Concord Baby Furniture

Concord Baby Furniture

Reviews for Concord Baby Furniture

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Save your money!

My wife had researched online and found this place. I googled them to see reviews. First sign to distance myself were the reviews. But we decided to give them a shot since the prices were decent. Walked in and and was served by an arrogant condescending associate named Adam! Very rude sales rep, with a chip on his shoulder.
Finally managed to get past all of that and placed our order. A day before the delivery, my wife had called and requested another chair, which was noted by the same arrogant sales associate.
Everything comes in now, and find out the chair was the wrong one. He claims he saw me sitting in the one he sent with the driver and assumed it was the one we had requested. Even though we had been very specific on which one we wanted.
Called them up now, and the same arrogant guy has the nerve to tell us that he was willing to exchange it even though we had paid for delivery and it was their fault the wrong chair got sent.
Going back and forth with him was useless.
Save your money. Go to a reputable place where you're treated with some decency. It might be a bit more, but heck, you know you're getting every cent worth. Try asking about their warranty. They're a joke. Stay away!

Private User reviews Cambridge, ON

Buyer Beware!

I had purchased a bed room set a few weeks ago & picked up my own furniture. Night stand was great & drawers fully varnished. The dresser on the other hand was not. The inside of all 7 drawers had saw dust all over them & not properly sanded down and not varnished. Wood pieces were chipping off the edges as well. Called them to complain & got the worse service. They tried to tell me that it's the way the furniture comes & I got lucky that the night stand was varnished!!! Hello!!! It's an unfinished product & their trying to tell me that's the way it is & then to top it off they wanted to charge me to get it varnished!!! Meanwhile that's how it should have come in the first place!!! BUYERS BEWARE!! Always check your products!! Also warning sticker on the crib does not come off easily...leaves stains in the wood!!! Not happy at all with this company!!!

Glider & Mattress

I don't understand why Concord Baby isn't getting stellar reviews. My wife and I had a fantastic experience from start to finish. Sure they don't have a fancy building, their customer service is limited, strange hours and some items may have very minor blemishes.... but you should expect this when buying from any type of discount/warehouse/liquidation store.

If your looking for perfection, go drop thousands at Pottery Barn. If you want good fair prices for decent quality furniture and can live with very minor hiccups, Concord Baby is top notch!

G from Hannon
G from Hannon
1 review Hamilton, ON

Crib set and glider

Horrible experience. Very kind when we purchased the crib set but the glider was not in stock so it had to be ordered. I was told it would come in within a month (end of April) and they would contact me. The time came and went and I heard from no one. The woman they wholesale to owns The Crib Shoppe and she sells out of their building. She is the one I dealt with from the beginning and the one I was told would contact me. At the end of April when the glider should have come in, I didn't hear from her so I gave her 2 weeks and still nothing. I called and left messages but they were never returned. I emailed her and she never responded. I finally got in touch with the owner of concord baby and told him my issue. He said there was nothing they could do for me at this point and I could only speak with her. Needless to say, she finally responded to my emails and messages at the end of June, with no apology or explanation. She refused to compensate me for any of the trouble that was caused during this process and offered only to give me my deposit back. I still had to contact them to find out when the glider came in. At the end of it all, the crib set I got is decent but not worth going through being mistreated just to save a buck.

Angela H
Angela H

Service

Extremely satisfying experience at Concord Baby Furniture. Great customer service! Very helpful and understanding! When we assembled our crib, we noticed a piece that was slightly defective. We brought it back to the store and they were very compassionate and replaced the piece immediately. I would highly recommend this store to all expecting families! Angela Hage

Laura  from Concord
Laura from Concord
1 review Concord, ON

HORRIBLE customer service. Not worth it.

Don't purchase anything here!
Let me save you a headache. Friends purchased from Concord and seemed happy, however we read some horrible reviews online. Once we had chosen the crib and dresser we wanted, we spoke to a man at the store and explained that we were nervous to purchase because of what we had read. We were assured over and over again that they would do a quality check of the products before delivering them, and that if there was a problem they would exchange them. Well, when the dresser arrived, there were two clear dents in it, and an area that didn't seem to have been painted! We called the store and were told if we don't keep this product they will NOT re-deliver it, it's not worth it to them, and it buy it somewhere else.
Weeks before you are due with a baby, that's not what you want to hear! We reminded them of our initial conversation where we were reassured that the quality check would happen, and that they would exchange in case of a problem. They didn't care, refused to exchange it. Said if we send it back, that's it.
I realize they have nice prices, but so do other places and the other stores actually value their customers! The products might be inexpensive, but who wants a product that is delivered damaged!
Save yourself the headache and stress, don't shop here!!!

AmberK from York
AmberK from York
3 reviews York, ON

Baby crib

Shop with caution. I bought a dresser and the newport crib. I have had both for about 8months and one day noticed 2 slats on the crib were very loose. I called and gave the person (Adam)on the phone all my info and what I bought. I said I was worried that my son would push the slat and be able to get his head through, especially as the mattress gets lowered, his response was "I doubt that". Even with the remark I drove the piece out with a borrowed truck because they said they would exchange it.
I was offered a beat up piece( it was the back panel of the crib) and I said I did not want to take it since it was chipped and damaged. He offered to glue the slats and I agreed that would be ok. I was advised to wait to reassemble for about 30mins. I waited several hours and when I went to put the crib back together I noticed the glue did not work. I called them again only to be spoken to very rude and I asked to speak with someone else. I was passed to another man (Steve) who offered to send a new crib. I thought, "amazing" and thanked him. It showed up the next day, I had the delivery guy open it up with me and it was bad. It is suppose to be a painted white crib, I could see wood grain through the slats, it felt rough like it only had primer on it and again it was chipped. I called to complain only to get attitude from him also. They said they would send another crib the next day, nothing showed up. I finally had another one delivered the day after that at 3pm. I am not kidding, it was the exact same crib they already delivered. This time they tried to touch it up with paint but it was not good at all and was so rough and had white primer powder coming off on our hands.
I was told that I was the only person that had an issue with the quality of their paint jobs and that I was a difficult customer and there was nothing they could do to help me.
My first crib from them looked great and I would never have had a problem if it was properly built, so I guess I expected the same paint quality I originally received?!?!
I ended up getting a refund and having to go out Saturday at 4:30 to find a crib and I originally called them on the Tuesday morning. My dresser still looks great but please be cautious where you are putting your babies when you are not in the room. I'm just glad that I don't have my son sleeping in their crib any longer.
Please really check your products you buy from them.

AJ in Richmond Hill
AJ in Richmond Hill
10 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

baby crib and change table

After looking around, we finally bought from Concord. Not only was it lower in price (not cheaper), but it also was the style that we were looking for. I know that's probably not the best wood (maybe it comes from China instead of Canada...but maybe not), but it meets our needs, and 9 months and counting of our baby's needs! Nice staff members (maybe the owner's kids). Highly recommend!

Amy & Jeff in Toronto
Amy & Jeff in Toronto

Nursery Furniture

With a baby on the way, we had to purchase some nursery furniture. A friend recommended this company to us and we were very pleased. They have some of the best cribs anywhere. Very high quality and modern. The one we chose fit our decor perfectly. Approachable and helpful staff too.

Daniel in Richmond hill
Daniel in Richmond hill
1 review RICHMOND HILL, ON

baby furniture

Best prices in the city - by far. Service from Adam couldn't have been better. Sent him an email and had a response in less than 30 minutes. Nice furniture that was in stock!!!! We will be back when baby #2 comes along.