Some Like It Hot

HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Newcastle  >  Some Like It Hot

Reviews for Some Like It Hot

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Patio furniture

Buyer beware! Once you make the purchase and pay the money, the relationship changes. We had problems with the cushions and chairs upon delivery. Called Bet and sales person, they were very rude. We had to drive out and pick up the replaced cushion, even though it was their mistake. Couldn't help us with the chairs, so we called the manufacture and the issue was resolved. We would never buy from them again.

BTEWMoor from Newcastle
BTEWMoor from Newcastle
2 reviews Newcastle, ON

consult

I had a consult with the sales guy - Dave. Very nice and knowledgeable. I was told that my consult fee would be deducted from the removal and install price once booked- but when I called to make a payment and confirm the install date, the woman named Bet snapped and said they do not credit the consult fee and was VERY rude and made me feel like I was wrong for asking for my deposit credit when that was what was promised by them from the get go! Then they cancelled my service and kept my money. They might be good at their technical services BUT their ethics and customer service is HORRIBLE. I would NEVER recommend this company.

Some Like It Hot! is an AUTHORIZED CONTRACTOR for Direct Buy and its customers. Some Like It Hot! charges a non-refundable consulting fee to visit the homes of Direct Buy customers to determine the needs of these customers. Some Like It Hot! has discounted rates for Direct Buy customers to more than offset the consulting fee, should they wish to proceed with the work agreed upon.
Some Like It Hot! opted not to proceed with the work after 32 emails went back and forth with strange and uncomfortable requests. No further consulting fees were charged for the information given in these emails.
Some Like It Hot! has received the "READERS CHOICE AWARD" for 9 straight years. This AWARD is give by the people of the community for Superior Customer Service and workmanship.
The combined experience of the 3 main people at Some Like It Hot! totals 88 years.

Sarah in Bowmanville
Sarah in Bowmanville
7 reviews Clarington, ON

Gas Fireplace Installation

Some Like It Hot
905-987-1133
29 King W
Newcastle

We have dealt with this business on a couple of occasions. They are very knowledgeable and and do not try to over sell you. They tell you exactly what you need and what would be an option and what makes the most sense. Great customer service and the best pricing around. They are really down to Earth.

burkek
burkek
5 reviews NEWCASTLE, ON

Purchased PVC-over-aluminum frame chairs

We purchased PVC-over-aluminum chairs for our balcony from Some Like It Hot. They were very pleasant to deal with. And when they found out we had no way to cart the large chairs home, they offered to deliver them for free that evening. We're so happy with the comfortable chairs, and very lucky to have such a business in Newcastle.

Carolyn Oshawa
Carolyn Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Put in a chimney liner

We had the chimney sweep man come and clean our chimney, but we wheren't allowed to use our air tight fireplace any longer because it was unsafe. Therefore he recommended "Some Like it Hot", we called and they where here immediately. The liner was put in place in approximately 3 days, and they gave us alot of info. Our fireplace has never worked so efficient in 15 years since we moved into this home. They were also curtious, clean, and I definately would recommend them to my friends. They also told us of some other work the chimney needed, and recommended someone to do the masonary work. I fine if you get a recommendation from one good guy, the next one is also reliable, and you get excellent work.
Thankyou for listening and it was a pleasure to write this review.