Dale charged us a service fee after he refused to diagnose our dryer because it was disassembled. We had attempted to fix it but stopped because we didn't have the proper tools to test the motor. The motor was back in the dryer. To observe the symptoms one only needed to plug in the dryer and turn it on. It's true that we didn't screw back the top and side covers. I should mention that as he started working on it, he got a call for another job and 2 minutes later he said he's not going to look at it because it was going to take way too long.
We spent about 4 hrs to figure it out ourselves. Thanks to a few You-Tube instructional videos and our patience, it's working great now!