Children's Furniture

Reviews for Mother Hubbard's Cupboards

monicaandre in Toronto
monicaandre in Toronto

Crib Purchase

I purchased a crib for my pregnant sister at Mother Hubbard's Cupboards. She was so happy with the crib and it looks perfect in the baby's room. The quality was good and the service I received was great.

Artur in Toronto
Artur in Toronto

Family caring service, beautiful handcrafted baby furniture

Loved the options that furniture at Mother Hubbards have. Could select from 20 colors to match the room decor perfectly. They custom made the crib and dresser to fit the design of the room.

Working with Helen was a pleasure. Its a family owned factory, so you get family service.

Thanks, will recommnd.

Don Gauthier from L1N9T8
Don Gauthier from L1N9T8
6 reviews Whitby, ON

Long Time Customer

First, let me state that I'm a long time customer - having purchased the first bedroom set back in 2007. Since then we've purchased 4 complete bedroom sets (Tuscany) including double beds, dressers, and night stands. Beyond our purchase, we've influenced a few others who made similar investments after seeing our girls bedrooms.

Quality is top-notch, and I feel good about buying local, and supporting local small business. After 9 years the furniture is standing up to the abuse of kids. This is natural wood (and MDF where necessary) and so far there are no cracks, shrinkage, or warping. Paint is still consistent with no fading.

Expensive? Maybe. "Fair" is more accurate. Like anything else in life (TV's, Appliances, Vehicles, Jewelry) - you get what you pay for. Justification for us was easy. Purchasing 1 quality bedroom set for our child before she leaves and goes off to college... vs. buying 2 or more? And believe me, the delta isn't as great as other reviews may have you think. A quality 5 drawer dresser/chest with solid wood drawers built with screws and dove-tail joinery? ~$1,000. A few hundred more than big box stores, but you buy it once - and the bottom of the dresser drawer never falls through.

Service: Amazing
One of the beds started chipping paint at the foot of the headboard. Perhaps a defect? Who cares? MHC sent a service tech to the home with a new headboard, and removed the old one. Another time they came out to re-adjust a dresser drawer.... but ended up inspecting all the beds and dressers in the other 3 bedrooms to make any adjustments necessary to ensure they continue to operate as new. This was years after my last investment. Please tell me who else offers this kind of service in the world today. I'd love to know.

In the meantime, our support continues having just ordered another nightstand over the phone for my daughter. Another pleasant transaction, and an investment that has never risked disappointment.

Thank you for your review and glad that you are enjoying Mother Hubbard's furniture :)

Jenny in Toronto
Jenny in Toronto

Custom Pieces, Canadian Made, and Great Customer Service!

As a first time mom, you want the best and safest crib for your baby, and this is what we received. Outstanding customer service, competitive pricing, and a beautiful customized crib and dresser. Most importantly my daughter sleeps throughout the night!

Natalia Mckellar from Toronto
Natalia Mckellar from Toronto
4 reviews North York, ON

Baby furniture

Bought a crib and a dresser. Happy with the quality of the crib and mattress. Unhappy with the quality of the dresser (drawers poorly finished and shelf sags) but most of all offended with the service I received after I complained about the dresser. The father, Joe, called and accused me of causing the damage. I told him that there was no way I could have done it, I would have had to take a sharp tool to break apart the inside of the drawers. He said "the story doesn't balance" and that he would have to take it out of his workers' pay. It was the second time my family had bought a crib from them and we had a good relationship with the son, Brett, so I could not believe the father's reaction. In the end the drawers were fixed but I had to insist. It is a pity the father has such terrible customer service because their cribs are high quality (not the dressers though).

Ashley in Toronto
Ashley in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Baby Furniture

I am very pleased with the crib and dresser we purchased at Mother Hubbard's. The staff was very knowledgeable and took their time showing us MANY different kinds of cribs and explaining to us about the products. We really liked that all the products were fully made in Canada and contained NO toxic finishes. Our crib and dresser were delivered on time, and the crib was really easy to set up! :) We also really loved their bedding line and recently purchased a unique set for our new daughter!

Larry in York
Larry in York

Baby Furniture Set

I'm not quite sure why this company even exists. Since we ordered the product the service has been terrible. The furniture was extremely expensive and the crib was delivered broken and in many pieces, left for me to put together. The paint is chipping on all of the furniture, especially the change table, and the drawers do not even line up properly. I thought I was getting a good quality product made in Canada, and when I called to complain, I had to speak to 5 different people before anyone even called me back. I spoke to 2 brothers, the wife and the father who owns the business and still no one will help me out. I would not recommend this company and I hope that retailers stop carrying their product soon.

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto

Purchase crib and dresser

My wife and I went to factory store. We were impressed with the quality and the construction of the furniture. What sold me it was made in Toronto and the color options. The prices are fair for what you get.

Jon in North York
Jon in North York

Nursery Furniture

(416) 661-8201
14 Brisbane Rd
Toronto
M3J 2J8

I had intended on purchasing nursery furniture from what the salesman told me was their most popular collection. The side of the crib looked damaged and all the salesman cared about was making the sale. Eventually his mother and father were trying to get involved in the sale as well...and they kept on interrupting me. It was actually quite rude and so I left, very dissapointed. They also claimed they were giving me "factory prices" and then I overheard one of the brothers say "see, it always works- telling the customer that we give factory prices because we are connected to the factory, even though the prices are not actually factory prices." Needless to say, this company was very unprofessional and I would not recommend their product.

More about Mother Hubbard's Cupboards

Hand-crafted children and baby furniture. Made in Canada from 100% North American materials and natural woods. Lifetime warranty. Select from 10 room sets with 20 color options.
Looking for Children's Furniture pros in Toronto?