Superior Garage Doors

Truth in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Truthful Review

“When In doubt, tell the truth” – Mark Twain

I am a truth seeker, I see bad reviews online and like to contact the company involved to get their side of the story and then post it for them. If you are looking for the truth, or at least the companies side, look no further!

Dear Tammey,

How the conversation went, from what I was told, with your husband (who, by the way, I have been told is a very nice and funny man) went along the lines of “I don’t know how tall the door is” “well normally they are around 7ft, like that door there – does that seem like the correct height” (as your husband stood in front of the door) “yes that seems correct”. As the office administrator has been doing this for over 16 years I can guarantee that she would know what she is talking about and would not intentionally sell an incorrect part nor sell a part that the customer didn’t feel comfortable in purchasing.

With regards to the conversation you had a few days later with the administrator, you were told they could exchange your cable THAT DAY. All that was needed was for an installer to come back to that office later to get the proper cable. At NO TIME were you told it had to be ordered in.

As for the “all sales are final” there is a large sign in the office that clearly states that (I’ve actually seen it).

Now as for you swearing at the office administrator, calling her names, and making her feel uncomfortable when she was trying to explain the company policies and what could be done to work with you is NOT acceptable. At Superior they try to work with their customers when there is an unforeseen issue. It is unfortunate when the customers don’t feel the need to hold themselves to the same level of professionalism and try to bully the staff, either at this business or any other business.

Charles in Oshawa
Charles in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Honest Company

Thank you very much for your assistance as well as your help in letting me know that, for a handyman like me, this was a job that could be done. You could have easily sold me your services and never told me how to do it, or what the problem really was, and I would have been no wiser about it. However, you were enough of an honest person to let me know what I could do without incurring any unnecessary expense and I actually managed to do it.

I appreciated your assistance very much and rest-assured that I will keep you in mind both for my own future requirements as they arise as well as to recommend you to my friends.

Tammey from Bowmanville
Tammey from Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Replacement cable for Door

As one reviewer stated, do your homework on this company. The receiptionst is the rudest I have ever encountered in retail. Constantly rolling her eyes and shrugging. Great professional body language.
The cable snapped on our oversized (8' high) garage door. My husband went and bought the replacement. She sold my 6'-3" tall husband a cable for a 7' high door. I took it back, they had nothing in stock for 8' high doors. Said she could order something in.We required this part ASAP as we are closing on our home, thus we have no time to wait. She refused to refund me, said "all sales are final". Well she failed to tell my husband that when he purchased the short cable, nor is it printed anywhere on our receipt.
She even claims that my husband (6'-3" tall) told her the door was 7' high. I guess all this time, he still doesn't know his height. Since he can reach the top of a 7' door but with an 8', he needs a ladder.
Save yourself frustration and deal with a more professional company.

Scott from Whitby
Scott from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Garage door service

Always courteous and friendly - when you can get them to show up. They did a nice job installing my two doors, however for later service calls they never arrive at the time you agree upon. When I say I'm working all day and they agree to come in the afternoon, they arrive in the morning(neighbour informed me). If you're not there, oh well. Sometimes they didn't even show up on the day they agreed to come. It shouldn't be too difficult to call clients and let them know about unforseen schedule changes, but they never do.

Tammy from Whitby
Tammy from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Garage Door

We purchased a CHI garage door from Superior ~5 years ago. The door is excellent, still looks fantastic and the service/installation when we purchased was excellent. Just had to make a service call on the door and Superior confirmed it was still under warranty and came the next day to fix it. Would recommend!

Chris S from Whitby
Chris S from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Garage Door Replacement

Terrible service from the get go. Better than thou attitude and a way to make you feel like your opinion doesn't matter. Should have known better, but went with therm even though they were much more expensive because the warranty was pushed and thought we'd be safe... We were wrong! Takes them forever to get back to you. Receptionist was rude and didn't call back even after numerous calls for a warranty service. Once they came out they said we weren't covered under there warranty, even thought we had 3 years and only 1 had past. Installers were 2 young guys that cared more about smoking and talking about their weekend and let the garage filthy! Very disappointing... Not recommending this company to anyone!!! The owners T & S should be ashamed.

George Z from Oshawa
George Z from Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Garage Dr. Handle Replacement

Like any company you are going to deal with, I strongly suggest you do your homework with these folk and make your own decisions. Make sure you note the page on their website where they talk about fraud in their industry and have nothing good to say about almost every other company out there. This company is always interested in the money first, once that is paid forget the service, nothing is ever covered. I purchased a door for the garage, when the spring broke I was told it was not covered by the lifetime hardware warranty that we had paid extra for. Later when the handle used to open the door broke they told me there was no lifetime hardware warranty on our system. I had to go home and send them my records proving I had paid extra to get the lifetime warranty. The handle should have been covered as it no longer was providing any clamping force to the door, the installer arrived, instead of providing me with a quote and calling me with that quote as he was instructed to do only a few hours previously he demanded approx. $170 ( 99 for service call, 50 for handle plus tax ) from my retired parents in the house to complete the repair. I was never notified. When I asked for the old parts back they said they had thrown them out and said that they had been damaged. Having used the handle for several years I was aware that no damage existed, but conveniently they were now in the waste. Handles are available at many sources for around $15. When I called Amaar about the problem I was told to never deal with the dealer after the first year, deal directly with Amaar and they will arrange the warranty repair. And yes, Amaar said both the spring and handle should have been covered under the lifetime hardware warranty. So do I recommend these people, doubt it, they have never gotten back to me, though I am sure Tom the owner will have a great rebuttle here. And as for $99 service calls, it is a garage door after all, not rocket science. Again this is just my experience and opinion, yours may vary.

Corby Chapin in Whitby
Corby Chapin in Whitby
1 review L1N9J3, ON

New garage Door

Brutal. When they installed the garage door they left an electrical box in the ceiling hanging by its wires so the cord to the garage door opener would reach.

The door may not be installed properly because it doesn't appear to seal evenly. They say it's likely because the garage foundation isn't level. That's very possible, but nobody has bothered to come out and check, despite a number of calls.

The capping was installed two months later and looks horrible. They had to cut the aluminium for the archway due to the length, but didn't put the cut centred to the house, so now it looks wonky. Even worse, they had to cut two pieces (one below the other) and didn't even line those cuts up! Ridiculous looking! AND, the cut job is jagged and amateurish.

I've phoned monthly since then to try and have it resolved. Nobody comes by. I've been told that I'll be called back "in 15 minutes" on some occasions - nobody calls.

Don't waste your money. The other company we were going to go with was only a couple hundred more.

1) The garage door opener was installed by someone other thatn our people. The opener was ALREADY in place when we replaced the existing wood garage door. The electrical outlet was an incorrectly modified light socket, that I assume was done by the homeowner, that fell out of the ceiling when someone ( not us ) pulled out an extension cord while standing on the floor. We fixed the problem within hours of the customer calling us because it appeared that the homeowner did not have the skills necessary to fix it himself - even though we did not cause the problem!

2) the capping was not satisfactory from our perspective either. We have since replaced the capping and the customer is happy with the final product. We have decided not to charge for the capping ( aluminum around the garage door jamb ) because of the aggravation we caused the customer.

3) the door was within 1/8 of an inch from perfectly level. The garage floor was not. We have since lowered one side of the door so that the door "looks" level when viewed from the street- but it's really tilted 1/8 of an inch the other way now - and not level!

4) we log EVERY call! - date and time. The customer was NEVER TOLD that someone would call back in "15 minutes". The only people in the office are admin and sales associates, not owners or technicians. Due to the constraints of the work being done it is often impossible to return calls immediately ( up a ladder, lifting parts into place, dead zones for cell reception) , it would be unreasonable to commit to such a time frame. The customer was told - repeatedly - that we would correct and/or replace the capping as soon as possible.