Beingessner Home Exteriors Ltd

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
9 Henry Saint Jacobs ON N0B 2N0
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Elmira  >  Beingessner Home Exteriors Ltd

Reviews for Beingessner Home Exteriors Ltd

Private User reviews Saint Jacobs, ON

Pretty sure we've just lost $621.50

We called Beingessner in August '17 to get two pairs of exterior shutters replaced with a higher-end product than is available at retail stores. Since the spouse & I both have medical conditions precluding ladder work, we discussed having someone come to measure and also see if there was fading on the siding to determine the proper size for the new shutters. Greg said it would be a few weeks because they're not in Guelph very often. Okay, we said, that's fine.

by mid-October, we concluded they'd forgotten about us. We climbed out the window against doctor's orders to measure, and ordered the shutters ourselves from *another* contractor with intent to install them via our handyman in the spring.

Mid-November -- three and a half months after my call -- a very pleasant Beingessner subcontractor showed up on the roof completely unannounced and installed too-large shutters incorrectly. When I called in the spring (early March -- the next available date for getting on the roof) Greg argued that getting to Guelph was too far (20 - 35 minutes) to come to the site twice. He then spent about ten minutes arguing that they'd never agreed to measure the job (?!) , which, at this point I knew we were in trouble.

By April, they said they were going to make us happy and get it redone. It's July, now. Still waiting, almost a year after the initial call. Pretty sure we've lost our $621.50 and will have to have it redone by another company.

Michael in Waterloo
Michael in Waterloo
0 reviews Waterloo, ON

Didn't bother with window insulation

We have an older house (1975) and had these guys replace several doors and windows on two separate occasions. The first job was smaller (2 doors, one window); it seemed to be done alright, so we gave them a bigger one (7 windows). What struck me right then was that they magically managed to do the second job faster than the first.

Shortly after (it was around Christmas '15), I discovered that cold air was blowing in next to one of the new windows. This summer, I finally got around to fixing this up when renovating the room - I saw practically no foam insulation on top of both windows. Then, last week, I noticed more cold air blowing into the kitchen. I decided to rip the trim from all their handiwork and get to the bottom of it. Overall, among all the 9 windows and outer doors, there were two (2) that actually had been properly insulated. In all others, there were smaller or larger gaps. In one case, I could see right into outer space from within my kitchen. In another, a stretch of some 20 inches was entirely without any insulation foam (see picture). That means to me that they did not even pretend to do a proper job; they cared only about finishing up on time, slapped on the trim, and cashed their check.

The quality of the windows themselves is fine, but then, they are not manufactured by Beingessner. Apparently, with these jokers, a $10,000 price tag doesn't cover proper insulation. Take your money elsewhere.

Oh, and my dear Beingessner, if you read this, don't bother with the "this guy no longer works here" schpiel. Your manager did not give him enough time to do a proper job - nobody could have done it properly in that single day of work you allowed for it. The fish rots from the head down.

Bruce Mc in Waterloo
Bruce Mc in Waterloo
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Window and siding replacement

We had Beingessner do a big renovation project to a 20 year old house we bought replacing original windows, ext. doors and vinyl siding. Throughout the project the job was well managed, the products of good quality and we were happy with the communication between us, the trades and the project manager. We feel we did get good value and were happy with the end result.

Laura in Saint Marys
Laura in Saint Marys
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

New door and 2 basement windows

They didn't review what they got from manufacturer before installation: sliding pane on both windows were off-square, after a visit from the manufacturer, a much back and forth and a new sliding pane, we decided to leave it because it seems the problem is neither the manufacturer, nor Beingessner, knows what a square corner is. The door was bowed at the sides and top after installation and when we asked for a correction, we received answers like "it is within standards", and that was repeated for every defect pointed to them, it seemed like a very handy excuse, but what they failed to mention was "what standards?", the only ones I can think of are those ruling poor quality jobs. A re-toothing was paid as par of the door installation, even that needed a re-work. They are window wise certified, I failed to see how is that possible.
I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, if you want a crappy job, you can get it way cheaper than what they charge you.

S. Ferguson
S. Ferguson
0 reviews Guelph, ON

window repair/door installation

This company listens and understands it's customer. When first entering, an associate is there to greet you and go through any questions you have. They will also use google street view to search up your house so that they have an accurate picture of the front of your house where a new door will be installed.