Alberta Hardwood Flooring Ltd

Reviews for Alberta Hardwood Flooring Ltd

jehrman
jehrman

Excellent service and installation from Alberta Hardwood

Dean at Alberta Hardwood was incredible to work with, and gave us 5/5+ service through out the entire process. We replaced over 2000 sq feet or flooring in our home (engineered hardwood, carpet, and tile), and Dean was excellent to deal with from the very first meeting all the way through to the installation. He was personally at our home every day during the demo of the existing floor, and install of all the new flooring, and not a single detail was overlooked. Their installation team was top notch, and the job they did on the install was immaculate. The job started on-time and was completed on-time with no issues. We attribute this to the high standards AB hardwood has for their sub contractors, and that Dean was present each day at the job site to check the progress. We highly recommend Dean and AB Hardwood, and will use them again on our next renovation project.

P. McKenzie in Calgary
P. McKenzie in Calgary

Phil Valentiate and Larry Ray will BLOW you minds with professionalism

We talked with Larry Ray (sales) for about 2 hours discussing products and worked out a deal for the complete renovation of our main floor flooring (1400 Sq feet). Larry worked tirelessly on our deal getting us a great price for materials and install. He absolutely is there to make sure you are comfortable and prepared for a big (or small) purchase. Some people will say they will go above and beyond for their customers, Larry actually does!
Phil Valentiate (Tate Flooring Inc) completed the old floor removal and masterful install of the new flooring. Phil was such an amazing flooring contractor that I cannot write enough in here to make him sound good enough. Phil came in every day with a smile on his face and worked his butt off. He (presently) is a one man crew. I call him a crew cause he is a flooring machine. His work is precise, detailed, accurate, and is always willing to accommodate the clients ideas. He truly is a flooring craftsman as we had several custom pieces which we talked about and he worked into the flooring plan. He made sure every single piece was perfect. Phil took real pride in his work and our beautiful floor is now proof of his skill and knowledge.
If you are looking for a great place to purchase your new floor don't look any further than Larry or Phil.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Main floor tile and hardwood install

It's not everyday you meet a company and individual that still take pride in their work. Alberta hardwood and Brenley Carson exceeded our expectations. Brenley remained on top of the project and even asked us to take a second look at the tile before the install to ensure the colour variation in the various tiles was not to extreme.

She told us when the installers would be there, scheduled the installers we asked for, visited the job site to ensure everything was
happening according to plan.

Was a pleasure dealing with Brenley and the quality of the finished job speaks volumes.

R/J

Hardwood floor refinishing

Honestly, our floors look great but I would only hire these guys if you are getting a really good quote. And you don't mind re-painting your house! There were splashes of stain along all of our walls. Thank god we hadn't installed our cabinetry yet. I'd strongly urge you to pay a little extra at a different company for better customer satisfaction.

MCox in Calgary
MCox in Calgary

Installation of Flooring

We renovated our apartment this winter. Alberta Hardwood Flooring (formerly Lakeview Flooring) installed new flooring in all but the bathrooms. Installing flooring in an older building is not easy, especially as we have metal door frames. However, the installers were very meticulous. The cuts around the doors have been done with care. We were out of the country during the renovation, but this was not an issue when dealing with this company. The only place we could find suitable flooring for our needs, as apartments have specific regulations and we did not want wood, was with this company. We worked closely with Brenley who is very professional. She actually located the flooring we required from a large selection of different types. I would highly recommend Alberta Hardwood Flooring.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Hardwood floor repair and restain

Initial contact with the company seemed promising: detailed explanation, good pricing, polite staff. Then came time to actually do the installation and staining and things fell apart. The account manager didn't have a colour swatch for picking colours so we had to drive all the way to the store to do so. The person at the store had a swatch containing exactly 4 options, none of which we were satisfied with. Her solution was to use Google Images to find pictures of not professional swatches but amateur photos of people's home projects, some taken with poor lighting. We finally settled on a possibility and when the actual technician arrived to do the staining, we expressed our concerns about having picked a colour without a proper chip system. Thankfully he offered to mock up some options directly on the floor. We later discovered that despite having removed all appliances in advance so all of the floors could be properly covered, some areas that would have been covered by appliances were not stained. Our heat vent covers were removed by the tech and took MONTHS to get the replacements: The company could not locate them as the account manager had left the business, so they offered to get new ones for us. When the newly stained covers finally did arrive in a box, some were stuck to the cardboard and it was not possible to fully peel off all of it without damaging the varnish. All in all, not the best experience.

DONNA  from Calgary
DONNA from Calgary

Hardwood floor emergency

I used Vim wood floor cleaner on my new maple floors and it was a disaster. Rather than try something to remove the residue and have a bigger problem on my hands, I emailed AB Hardwood flooring from their website and asked if they could help.
I got a call about 3 minutes later - yes literally 3 minutes - from Ryan who asked me to send him pictires, which I did.
He researched the product I used on the floor and pointed out where I had gone wrong by sending me some information I didn't see on the bottle. He suggested I call the Vim 800 line before using anything and if they were not able to help me, he would see if there was something they could do for me. I was able to remedy the problem - but I must say I was so impressed with this company's customer service I had to write this and will definitely have them on the top of my list for future!

Dawn from Calgary
Dawn from Calgary

installation of cork flooring

Recently had the Torlys cork flooring installed in my home, it is absolutely wonderful! Thank you Mat for your assistance in making the arrangements. Thank you Klaus for the wonderful job done in installing the product. He was fast and efficient.

Fred from Calgary
Fred from Calgary

Carpet and tile installation

We had carpet installed on our stairs, hallway and basement. We also replaced the lino in a bathroom with tiles. Mat was extremely helpful in selecting the tile and providing advice about selecting carpet. The tile installer did a wonderful, meticulous job and the carpet installers were also very competent. We are very pleased with the results -- Thanks Guys!!

Hi Fred,

Thank you for taking the time to send this great review. I will make sure to pass this on to Mat and the installers involved in your project.

Best Regards,

Paul Rivington
Director of Sales

Jessica from Calgary
Jessica from Calgary

Laminate Flooring Install

I chose Lakeview based on their Homestars reviews and ratings. They did not disappoint. The laminate we chose is beautiful!
Our installer was incredibly efficient and with 33 years of flooring installation experience, his workmanship was impeccable.
I would strongly recommend Lakeview Floors.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad everything worked out so well.

Paul Rivington
Dir of Sales

More about Alberta Hardwood Flooring Ltd

Alberta Hardwood Flooring
...A Reputation You Can Stand On
Whether you are building a new home or renovating, our staff are here to help you make the best decisions about your flooring. Those that work with us are skilled, passionate and experienced in all aspects of flooring.