Basement Technologies

Basement Technologies

Reviews for Basement Technologies

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Basement foundation repair

We had two water leaks in our basement over the past winter. On a recommendation from a neighbour we contacted BT to address the repair. Having water in your basement is daunting enough, but getting it repaired is very unsettling. It is a dirty, messy job and so much of your outside ground is disturbed. But it has to be done. The whole staff at BT from the owner, the office administrators and the on-site workers were very helpful, pleasant and made the task seem so much easier and stress-free not just for us but for our neighbour who bore most of the disruption. They even collaborated with our irrigation company to remove and then replace the water line that ran along the wall. Indeed, we would not hesitate to recommend them. P.S. the cost was very fair too.

Corrie
Corrie
4 reviews Burlington, ON

Very thorough and attentive to customer

Randy from Basement Technologies met with me to review my options for resolving some leaking we were having in our basement. He spent over an hour and a half reviewing all of the relevant information with me, looking at the pertinent areas of my home, and explaining in detail what my options were. He was extremely thorough and answered all of my questions with great detail. In particular, he was very forthcoming with what obstacles my house presented and what this might mean in terms of what could be found when detailed investigations started. He was clear about pricing of the various options to the best of his ability and noted where price would be unknown until things were discovered upon investigation. Even in these unknown situations, however, he still gave some sense of cost (e.g., cost per square foot). A couple days later, he emailed me a thorough quote outlining the issues he observed int he house, options for moving forward, and costs. Unfortunately, our air conditioner broke down just a few days later, requiring us to put a halt to any waterproofing in the basement due to cost limitations. When I spoke to Randy again on the phone and let him know we could not move ahead with the project, he still spent an additional 15 minutes on the phone answering more questions I had. I was very impressed with his communication skills and his willingness to spend time with me to ensure I understood everything clearly. Once we are ready to invest in this project, we will certainly be calling him again to move ahead with the project.
Of note is that we had someone from another company come in to the house as well to provide a quote. The person from the other company only spent 15 minutes at my home, barely looking at the house to determine what the project would entail, and provided very limited information about pricing, only noting that it depended on what was found.
While I cannot speak to the actual final product, the customer service and communication was exceptional.

Dominic in Oakville
Dominic in Oakville

Basement Flooding Prevention

We were very happy that we hired Basement Technologies and we would highly recommend them.
After having a small basement drain backup due to tree roots, we decided it would be a good idea to reduce any chance of future water/sewage leaking in to our home. BT is on the Halton Region Authorized Contractors list and we hired them to disconnect our old sump pump and pit, install a battery back-up pump, backwater valve and reline our sanitary drain line.
Randy and the Basement Technologies team were very helpful, knowledgeable, prompt and professional. They answered all of our questions and even quickly responded to a concern during a rain storm on Good Friday.
It is kind of a messy job but dust and dirt in the work area was kept to a minimum and each morning they put down plastic to protect our hall hardwood and carpeting. They prepared the documents and made it easy for us to apply for the Region's subsidy program.
It was the best experience we have ever had with a contractor in our home and we would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable company.

outstanding service

12 years ago, BT repaired two cracks in my basement foundation. I experienced my first problem with that repair, a few days ago. An early thaw, combined with very heavy rain resulted in massive amounts of water around my home. One of BT's repairs developed a small leak, dripping into my basement. Yesterday, I called BT at 1130 am and left a message. My phone call was returned at 230 pm (by a very pleasant and helpful lady). She took my information. She called a second time, at 4:30 pm to say that a technician would be at my home on the following day, at 1000 am. A BT technician attended, as scheduled and on time. I was struck by his clean-cut appearance and polite manners. I watched as he performed a thorough and speedy repair, then cleaned the site. Full marks to BT for speedy contact by their office, a terrific response by their technician, and for honouring a 12 year old warranty. 5 stars!

Jen Newton in Burlington
Jen Newton in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Would give them 11/10 if I could

This company is outstanding. When my 85 year old mother's basement sprung a foundation leak at 5pm on the Friday before Christmas, General Manager Randy came out personally to look things over. He easily spent over a half hour trying to work out a way to manage the fast flowing leak, especially considering the only drain in the basement was about 30' away. He promised to return the next day (Christmas Eve!) with his son as he'd already let the rest of the company go for Christmas vacation until January.

The next day, Randy and his son came over and jury rigged a tube system to trap the majority of the foundation leak and run it safely to the drain. This is not a permanent fix, that will be when they return in the spring when the ground is soft enough to dig to fix the foundation from the outside; this was simply to hold us over a three month period. It's not perfect, and we knew it wouldn't be, but it has really saved us and the contents of our basement. 95% of the leak is diverted and while the remaining leak has been problematic, it's been manageable.

Randy and his son gave up hours of their Christmas Eve to help out a family whose own Christmas was about to be ruined. This is a company that is not only skilled and imaginative when handed a tricky problem, but a family-based group with real heart who will clearly go the extra mile to help out those in a real jam.

Cannot recommend them enough and wouldn't hesitate to have them back!

Judy in Burlington
Judy in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Basement flooding

Our basement flooded in 2014 and we hired Basement technologies to locate the issue, fix it and install back flow valve etc. the work was done on a timely basis, they explained clearly what needed to be done and why. Very professional, great workers, cleaned up each day as the work progressed. Very happy with the results. Basement is now completely dry and the work has been tested numerous times.

Nancy in Stoney Creek
Nancy in Stoney Creek
5 reviews Hamilton, ON

basement waterproofing a nightmare

I was extremely disappointed in the communication with the company and the crew. Unfortunately since the work was completed a drought has arrived and a true test of the work has not happened. The crew was undependable, insisted on music loud enough to be heard over the jackhammers or they would not work. Beer cans were found in the dumpster. They left the plumbing and electricity hanging as they do not reattach things to the walls that they take down. Dust prevention was only used sporadically. The wall membrane was poorly put up. It is blousing and unsecured at the bottom. The workers were yelling at me and I was so upset that I had a neighbor over, and he made them leave. After a few weeks some of the concrete they replaced is still not dry and I do not mean where the new lesser grade concrete meets the old. Also did not get the warrantee mailed to me.

I am one of the partners at Basement Technologies and I am sorry to hear that Nancy was not happy. We have worked for over 2,000 customers over the past 20 years and only a handful have not been pleased with our work. When there is a problem, most people call my partner or me to discuss. We then either explain why something is the way it is or immediately remedy the problem. Nancy did not contact either of us and we did not know she had any issues until we read the above review. I have gone over the issues with my production manager and provide the following comments: 1) communication was difficult at times as information was often relayed through the tenant living there; 2) as to the crew being “unreliable”, Nancy questioned the crews’ work times during the job, questioning their arrival and departure times as well as the length of lunch breaks – it was explained to her that they often needed time back at our shop to transfer debris from our truck that was taken from the job site and would sometimes go to a supplier for materials during their lunch break. We checked the tracker on their truck to confirm that this was indeed what was happening; 3) music was turned down when the crew was asked; 4) dust prevention was used but it can never totally eliminate the dispersion of dust created when breaking up concrete; 5) The wall membrane (house wrap) was correctly installed as shown in pictures we took after its installation; it was also inspected and passed by the City of Hamilton as was all the work under the building permit; 6) when the crew went back to finish the cleanup of the job site, Nancy was rude and condescending to them and one did eventually raise his voice in response (I agree though that this is not acceptable); 7) regarding not restoring plumbing and electrical lines, this is explicitly not part of our contract and customers either have their own contractor follow with the rebuilding/restoration or we recommend one for them; 8) all concrete is of high quality from pre-mixed bags supplied by the top Hamilton building material supplier and it was applied properly; it does not make sense that it had not dried after a few weeks – it will appear darker than the old undisturbed concrete (we literally apply tons of concrete each year, including completely replacing basement floors and building new foundation walls and have never had this issue raised before).
Basement Technologies works hard to do quality work at a fair price and most of our customers are repeat customers who have moved to a new home or are referred to us by happy customers. Please check our website at www.dampbasements.com for dozens of real reviews from some of these customers, including many for the crew discussed above.

Ramona from Hamilton
Ramona from Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Crack injections, installation of backwater valve

I hired Basement Technologies in March to fill cracks in my basement wall and in April to install a sewer mainline backwater valve. I really like the staff at this company. They were super at communicating and getting the work done, and neatly and in a timely way. I would hire them again.

Martin Robillard from Hamilton
Martin Robillard from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Backwater Valve

I had Basement Technologies come in to repair a sewage backup in my basement. The guys were friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Showed up on time and even worked late to get my basement cleared up and protected with a backwater valve installation.

Samantha Burman from Hamilton
Samantha Burman from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Basement Waterproofing

Basement Technologies handled everything! They got the locates, pulled the permit and took care of all building inspectors. They waterproofed the entire house which stopped all water leaks from coming in. Friendly service, great crew!!!

More about Basement Technologies

Basement Technologies® was founded by Ed Gravely in the fall of 1996. The focus of this company was to engage in ongoing research and discovery of foundation repair products, embrace and employ the best of the best and bring to customers’ foundations, the best products available on the face of ...
Looking for Waterproofing pros in Hamilton?