Gutters & Eavestroughs
759 Kingston Road West Ajax ON L1Z1V9
HomeStars  >  Gutters & Eavestroughs in Ajax  >  Unic Sheet Metal & Eavestroughing

Reviews for Unic Sheet Metal & Eavestroughing

905-426-5001
759 Kingston Road West
Ajax
L1Z1V9

I was referred UNIC by a neighbor who had some eavetroughs replaced.

After reading several reviews UNIC was contacted to get a quote. My neighbor and I live in a semi and we wished to have vinyl siding, new facsia and soffits installed.

The UNIC rep came to meet with us and was quite pleasant with us. He seemed to be very knowledgeable. A week after our meeting, we received a quote for the work.

After pursuing several quotes for comparison and doing some additional research on UNIC, my neighbor and I decided to engage UNIC for the work.

We met once again with UNIC rep, decided on colors, and discussed approximate time for the work to begin.

The following morning, the UNIC contacted us advising that an error was made in the quote and the total cost for the job had increased by $6000. Not a small amount, almost double the original quote.

I understand errors do happen, but a substantial increase in a quote at the time that a decision has been made is a bit troubling. Unfortunately we are now left to swallow the additional cost and start over trying to find another contractor, as winter quickly approaches.

When getting quotes from UNIC, exercise caution when making a final decision. You may be left high and dry. Extremely disappointing experience...

We sincerely apologize for our error in calculation. As we came closer to doing up a final contract, that's when we realized that the special order brick siding was not included in the price. It is the first time this happened to us and we've been in business for over 40 years. As the contract was never signed, there was no financial loss. We are sorry for your time loss in this project and any inconvenience we have caused.

Raymond from Pickering
Raymond from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Siding

Greg and his team are very thorough and professional from the initial meeting to post-project review. We have no reservations recommending, they did an amazing siding job, we've received many complements...thanks guys!

rizzo from Pickering
rizzo from Pickering

eaves trough

Our experience with Greg and his crew was amazing. They did great job installing and clean up was good. I would definitely recommend them. Thank you Greg for a wonderful job!

Lisa from Ajax
Lisa from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Eavestrough

Our experience with Greg and his crew was above exceptional from beginning to end. It is so difficult to find contractors that not only do great work, respect your house and yard, and are truly honest. Hiring Unic was one of the best choices we could have ever made!

Mike
Mike
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Garage eaves replaced and another small job

905-426-5001
759 Kingston Road West
Ajax
L1Z1V9

Unic originally replaced my garage eaves under subcontract with another roofing company. They did such a great job, I called them back a couple of months later to get them to replace another small section of my eavestrough. I guess the job was too small for them because they A) didn't return my calls and B) failed to nail down an installation date. After 1 month of trying to chase them down, I finally gave up. What a shame because I was quite happy with their work initially but they should treat their customers a little better.

Hi Mike, We apologize for your disappointment in us. However, we did contact you and told you that it would be approximately 3-4 weeks before we can do your job. The fall is a very busy time of year for the eavestroughing business and wet weather was not helping.

John Sarginson in Pickering
John Sarginson in Pickering
3 reviews CLAREMONT, ON

eavestroughing

This company was very efficient with their work; a crew of two people showed up and completed the job in a timely manner; they were very protective of our home when moving the ladders around the house.
I feel the work that was done has increased the value of my home; it looks great. The team cleaned up everything upon completion of the job and removed and disposed of all old eavestroughs.

Nancy B in Scarborough
Nancy B in Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Replacement of Eavestroughs and Fascia

We are very pleased with the work Unic did on our home which is a backsplit that has 2 roofs. This was done in the summer of 2009 but this summer I called back wanting longer drainpipes, Greg came out within two days to replace them and to our amazement there was no charge. Great after service. We have already recommended them to others.