Jay Fencing Ltd

Susan, homeowner in Drumbo
Susan, homeowner in Drumbo
1 review Drumbo, ON

Jay Fencing: Excellent quality, service & price for new fence

Jay Fencing recently worked on our fence and they were wonderful to deal with. From providing a detailed quote to the completion of the work, we were extremely pleased with their service. The price very reasonable and the quality of the work was excellent. They completed the work according to schedule and much, much quicker than any other companies could have done the work.
I would absolutely recommend them to others.

JimBro in Waterloo
JimBro in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

We Love Our Fence

When high winds blew our wooden fence down this spring we accelerated our plans to redo our backyard with a long-lasting, low-maintenance fence. Kelly Daly of Jay Fencing came to our home and helped us select the best fence for our needs. Multiple crews tackled our large job and even during stormy weather they did a fabulous job and completed the project on budget and on schedule. We couldn't be more happy. In fact, our fence looks so great, our neighbours got Jay Fencing to do their yard too!

Ena in Kitchener
Ena in Kitchener

Wood Fence Board on Batten

Love our new fence. Jay Fencing did an amazing job. Kelly provided us an estimate professionally and quickly. The work was completed in a week and the crew did a great job. Highly recommended!

MZ in Cambridge
MZ in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

new fence

The fella came to size up the job sent a quote promptly and the workers completed the fence in 2 working days the workmanship was very good and i have no qualms with it. All we had to do was wait for the ground to soften up and the ice and rain to leave! We were in a hurry to have the job done and they were very accomodating! Finished on time !

Charlene in Kitchener
Charlene in Kitchener

Wooden Fence, deck steps replaced

I couldn't be more pleased.

I had a tight timeframe and Jay Fencing honoured their promise. Their workmanship is impeccable and the entire team a delight to work with.

They get 11 out of 10 stars from me!

Lorrie from Waterloo
Lorrie from Waterloo
3 reviews Guelph, ON

Replace existing chain link fencing with wood

The staff at Jay Fencing were extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and were very respectful of our property. We had an existing chain link fence replaced with wood. Jay Fencing did a wonderful, professional job, and even added some extra touches that we had not even thought about. We were so pleased and impressed with their work, that we had them return to replace the existing wood fencing around our deck. They did everything that we asked for. I would not hesitate to recommend Jay Fencing to anyone.

Jean in Harriston
Jean in Harriston
2 reviews Harriston, ON

Jay Fencing installed a metal fence on 2 sides of our property.

We contracted with Jay Fencing to provide, deliver and install metal fencing on two sides of our property. The sales staff were courteous and knowledgeable - checking bylaws in our rural municipality for set-backs, height restrictions, etc. - and notifying utility companies for locates. The two gentlemen who installed the posts worked quickly and respected our request to take care around flower beds and plantings, and incorporated and installed two arbours we had purchased previously The fence panels were installed soon thereafter, and everything looks great. There was no mess and no fuss. We have had many compliments, and are now known in our small town as "the house with the fence"!

Jbcostello in Toronto
Jbcostello in Toronto
1 review Guelph, ON

Back Deck, 2nd floor walk out. Rectangle - nothing fancy.

Because we bought our house new we wanted to make sure we had our finishes be top notch. For that reason we engaged Jay's as they boast having top quality workmanship and end products. Our decision was based on perceived quality, not cost, as there were cheaper options available.

I will confirm the communication was great prior to starting, updating us on delays and deferred start dates which I appreciate.

The design for the deck was very straight forward - rectangle - 22x12. Upon completion, it was evident that something had gone wrong. Jay's installed 3 ribbon boards in the middle to separate the 2 halves. The centre board should line up with the centre pole but you'll see from the picture - it clearly does not... and being in the centre of a wide open space, the error is overtly obvious.

I approached Jay's asking them to fix this as I did not want to pay $15,000 for a deck that looks like I built it myself. I was told the pole was centred and they did not want to fix because it would be difficult. In the end what was centred and what was out is irrelevant. I agreed to pay $15,000 for a deck I was told would be top notch and now I've paid for a deck that, in my opinion, definitely doesn't achieve that standard.

The process started great but we've been left pretty disappointed. And can't foresee a scenario when we'd ever use or recommend Jay's Fencing again.

John McCowan in Newmarket
John McCowan in Newmarket

Fence

Since my last review, John from Jay Fencing was able to resolve my initial problems, I am thus changing my review and both parties are moving forward.
Thanks again John for your support.

Review has 1 previous version

John,

I am sorry that there was some confusion with this job. While we appreciate that you paid on completion of the job via credit card- as your invoice states- please recall that we offered to fix your neighbour's issue on several occasions, even though you had several contractors on your premise at once, and we had indicated to you, that our crew was amendment that they did not break the sprinkler line.

Further, you were insisting that you wanted cash to fix your neighbour's issue, and as a company we are inclined to do that as we would rather handle the situation ourselves.

We have attempted to follow up with you regarding your issues and have not heard back. Please feel free to contact the office to discuss the issue further.

Jessica B in Toronto
Jessica B in Toronto
1 review Waterloo, ON

Installation of New Fencing

We hired Jay Fencing to complete fences at both our old house and the one we just moved into. Both times, we were happy with their service and the result. The sales rep was punctual for their meeting and was great at getting us a quote for the fencing we were looking for (including various options for materials etc). Understanding that timelines get tighter in the summer, both projects were done in good time and we did not have any issues with clean up from the guys on site. We had one small problem that was rectified quickly and at no expense to us.