Fergus Custom Upholstery

Reviews for Fergus Custom Upholstery

Sarah leeson in Fergus
Sarah leeson in Fergus

Reupholstery

Just reupholstered our Barrymore Chesterfield and had a new matching chair custom made. Carl did a fantastic job and you would never know theses pieces werent bought together. All the trim was matched perfectly to how it was originally. Would highly recommend Fergus custom upholstery.

maria Auden in Fergus
maria Auden in Fergus

reupholstery

just had my morrettes chesterfield and wing chair reupholstered and was very happy with how the job was done. they were on time and the price was fair. I would recommend.

Peter B_Guelph in Guelph
Peter B_Guelph in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Excellent work, re-upholstering chairs

The owner, Kurt, re-upholstered two armchairs for us, and built a new ottoman (from scratch) to match them. Excellent workmanship in all respects and good value for the money. It took a couple of weeks longer than expected, but was worth the wait. (The free pickup and delivery (Guelph) was a bonus). Their shop is like something from 1950, but who cares .. the work is fabulous.

If you have old furniture with a *hardwood* frame, it's worth getting it recovered. May not be less costly than buying new ones but the furniture made today is not built to last. Our chairs were 40 years old but solid as a rock, unlike the flimsy stuff they sell today. With the high quality synthetic fabric we had specified, I'm sure they will look great for 20 years ... then, we will get them recovered again since the frames will still be perfect.

Sofa bed in Orangeville
Sofa bed in Orangeville
1 review Shelburne, ON

Sofa couch

I was given a sofa bed and it was over 30 years old I've had it for 3 years and I as looking for a new one when I priced them it would have cost me close to 2000 to buy one so I knew this one was good quality and today s furniture isn't made as well they use a lot of cardboard.
I was in Fergus one day just shopping and came across this place went in to ask a few questions and sent a pic of couch they gave me an estimate so I picked my fabric and I couldn't be more pleased with the results . I had excellent service. I got it back when they said and I would highly recommend them.

Private User reviews Durham, ON

Custom job goes wrong

Stay away from these people. The business seems to be a mother-son operation: the son spins a web of promises he won't keep, the mother makes excuses.
Our custom job, a couch-chair combo, was late, over-budget, and unsatisfactory. They promised to make some changes-and that was almost a year ago. Since then, there has been excuse after excuse-and no action.
There are more dependable people out there.

Tony from Fergus
Tony from Fergus

Couch

We tried using someone locally but our couch ended up as a disaster. We should have known by first walking into the store as there is unfinished furniture everywhere.
After four months we ended up with an unfinished couch and a roll of material. Stay away from this business.