Floor Laying & Refinishing
58 Antares Drive Nepean ON K2E7W6

Reviews for Rome Flooring Ltd

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

A fantastic company which puts the customer first

Rome Flooring installed Lauzon oak hardwood in my living room and dining room. It looks amazing. They showed up on time, respected my property and cleaned up properly afterwards. They matched the stair nosing to the flooring to my satisfaction and provided me with a cleaning kit to boot.
If you want a professional job at a great price from a customer-first company, Rome Flooring should be your choice.

M&D Ottawa in Kitchener
M&D Ottawa in Kitchener
1 review Ottawa, ON

Main floor and stairs refinished

We were devasted. End result was a joke. Stain did not match and was improperly applied - you could easily see roller marks and stain did not even go to the walls. There was a 1" area all over with no stain! Varathane was literally slopped on stair risers and walls! Stair treads were scraped down just to the spindle then rest left as before so all were uneven. Workers left mess of sawdust and cigarette butts on front walkway. It was unbelievable. Foreman came and ordered a redo - resanding and reapply coating - & fix uneven stairs. Even after this we had to fix original varathane mess left on stairs and walls. The 'redo' coating on floors was minimum - as one contractor said who came in afterward - 'they hardly put any product on your floor'. Plus now our floors cannot be sanded down again - we have to replace if we want nice floors. Just devasted. Go with anyone else.

Refinishing and repairing old hardwood floors

I was truly amazed at the speed with which this company was able to completely sand, repair and refinish the old hardwood floors in the living room and dining room of our old house. They were in an out in a day and only had to come back another day to do minor fixes on cracks that opened up as the finish dried. Their price was equally amazing for such a job. I would highly recommend this company for anyone in an older house thinking of having their old hardwood floors renovated.

8 reviews Ottawa, ON

refinished hardwoods

Couple years ago they redid my flooring. I waited to write a review to see how the floor would hold up. Excellent despite the fact I had two dogs running around on it. They recommended the correct water-based finish for my lifestyle. Great work.

8 reviews Ottawa, ON

Re finished flooring

613-225-2262
58 Antares Drive
Nepean
K2E7W6

Excellent job in refinishing my hardwoods and also in recommending the correct water base finish that would make my floors last given I have two dogs running around. Nicely done.

B.F. from Ottawa
B.F. from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Engineered floors i

The workers were extremely uncareful and did not take the time to protect walls and floors which got damaged. The new work was sloppy with many after contract redoes to be done. Further, they were always in a hurry to get somewhere else as if this job did not matter.

Rachelle from Ottawa
Rachelle from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Floor refinishing

We had the floors in our home refinished for the first time since they were installed 20+ years ago. Rome flooring was recommended to us by a family friend and were are very happy with their work! They let us know what would be happening in our house, their workers were on-time, very respectful and polite. They made a big job go very smoothly for our busy family.

evelyn in Nepean
evelyn in Nepean
4 reviews Nepean, ON

New floors

613-225-2262
58 Antares Drive
Nepean
K2E7W6

The experience was very good from the beginning(estimate and help picking the products and finish). Carpets removed and repairs made. The workers were friendly, punctual, and very polite. The work was done in a very timely manner and the cleanup was very good. Very satisfied and the finished job looks greay.

PA in Ottawa
PA in Ottawa
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Hardwood Floor Install

We had hardwood flooring put in in three of our rooms that were previously carpeted & had an overall pretty terrible experience with Rome Flooring. First of all, they completely failed in communicating with us - this work was being done on our new home which we'd not moved into yet, & we had to phone them repeatedly to find out how they were progressing & clear up any issues, rather than them phoning us. Secondly, although they claimed that all was finished, the floors were very rough to the touch & rather matte-looking, rather than being glossy & smooth to the touch. Convincing them that they needed to come back to address this was an ordeal in & of itself, & while they did end up agreeing to come back, the work they left behind was again not quite up to standard, what with splashing some of the finish on our walls & (new!) patio doors & whatnot. Thirdly, they left garbage behind, some in bags, some all over the place, including bits of carpet and floor all over, as well as loads of cigarette butts on our upstairs balcony, which is just not the sort of professionalism we were expecting. Fourthly, they moved our range to plug their machine into the range socket, and
apparently "forgot" to move it back, which seems like a hard thing to miss & wreaks of laziness. Fifthly, they used the wrong wood (maple) despite our having requested oak, & also managed to use the wrong width (narrower) despite our having requested the thicker width! Unfortunately, we were in too much of a time crunch to have them start over with the right wood (i.e., the wood we'd requested), so we left it as is but are not impressed with their lack of ability to follow direction. Finally, we had left a bit of carpet on the top floor, so as to give them something to work with and make an adequate carpet-floor transition at the top of the stairs. I had mentioned this to them from the get-go, but despite having done so, they ripped this carpet out, and then some, so that the vertical part of the last step going up is only half covered in carpet and it looks nasty. Not even cleanly cut off. There are at least half a dozen additional things they did wrong or less than professionally, but suffice it to say that I would most certainly NOT recommend Rome Flooring to anyone, including my enemies!

More about Rome Flooring Ltd

Rome Flooring has an A+ rating with The Better Business Bureau. www. romeflooring. com
Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in Nepean?