Goreski Roofing & Lathing Ltd

Reviews for Goreski Roofing & Lathing Ltd

SW in Aurora
SW in Aurora

Do NOT Hire Goreski Roofing

Based on a recommendation from a friend, I hired Goreski Roofing 4 years ago to re-shingle my roof and update the attic insulation. I thought they did a pretty good job until a recent attic inspection. They didn't hook up a shower vent which caused $4000 in mould remediation costs. I contacted Paul to come and redo the venting to make it correct and he said he would be out. Two months and many un-returned calls later, no show.

I wouldn't recommend Paul for the simple fact that he doesn't warranty his work.

Not sure who this is. We don't work in Aurora.
The vent must have disconnected some time after the insulation was done. It can happen.
My Insulators have 30yrs of experience and would have reconnected when they did the insulation.
If the vent needed to be changed (which was discussed) you were told in order to do a proper job it needed to be warmer. The shingles are fiberglass they crack when its cold.

Jeremy from Oshawa
Jeremy from Oshawa
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

Roof Insulation

My neighbour recommended Goreski after they did his attic insulation. I called them and they came and did an estimate for our roof insulation. We went from R20 to R50. Goreski was professional, fast and left no mess. I am very happy with their work and I have already recommended them to my father in law.

reshingled roof

Roof needed reshingled as shingles were curling . Got 3 quotes in writing. GORESKI Roofing won the bid but not because they were the cheapest. They were right in the middle of the 3 quotes but did mention wsib coverage and fall arrest for their workers where as the cheapest bid did not mention wsib coverage or fall arrest training.
They did a great job. Would recommend this company.

Robert Sargent from Ottawa
Robert Sargent from Ottawa
2 reviews Port Perry, ON

Roof Repair

We hired Goreski Roofing on the recommendation of two general contractors in the Port Perry area, and were happy with their work. They repaired both the house and garage roofs, adding four sheets of plywood to the garage roof, added three new vents, cleaned out the gutters, and did a good job cleaning up the job site once finished. The roofers were courteous and efficient, and completed the job in a timely fashion. The only problem we had at all was in communication with the company before the job was begun, and in getting a quote in writing, as they said their computers were down and we had to rely instead on voice messages. These were always answered though, the job was completed to our satisfaction, and we eventually received a written invoice. I would certainly recommend this company to others.

JJT from Whitby
JJT from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Replacement Roof

Paul booked me in for a new roof in the Fall 2013. Work was done and paid for in May 2014. I have told Paul about damage to my Garage Door and capping 6 times already and he keeps promising to fix it. 4 months later he still has not shown up. Please shop around for another company.

Karen Judd from Oshawa
Karen Judd from Oshawa
4 reviews Oshawa, ON

skylights, and small part of roof

Quality of job done was very good. After ordering they did not keep me up to date on install date. I had to follow up 3x. They put the job off 2x. Price was reasonable, but they did add extra $79 after the job was done.

Terry from Whitby
Terry from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

New roof

Goreski replaced my roof in 2001 using 30 year shingles. Shortly after they installed the new roof, large areas of the roof started to sag between joists. They came out and told me it was my problem because the roof was not properly vented. They had install all new ridge vents. Each year my roof gets worse and now I am looking at a multi thousand dollar repair job.

BARRY KNOLL in Oshawa
BARRY KNOLL in Oshawa
9 reviews Oshawa, ON

house roof replaced

Due partially to the weather, but had to wait a long time for them to come. Contract signed in May and they came end of Aug. The work when it was completed was very professional and they did a good clean up. We had to wait quite awhile to get the flashing around the porch finished and my husband had to say he was hiring an independent person before this work was done. Therefore all of the wok was excellent but the timeline was too long.

Greg in Whitby
Greg in Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

New roof

I was originally going to tackle this myself, after a small addition at the front of my house. Instead of just roofing the new area, we decided to do the whole roof. It was late in the season, and after being recommended by 2 friends who had their roofs done, I called Goreski. They were promt in the quoting, and mid level price. Once I decided to go with them, the crew arrived the following week. It was great to see the care they took around the property. They did quality, efficient work. Also, during the job we had a massive rain storm move in, and they were great to leave the back half of the roof on, and complete the front so I would still be protected.
All in all, the guys were great. They took care to cover everything up and cleaned everything right up. If the roof didn't look so great, you probably wouldn't have know they were there.

Kathy in Oshawa
Kathy in Oshawa

Roof

We had a new roof put on this year and they were fantastic. Brought by shingles samples and offered us a quote based on a few choices. They put the roof on over a two day period and were very efficient and tidy. Their quote was very fair and in line with most of the others we rec'd. We ended up going with them based on their experience and reputation in Durham Region and are very happy we did!!