North York Tile Contractors Ltd

Reviews for North York Tile Contractors Ltd

bill hickey from Brampton
bill hickey from Brampton

kitchen and bathroom

I would not have used this company if I had known how bad their installation quality was. Their installers need to be trained better and supervised to say the least . We now have to have our floor in the bathroom removed and retiled . Our kitchen tiles edges are up and down . Grout is missing in places and uneven . Very shoddy workmanship .

Jesse
Jesse

tile installation and scratch coat

Had a tile job done for a client and used north York tile contractors and the installation contractor. The 2 men sent were very nice but the overall quality of the lay is poor. It's been approx 8 months and several tiles are popping off. As there was already grout issues prior, a payment arrangement was made and they are using that as there way of saying they will not service. They tiles were supplied by us and scratch and mix was from them. For a company that has been in business for this long I don't understand there stance on this job and have Givin me no choice but to alert new clients and say STAY AWAY!!!!

jonathan from Saskatoon
jonathan from Saskatoon
1 review ,

kitchen, front entry & bathrooms

The tiles supplied and installed in my home were of excellent quality with wonderful and helpful installers that were clean and punctual. If I had any questions or concerns they were addressed immediately. I would definitely refer them. Everyone that has seen their work has been equally impressed.

Oksana Milton
Oksana Milton

Bathroom wall tile work.

This company installed tiles on the walls of my bathroom. The tiles were installed extremely wavy. When I told them the tiles are wavy they told me they have seen worse!!! And they are given garbage materials to work with!!! So do not be surprised if your tiles just start to fall one day!!!! When asked to redo and make them level they started pushing around. A couple of times they simply did not show up for the appointment. No one from the company even called to apologize. They showed up when they wanted to and found lame excuses not to do the job because it was Friday.
They left 3 heavy boxes of tiles on my stairs blocking the way for a couple of weeks to stay there, as well as a big bucket of glue. They through empty paper cup when leaving my house in their wan on my driveway. More than that, they were swearing in front of me and my baby. And what is absolutely unprofessional, they fled when inspector from Mattamy homes was supposed to come to check the work. I presume if everything is done right, there is no need to hide and run away. After the removal of the tiles they left big hole in my drywall.
When I called their office to ask what time the tile guys are supposed to finally come, the girl told me they have no control of them. Who does????
But I am happy they have sent their service technician Joe. He was very tidy, extremely knowledgeable, very efficient. And he cleaned up after. Thank you Joe and North York Tiles. If I need some other tile work done in my house I will ask only for him and recommend him to all my friends.

Review has 1 previous version
nancy in MARKHAM
nancy in MARKHAM
2 reviews MARKHAM, ON

tiles

Initially I was not happy with the service because they installed the bath tiles incorrectly. It took a couple of weeks to have someone in to look at the problem but they did come. After a few days, they sent in an repair expert to fix the problem. He was very careful and professional. Now the bathroom tiles looks great and the way it should be!

shawn in Woodbridge
shawn in Woodbridge
8 reviews WOODBRIDGE, ON

Tile install

Our tile was installed by this company and it looks great. There were no major problems after the installation and so far everything still looks good. we have tile in the kitchen, bathrooms, and front door foyer.

lisaalmostohara
lisaalmostohara
5 reviews Ajax, ON

New ceramic tiles in 3 bathrooms & kitchen, foyer

THe tiels were all laid beautifully. We were so impressed with the workmanship in our new home with all the tiling. The tiles and the grout all look incredible. The spacing is dead-on and the grout is so even throughout the house. The bathroom had a problem when we moved in, and they were prompt in coming in to help fox it and retile one of the walls. You would never know a repair had been done. The work again was done well and the gentleman who came into my home was polite, efficeint and very tidy. No mess at all was left behind.......

mac from toronto
mac from toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

purchased tiles and granite forhome reno

tiles and granite for washrooms and kitchen and tiles for basement found service to be good and prices reasonable arranged for granite installation would recommend to friends and family happy with look of renewed home