furnace and Air Conditioner

After years of nursing our old furnace through cold winters, we decided to replace the entire system. We had Unionville Heating & Air Conditioning install an air conditioner for us in our previous home and we were impressed by the service and quality of the install so we called them to come to our current home. The technicians arrived on time, removed our old equipment and installed the new furnace. They replaced our useless humidifier and installed a new air cleaning system. The work was done neatly, all the garbage was taken away and our house was nice and warm. They will finish the install of the air conditioner in the spring when they will be able to level the unit. Our new furnace is very quiet and doesn't wake us up at night like the old one did. We are very happy!

Thank you for the feedback. We have just been the recipient of our 17th consecutive Reader's Choice Award as best heating contractor for Markham Unionville and Stouffville. Thanks to your feed back more people will know that we are not building a bigger company but always building a better company.
Many thanks

Norma&John in Markham in Whitchurch-Stouffville
Norma&John in Markham in Whitchurch-Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

New furnace and AC installation

Unionville Heating and Air replaced our furnace, central air conditioner and humidifier. Everyone we had contact with provided great customer service. Eric made us feel confident in his suggestions and he followed up with further information by phone. The installation team was efficient and tidy and afterward Ryan explained the new system to us so that we felt educated in our purchase. We were satisfied with the quote and during the present minus 10 degree weather, our home feels warm and cozy.
We highly recommend this company based on the polite and pleasant communication and the professional approach to the work.

Thank you for the kind words. We Care about how our customers are treated from start to finish on all jobs, service or installations. I will be sure to send this to our staff. Thank you for taking the time to show that when you receive great service you take the time to spread the word.
many thanks
john St Germain
Unionville Heating

Barry in Markham
Barry in Markham

Repair of minor furnace gas leak

Discovered a slight smell of gas in the furnace room. Enbridge came by and pinpointed the leak on the pipe coming into the furnace. Contacted Unionville Heating and Air Conditioning who sent someone to my house inside of 1 hour. Technician was Umberto who was friendly and efficient in tightening the pipes. He double checked everything before leaving. Great response time, great service. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the kind words. We only work in Markham, Unionville, Stouffville Uxbridge. We are very proud of our staff to help us achieve 16 Best Business Awards, more than any other company. Nice work Umberto....as usual. John

Heating and Air Conditioner Service

I have used Unionville Heating and Air Conditioning for the last 5 years, for annual heater and air conditioner maintenance. They send the same technician out to your house, twice a year, for maintenance. My technician, Jason, has always been on time, friendly, and knowledgeable. He keeps my HVAC systems in peak condition, and has recommended and performed repairs as needed. He applied for parts that were under warranty for me, and because they service the HVAC systems in my house annually, they don't charge a call-out fee (just the hourly fee for actual work performed) for repairs. I love that I can trust that it will be the same friendly person coming into my house every time!

Our policy is WE CARE and indeed we do when it comes to being fair and honest. We are trying to build a bigger company, just a better one. John

Homeowner from Markham
Homeowner from Markham

Air Conditioner Replacement

We hired this company to resolve a persistent problem with our furnace which they did after 3 visits spanning about 10 years. This was admirable. We liked the service so we decided to hire them to look at our air conditioning system (indoor and outdoor components) which was 15 years old and was leaking Freon quite freely. At the time, we wanted a high-efficiency unit that would help reduce our power bills and qualify for the Home Improvement tax credit that was available at the time. Instead we got a Goodman (outdoor) unit that was no more efficient than the old unit, did not qualify for the tax credit and 5 years later out-of-warranty, the Freon leak still exists. We contacted another company to diagnose the leak and learned that the leak was in the indoor components. Furthermore, we learned that the use of R-22 (Freon) is being phased out by government mandate (Montreal Protocol) in favour of a more environmentally friendly refrigerant (R-410A) which will not work in units that use R-22. In fact, the production of R-22 has decreased (it will stop in 2020) and as expected, the cost per pound has already increased drastically. This explained why the salesperson expressed some agitation with my choices and insisted that we purchase the Goodman (R-22) unit back in 2009 - they were clearing inventory because production of R-22 units would stop beginning in 2010. Of course none of this was mentioned to us back in 2009. Mea Culpa, but I will not trust this company ever again and I strongly recommend against anyone dealing with them.

At times we are governed to work with customers budgets. In this case, had they moved to the next level of a quality unit, there would not have been an issue. Internet complaints can be made from anyone. I can say this, I never heard or spoke to this customer so please contact me personally with your concerns.Thanks for posting.
www.unionvilleheating.com

G in Markham
G in Markham

Furnace and AC replacement

Unionville Heating and Air Conditioning replaced my very old furnace and air conditioning units about 3 years ago. The quote was competitive and on installation day a crew of 4 showed up and installed the new systems. They were courteous, efficient and took care to a very detailed level. All in all, a very professional job taking care not to make a mess. They even needed to move my gas-fired hot water tank a bit to accommodate the new furnace and filter. So the gas line and water line connection to the tank had to be moved a bit. No extra charge. I signed up for the annual maintenance and warranty extension. Very happy with the installation. No issues. Saving big, as my gas heating consumption is now about one third of what it was before and hydro cooling charges in the summer are down too.

As mentioned before in previous responses WE CARE.

Air Conditioner and Furnace Maintenance

Shortly after I moved into my house, I had the air conditioner and furnace serviced by Unionville Heating and Air Conditioning. They had great appointment times, showed up exactly at the time that they had specified, and were polite and professional. Included in these two services, I was placed on their annual maintenance contract, which means that if I need to call them for any reason, I will only pay the hourly service fee, and not any emergency or call-out fees.

They also noticed a worn part on my furnace. It was under warranty, and they made all of the calls and arrangements for the spare part, and returned to fix it once it came in. They did a great job, and I would definitely recommend them!

They noticed a worn part on my furnace, which was under wa

The most important part here is that our customer would definitely recommend us. 32 years in business and 16 Best Business Awards. Need I say more. Call me.Thanks
Presidebt
416-990-1535

Mike in Unionville
Mike in Unionville

Yearly Maintenance, Hot Water Tank

We have Unionville in for the yearly maintenance on heating and cooling systems, and they have been very professional, courteous, clean and prompt. They communicate with us when things need to be dealt with, and provide good timelines for when we need to start to look at replacement of any wear items. Recommended.

Once again thanks to our great staff. All are trained in customer service. If we fail please let us know and we will make it right.
Thanks