Johnson Moving & Storage

270 DUNKIRK ROAD St. Catharines ON L2R 7K6
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Saint Catharines  >  Johnson Moving & Storage

Reviews for Johnson Moving & Storage

1 review St. Catharines, ON

Had to call the police!!!!

If you want a crew that takes 8 hours to move an almost empty house and makes sure things go their way only by threatening you over the phone - go ahead..
I actually had to call the police...
Do not give them your credit card, because they will charge you upfront for how ever they think.

Customer was disorganized and not ready for the move and wanted the Truck to return to the pick-up house for FREE. Customer refused to pay for the extra time to return to the house and Management had to step-in and request that he pays for the move when the TEAM were unloading. Customer's credit card had NON-SUFFICIENT FUNDS or was MAXED-OUT. In order to get paid, we had to enforce our collection policy, and this customer was not happy about our collection policy. This customer actually complimented the hard working Team. Customer needs to take responsibility when he hires a Moving service...Be prepared, and things will go smoother !

Terrible Move

At first things went well but as the day went on the workers became loud and raucous. The pace of the move slowed so as to match the quotation and estimate. More importantly things were missing at the end of the day. When I phoned head office i was told it was our fault for leaving them out! They also did not address the following issues:
- non-professional dress
- no uniform
- dirty, smelly floor runners
- derogatory terms such as “hon” or “honey”
- loud screaming and tom foolery at our new home
- over-billing by 15 minutes (actually more as breaks and lunches went over time)

Unfortunately, we have no idea who this customer was...no name is given on this review. Once we see a name, we can then respond promptly ! Thank-you for choosing Johnson Moving since 1967.

Chris K in Saint Catharines
Chris K in Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Moving within St. Catharines

After trying to find a local company, I found Johnson Moving and I was very happy with the outcome of the move. After meeting with Jon who visited my home in advance to determine what materials would be leaving, they were pretty much spot on with the quote. I was a little skeptical because when the truck showed up, i wasn't convinced that all of our belongings would fit in the truck, and was a little concerned that they would have to make more than one trip which would increase the quoted price (the truck was about 26 feet) but Larry, Bob and (young guy) were very efficient with ensuring the boxes and items were packed securely and efficiently in the truck. When they moved into the new house they put runners everywhere and ensured they did not leave any traces of the move in process, were very attentive and disassembled & assembled the items we requested. I greatly appreciated it and will definitely recommend Johnson moving for everyone moving locally in Niagara.

Thank-you ! We appreciate this nice review ! Yes, the guys are hard workers ! :)

Shannon from Saint Catharines
Shannon from Saint Catharines
2 reviews Saint Catharines, ON

Moving Supplies

Went into the office on Hartzel Road to get some moving supplies, everyone was super helpful and very nice. I got everything I needed in one place and at a cheaper price then other moving supply companies!

At Johnson Moving & storage - we try harder to serve our great customers ! thank-you for yor support since 1967 !

Russell from St. Catharines
Russell from St. Catharines
3 reviews St. Catharines, ON

Local move

Johnsons crew turned up on time and were reasonably efficient (one bookcase damaged by Johnsons crew when loading on the truck). Main issue is that the quote included the statement mattresses were to be bagged prior to placing on the truck, however neither mattress was. On questioning Johnsons about this the reply was that they don't bag mattresses for a "local move" (they haven't defined over what distance they would deem in necessary to bag a mattress). My issues is that they stated they would bag the mattresses when they didn't. They also abdicated all responsibility for damaging the bookcase. This must be the only industry where companies think they can get away without taking responsibility for their actions.

Lack of communication was the problem in this situation, customer didn't ask about the mattress bag during the move. Mattress Bags are complimentary (FREE of Charge), all the customer had to do is simply say "Hey, where's the mattress bags" - would of solved the problem "immediately", as the bags were on the Truck available for use. The Team use Mover's blankets to wrap the Mattresses in the Truck to keep them nice an clean.
Basic insurance was chosen on this move...a wiser choice is to purchase "Premium insurance" to have full coverage of contents while in the relocation process. Communication is key for a successful relocation. Thank-you for choosing Johnson Moving & Storage since 1967.

5 reviews Street, ON

Moving

The movers were polite and hard working. They worked fast. The bill at the end of the day came close to what was quoted over the phone. Very smooth move. Highly recommended.

Experience and Quality since 1967.

normand paquette in Niagara falls
normand paquette in Niagara falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

local relocation service

I must say that before I called Johnson Moving & Storage, I was concerned reading all the negative remarks, HOWEVER I am a firm believer not to judge a book by it's cover. I called their office and spoke with a guy named Edgar. He was very friendly and made me feel comfortable with his targeted questions about my move.
On the day of the move, it was raining yet the team came on time and moved quickly and packed all of our furniture in a secure fashion. We were amazed how proficient they were. As to their promise, once our delivery was made a few days later, the cost was EXACTLY what was quoted. No damage, no concerns.
Please don't be swayed by negative remarks as many of their competitors place them. Judge for yourself. Johnson Moving & Storage is the only company I will ever call....you get a big THUMBS UP!

KBrooks in Thorold
KBrooks in Thorold
3 reviews Thorold, ON

2 Moves

Hired them to move items from a house into storage, and then 6 weeks later move items from another house, pick up the storage items, and take it all to a new home. Contracted the work as 1 job- all negotiated together. First move went well- items delivered to storage and the workers were great to deal with. Only catch was they have a 4 hour minimum which I'm in agreement to- but then nailed us the 45 min travel on top of that (when our actual moving only took 2 hours). At the second move, they showed up with a truck which was too small. The workers called the owner immediately who came on the scene to discuss. Edgar was terrible to his employees- spoke down to them and told me they aren't too smart. Our experience was the opposite- his staff are fabulous- he is not.
We had to leave items behind as they wouldn't fit on the truck, and at the new home one mover broke a glass table carrying it down the stairs. They assured us that Edgar would be in touch with us for restitution. This did not happen, so we called him. He refused to make good on the work. I over paid him AND let it go with the truck too small, but to not replace something they clearly broke is unacceptable. Very disappointing.

Customer wasn't packed and ready to go and had 2 times the quantity of contents declared at estimate. This breakdown in communications resulted in the problems noted. Clear, honest communication in declaration of quantity of contents would eliminate all these issues with Moving companies. Thank-you for choosing Johnson Moving since 1967.

5 reviews Street, ON

Moved our family...

Wow. These guys were GREAT! 3 men showed up with their truck at 9:00AM on moving day, I showed them around the house and they went right to work.

I thought the move would take a lot longer, but it went quick! They even put the beds back together and stuck around to help put the last few things in the right spots.

Thanks to Edgar and the crew at Johnson!

We try harder ! @ www.JohnsonMoving.com

Kat Black in St. Catharines
Kat Black in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Relocation Service

We have never used a moving company before and this first experience was extremely positive. The Johnson Moving crew were on time, efficient, and very professional and they treated our belongings as if they were their own. Throughout the move they were very polite to my husband and I and worked very well as a team to get the job done. All of our furniture and boxes were placed in the appropriate rooms which made our unpacking job much easier. We will definitely recommend Johnson Moving & Storage to our friends and family and would use this company in the future. Thank you !

We try harder at www.JohnsonMoving.com

More about Johnson Moving & Storage