Masonry & Bricklaying

Reviews for Andrew's Restoration Ltd

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Chimney Repair

Contacted Robin initially and discussed my issues with Andrew. His team showed up on time and did an incredible job repairing our chimney. Offered great advice prior, during and after the project was completed. I received many quotes and I chose Andrew because of the reviews here on Homestars and on FB. Thoroughly impressed!

Thank you so much for the kind words Chris. We appreciate your business. Have a great summer.

Nadia
Nadia
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Front of home restoration

Andrew's Restoration is a company that I hired twenty one years ago to repair a complicated leak over a door. The leak was due to poor workmanship and oversights in the original construction of the custom built home made of stone. Although Andrew would not warranty the work he was confident that he could fix the problem. The repairs involved several weeks of dismantling a wall of stone that he later put back precisely as it had been built originally (minus the leak). The repair was a success and when the same problem occurred at another location, I had Andrew come and repair
that as well.
Now in a different home I wanted to completely update the front of the home. One big problem was my front entrance. It was falling apart and too small for a modern home. Making it bigger seemed impossible if I wanted to keep my garden and an important tree. Andrew reconfigured the design in such a way that I ended up with the larger area I wanted but I was also able to keep my garden, that was kept intact and protected throughout. The old porch was removed, new concrete base installed, and then limestone to finish. The work was meticulously done and the result is a beautiful curving set of entrance steps. In addition to this work I had Andrew's Restoration completely remove the brick on the front of the home and replace it with stone. The finished look was transformational in terms of curb appeal and added value to the home. All work was done in a timely manner, with respect for my garden, driveway and grass (lots of tarps were used). I would not hesitate to hire Andrew's Restoration in the future and would highly recommend them for any scope of work.

Thank you Nadia for your kind words and coming back to us 3 times over the last 20 years. We appreciate your business.

jback
jback
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Chimney Replacement

L0G

Andrew's team was fantastic!! I cannot believe that two old chimney's that were falling apart were removed and two new ones put in so efficiently. When they were done, there was ABSOLUTELY no sign of any debris in the area. Aside from two new chimney's, you would never know any work was done. The brick work looks great and the brick and mortar match perfectly. The workers were polite and very professional. Andrew himself went above and beyond and helped me with some issues I had previously inside a fireplace. I would recommend Andrew's to anyone that asks! Pricing was very comparable with other quotes.

Thank you very much Jorge for the kind words. We appreciate your feedback. Have a great day!

Dave & Karen in
Dave & Karen in
1 review Queensville, ON

Window Sill Replacement

L0G

Our 45 year old brick window sills were in rough shape so we had a mason replace a few sills last year with Indiana limestone. His work was okay, not excellent. Hoping for better, this year we hired Andrew's Restoration for the remainder of the sills, and to replace a few failed bricks in a wall. Our bricks are no longer made.

Andrew's was better than our first mason in every respect. Andrew provided a quick, clear, written quote. Our job was scheduled in quickly. Crew was friendly and did great work. Everything plumb and level. Mortar colour match excellent. They even found bricks that very closely matched the original bricks. Zero mess left behind. Zero! We'd definitely hire them again.

Thank you so much Dave and Karen for the kind words. We appreciate the the feedback.
Have a great weekend

PETER
PETER

I had a set out poured concrete outdoor stairs. They were weathered, cracked and falling apart. Crumbling, and almost needed a full replacement.

L0G

Andrews chipped away all the loose pieces and debris, gave it a full restoration job and a final skim coat to give it all the same finished look. Solid concrete steps now, great finish, will last against the weather. Love it !!!

Thank you Peter for your review , we appreciate it very much. Customer feedback is important to us.
Have a great day.

Nas O.
Nas O.

REPLACEMENT OF ERODED AND CRUMBLING BRICK DUE TO RAINFALL ESCAPING FROM DOWNSPOUT

The owner, Andrew Kiwala was the friendliest and quickest to respond to questions by phone and by email for the replacement of the eroded brick. The estimate was very reasonable. The team that came to do the work was very professional and clearly explained what was being done. They were very efficient and answered any questions I had. They did a good job of cleaning up afterward as well. The result is fantastic.

Andrew's Restoration had done a rebuilt of my chimney in 2009 and I am very happy with them, hence the loyalty to return. I highly recommend them for any brick related project. I would certainly use them again. Thanks guys!!

Thank you very much Ms.O if was our pleasure to do your repairs!

M Devries in Toronto
M Devries in Toronto
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Brick repair

We had fallen and loose brick inside the garage joining the house. It was in need of repair because according to our home inspection the house should be sealed from the garage for safety. The person who repaired the area was friendly and skilled and the end result was flawless and seamless. You could not tell there was an issue.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate your business.

DJ in Queensville
DJ in Queensville
1 review Queensville, ON

Existing window enlargement and existing window brick close off.

The work that was done on our 30 year old home was outstanding. The existing clay brick was no longer produced and brick size has changed since original construction. The brick match that Andrew sourced was unbelievable and at a glance you cannot tell that there is a difference from the original brick. The workmanship was phenomenal and the employees were first class people. The site was left cleaner than when the crew arrived. Awesome job Andrew and Co.
David and Jennifer J.
Sharon, ON

Thank you for your review we appreciate our customers feedback.

Ian from Hayco Renovations
Ian from Hayco Renovations

brick work

L0G

I am a contractor and have hired Andrew's Restoration on numerous jobs that I have done and always found his price to be reasonable and the workmanship excellent. On quite a few occasions my clients have been surprised at how good the brickwork looked in that it was hard to tell where the repair/change ended and the existing wall started. I would highly recommend Andrew and his company.

Thank you Ian for your kind words. We appreciate your business.

Jim in Richmond Hill
Jim in Richmond Hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Century home brickwork repair

L0G

Faithfully repairing a 1880's-vintage Victorian home requires the support of contractors who respect older homes and architecture and can replicate the trade techniques of the past. Andrew's Restoration has worked on our home's brickwork three times over the last several years, most recently to remove and replace two roughly four-square foot areas of original brick which over the last century had shifted and cracked. For the third time, the Andrew's Restoration team was professional and completed the job on-time and on-budget. And most importantly, Derek's replacement Victorian brickwork blends seamlessly with the original brick wall. We highly recommend Andrew's Restoration.

Thank you so much for your kind words

More about Andrew's Restoration Ltd

Have masonry needs? Andrew's Restoration Ltd does it all.
Parging, repointing, brick and block work, mortar colour matching, brick tinting, wall opening and closures, chimneys, window sill replacement, fireplaces, stone walls and flatwork, glass block and historical restoration a specialty.