Bowen Foundation Repair Inc

Reviews for Bowen Foundation Repair Inc

Chrissy from Toronto
Chrissy from Toronto

Basement Waterproofing

Bowen weeped our basement over 5 years ago and it has been dry up until this spring. We called Colleen to come take a look and he honoured the warranty. His crew came back and did a days work extending the weeping system to ensure proper drainage of the initial work. Colleen was able to provide thoughtful and effective solutions that didn't involve ripping up too much of the finished renovations. The crew were respectful of the house, friendly and hard working.

Rob from Toronto
Rob from Toronto

Basement waterproofing

I had a damp basement. I called BFR and Collen was nice and seemed competent. When the work started his brother (I think) takes over and they undertake the highly technical work of digging a trench and screwing plastic to the side of the foundation. Soil was carelessly tossed back in the hole and not compacted. Next rain instead of dampness i get water FLOODING in like and open tap through a hole the size of a quarter. MONTHS later they come back and do the job again and guess what? now I'm back to having a damp basement. I"VE NEVER FELT MORE RIPPED OFF IN MY LIFE. Do not hire this company!!!!!

Sheree Cerqua
Sheree Cerqua

interior weeping

A guy from Bowman Masonry is a casual acquaintance of my husband so we called them up to do the interior weeping tiles for us. They were fabulous. All the guys were great and their prices are right where they should be. I’ve recommended them already because they were simply excellent.

Josef Schauer from Toronto
Josef Schauer from Toronto
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Water Proofing

Collen came out to the house wrote down the measurements Discussed all the details and described the process of how they HAND dig the entire job. I scheduled the work, the crew and Collen came promptly on the day. They were all friendly courteous, and knowledgeable about the entire process.
Cory Followed up the next day with a Visit to ensure the project was flowing well. Collen returned on the third day to make sure All the work was done to beyond his and my expectations. I am thoroughly happy with BFR and i would recommend them to anyone needing their basement protected properly. Money Very well spent with a great warranty.

I can see why Mike Holmes trusts the Bowen Brothers.
They truly do follow Mike's moto:
"Make it Right" and "Do it right the First time"

Shannon in East Chinatown
Shannon in East Chinatown

Exterior Waterproofing

Collen and his team were true professionals and easy to work with. The quality of their work is exceptional (I've seen the shoddy work done by others in my neighbourhood who still have water issues). The crew of Marley, Nigel, and Emerson came early, worked long and hard and made sure everything was done well. BFR are one of the few contractors who do what they say, do it well, and aren't a pain to deal to with (i.e. I didn't have to chase them around, they weren't late, they didn't try to cut corners). Thanks BFR!

Ed Novak from Toronto
Ed Novak from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

waterproofing

Bought a house from bank in as is condition. After a heavy rain, found 4" of water. Called in RCC, BFR and some other guy. RCC was the cheapest but offered what seemed to be a minimal solution. The 2nd guy suggested a slightly more encompasing solution for double $$. BFR came in and recommended complete new weeping tiles and an internal waterproof system. This was most expensive but made most sense, The flooding stopped but I was still getting moist spots, BFR came back 3 more times to break up foundation and installed sump pump at their own cost. Excellent workmanship and they stand behind their work. First time ever I didn't have to chase contractors.

M Miller from Scarborough
M Miller from Scarborough
4 reviews Scarborough, ON

Interior Weeping Tile

About a year and a half ago we had BFR in to repair water seepage into our basement. There were 2 spots that had water flow after heavy rain but generally the basement was damp up until one storm that brought in several inches of water to about half the basement. All the people that we dealt with from BFR were professional in all regards - they did what they said they would on time and on budget. They cleaned up after themselves both inside and out which was really appreciated given how dirty/messy a job it was. I am VERY pleased with their work as the basement is still wonderfully dry!

JJ in Toronto
JJ in Toronto

Basement Leak

I recently bought an old house, and found out there was a leak in the corner of the basement. Nothing pouring in, but a fairly regular seeping through the thin concrete floor. I called around, and got a few quotes from various specialists. One was from Bowen. The gentleman they sent out gave me a proper quote (a bit higher than some, but absolutely professional) complete with a detailed description and a helpful diagram. But before he left, the Bowen rep noted that I hadn't yet plugged up the hole from a disconnected downspout. He recommended I do that before we went ahead with the $1000 repair. I did, it worked, and the repair became unnecessary. That kind of honesty deserves to be rewarded! I'll definitely call them again should another problem arise!

Frustrated in Scarborough
Frustrated in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Foundation / Waterproofing 1/2 of the house

Work on our foundation (front and back) completed two years ago. Presentation / promise of work to be completed - not done without a battle. Workers did only what they were instructed to do in extremely hot conditions (we did provide them with continuous refreshments) and appreciated their efforts. However, old soil returned to excavation site, including broken clay tiles, construction soil piled high and left - told would settle over time - never did. Did not replace patio stones (did not tell us they would not be doing that). Left the work area looking like a construction site. First heavy rain we had leaking / flooding in the basement - same as b/f repairs completed when a third party called Collin on our behalf about it it was pointed out that it did rain quite heavily!!!! Duh, why did we spend so much money thinking we were having that problem repaired, because it sure wasn't for the cosmetic effect. Heavy rain again, flooding again, spent most of the day, and every towel I own, mopping up the water. I am hoping for a positive response to my call to our 20 year warranty promise to repair the problem - would hate to move this into a legal arena - that should never be a solution. I appreciate too many contractors get stiffed, something we have never done and find it very unsettling that good honest contractors are so very hard to find. Don't prove me right - please come and fix this problem. I will update this with their response.

Peter Lee in Toronto
Peter Lee in Toronto

Waterproofing

Found some efflorescence on inside basement side wall spring of 2010 and called Collen from BFR to do an assessment. We decided to have a 13' section of the wall waterproofed for $3500. On June 14, BFR dug down, sealed the wall and backfilled w/i the day. On June 27, we had heavy rains and water seeped into our basement, leaving us w/ about an inch of water to clean up. The efflorescence was bad, but this was a nightmare. Turns out that the dig had just created a new path for water to enter the cinder block foundation (probably from underneath), even though it was freshly sealed. I had asked for weeping tile installation b/c we live in an old house. Turns out that there was no weeping tile, and BFR backfilled after sealing. They returned in late July to do a warranty repair. Dug up the same area and checked the sealing, which seemed OK. They decided that we would need a weeping tile installation. We scheduled their recommended plumber to work on a drain connection which cost $2600. In addition, the front of the house needed waterproofing and to complete the weeping tile system around the house - this was an additional $4500. We ended up spending over $10K that summer to waterproof the house.

I expected the job to be done right the first time b/c they are a Holmes on Homes contractor. And I did expect them to call me the first time when they dug down and found no weeping tile. But, I would recommend them b/c of their responsiveness. Everyone prefers work to be done right the first time - but one thing I did appreciate is how BFR followed up w/ the warranty dig and came back until the problem was fixed. In the 2 years since, we have had no further water issues.

More about Bowen Foundation Repair Inc

BFR Inc. uses industry leading waterproofing technology and can be seen regularly on HGTV’s “Holmes on Homes” educating homeowners and contractors on the best way to repair wet basements. Call us at 416-288-0547 or fill out our estimate form at www. bfr. ca for a free estimate.
Looking for Waterproofing pros in Scarborough Junction?