Darrell Thomas Textiles

Katie and Gordon in Ottawa
Katie and Gordon in Ottawa
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Sewing classes and products

I have taken two different sewing classes at Darrell Thomas over the past couple of years, and they were really good. So far everyone I have dealt with there has been helpful and friendly. There are always different people teaching the sewing classes, but the person that taught both of the ones I took was a good teacher and very personable. DT doesn't carry a huge inventory like big box fabric stores, but they carry a lot of specialty stuff, most of which is pretty expensive. Their basic fabrics are reasonably priced though, as are their sewing supplies (needles, patterns, measuring devices etc.). And they give people a discount while they are taking sewing classes with them to encourage them to buy their supplies there. Also, they fundraise for the Cat Rescue Network, selling fabric remnants, donated fabric, sewing magazines, etc. So you can get some great deals with that stuff and be helping a good cause. Overall I like them and would take more classes with them.

Hi Katie, Thanks so much for the very lovely review. I am so sorry for the delay, but I just found this site tonight.

jhan
jhan
10 reviews Quispamsis, NB

fabric purchase

This location is worth checking out. They do not have a huge selection but what they have is quality. I did not find the staff super friendly but that was only one incident and that woman might not even be there now.

Hello Jhan, I am so sorry for the delay in responding, I just found this site this evening. I truly appreciate your comments. I am so sorry your welcome was not warm and friendly. We had a staff change over and have a very positive energetic team now. We hope that we will see you again.
Thanks
Darrell

More about Darrell Thomas Textiles

Darrell Thomas Textiles originally opened its doors September 18, 2000 and quickly became well known for providing the most beautiful and original dressmaking textiles in Ottawa, Canada. Darrell and Thomas opened this store with the purpose of providing the sewing community a boutique with well represented Textiles and Interior Accessories.
Looking for Fabric Shops pros in Ottawa?