Arborcare Tree Service Ltd

Arborcare Tree Service Ltd

Reviews for Arborcare Tree Service Ltd

Private User reviews , AB

Very pleased

We recently had our trees pruned by Arborcare Calgary and I just wanted to compliment them on doing such a good job.
I was nervous about damage being done to my flowerbeds but the pruners were extremely careful.
The office staff were friendly as well. It's the first time that we have our tree pruned and we will definitely use them again.

KN in Toronto
KN in Toronto

Worst communication I have ever experienced

Arborcare Tree Service provides the WORST customer service and tree service I have ever experienced. From poor communication on what can and cannot be done, to their staff's inability to complete a job as per the contract, to not returning phone calls (2 months!) and not returning to our home to finish the job, they are hands down the worst.

The services were completed to contract and our customer service team made every effort to service you as a client. The tree that you had removed is common to suckering which was explained. Suckers were to be expected and were referenced in your agreement of service. Suckering can not be prevented without the use of chemicals which we do not recommend as it is not environmentally friendly, we recommend consistently cutting them back to their gradual end. We returned to your site last year at no charge to cut the suckers in the interest of customer service although this was not required. We can not return on a yearly basis free of charge to cut suckers when they are not covered under the original contract. Despite repeated attempts to communicate this to you I am unsure of any other resolution we could have offered. The balance of the service has been outstanding for over a year with no valid breach of contract to warrant the hold back of payment. I am more than happy to provide pricing on return visits to cut the suckers should your account be brought up to date.

Jordan from Edmonton
Jordan from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Elm tree trimming

Arborcare was not a timely company to deal with. After they trimmed my trees there were still several low hanging branches that hang out over the street. When I called to ask them to take care of that I was told that they wouldn't and that it was my responsibility to know how much trimming they would do. Several neighbors have commented on the poor job they did. I would not recommend them. There are cheaper options that do a better job.

Good Morning Jordan,
One of our ISA Certified Arborists has looked at your tree and the work was done to the scope that was quoted and approved. If you are unhappy with the service we can definitely work with you to rectify, the lower hanging branches were not part of the quote but we can send you a revised quote to add them. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and hope that we can work together to come to an agreement. Contact our office at your convenience.

Christine in Calgary
Christine in Calgary

Tree Removal

i have been dealing with getting a tree removed by Arbor Care since August, it took them approximately 3 weeks to get me an emailed quote that arrives on Sept 9. I called Sept 14 after receiving it to discuss it and also get them to assess another tree on the property as they had done all the trees except for one. I waited a few weeks and still no updated quote so I called on Sept 25 and was told yes it was done and it would be emailed to me right away, it didn't arrive until days later which was Oct.6, I booked to have 1 tree taken down as it is in jeopardy of falling over and could potentially hit a car or someone walking down the road if there is a big wind as the roots are lifting out of the ground on Sept 9 and gave them my credit card info and was told that it would be done within 10 days. I called on Oct 20 to see if they had a date yet and was told no that the waiting period of 2 weeks before a date would
be set was not up yet. I was also told that it would not be able to be done until mid November, I told them to shred my credit card and I would go eleswhere. 10 minutes later I had a call from Doug that I could not answer as I was at work, he left a message stating that my tree was scheduled for the next day, Sept 21 and if I had and questions to please call him back. I called him back at 1:00 that afternoon and was told he was gone for the day and to call him back in the morning after they found out who I was. I called him back at 10:00 Oct 21 and was told he was busy on the phone and whom ever answered the phone said that my tree appointment was cancelled for today as I didn't call Doug back yesterday as soon as I got the message. Well I don't know about anyone else but I do work and cannot always call someone right back when they call and leave a message on my cell phone, also I thought it was booked as that is what he stated on the message he left. I am soooooo frustrated with this company and now they are telling maybe sometime next week. If I can find someone to do it before then I will as to me this companies customer service is really bad along with their management. I have been in customer service for over 25 years and sure hope that I never gave this bad of service.

Good Morning Christine,

I apologize for the delays you experienced while receiving your quote, your service was not labeled as a hazardous tree after the estimate was completed. In these cases we try our best to get the service through our schedule in a timely manner but there are no guarantees. We do have emergency services available if you were concerned with safety, this would have ensured same day service but it is a premium. I do agree with you that there was unnecessary delay and I would be happy to resolve this for you by providing a date for the service at your convenience. However I do see that you have a scheduled date already confirmed. If there is anything I can do to improve your experience with us please let me know.

We strive to provide excellence in Customer Service and are happy to receive feedback to better our client experience.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Brent Carson from Calgary
Brent Carson from Calgary

Tree Pruning

Horrible company to deal with. After I approved quote, gave credit card info, never heard from them again. Several emails over weeks and no response. Sent cancellation and complaint email and they show up a week later! The crew had no idea what was going on.

Good afternoon Brent, I apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding. As your work required a climbing crew there was a different time frame for the work to be done, however we would love to provide you with preferred service. If you are willing to work with us we would gladly do the work within the next two weeks on any day of your choosing as well as credit you with a $50.00 ArborBuck to be used towards the final invoice of the work. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us the opportunity to make this better.

Grant & Tracey from Chestermere
Grant & Tracey from Chestermere
1 review Chestermere, AB

Hazardous Tree Removal

Work was not completed as per emergency request and I was told in order for them to do the job I would have to give them my MC# which I did. Workers came and took down non-hazard part of tree and left the hazard still standing. On both occasions there were witnesses to the arrival and departure of the workers. Two other workers came previously to assess the tree and agreed the whole tree needed to be removed. Workers didn't know how to back wood chipper down alley which we had requested. Workers came back 3 days later instead of next day as promised to finish the 3 hrs hazard removal that they promised and charged me for 2 days emergency rates for a job that should have been on the first day!! They said that they stopped their workers as they put in a 10 hr day and when I called the office they promised me that they would be back the next day to finish the 3 hrs minimum required. They actually sent out two workers prior to assess the tree and agreed the tree standing was still a hazard. We were not aware that we would be paying emergency rates again!! The invoice I received did not even have a breakdown of hours. They were only at my home the first day for a total of 2 hrs and the second day 1 hr but as I have stated I was charged for 2 days at emergency rates plus an extra day of travelling to and from my house and disposal fees. Had they finished the job the first day as requested in an e-mail I would have not had to pay the extra travel time and disposal fees. Even though I have all the proof in correspondence between myself and Arborcare the manager just kept on making up excuses so they wouldn't have to credit us for an extra day for their mistake. When I gave my MC# to Arborcare I was worried this type of thing would happen and it did!!! They offered me 1 hr refund and a $50 credit for tree trimming. I told them I did not want them back to my home but rather give me a credit. Not to be trusted and expect the manager's to justify ripping you off and making up excuses why they couldn't finish the emergency/hazard the first day!! I noticed they are trying to cover up their tracks!!

I agree with Tracey that our customer service was not up to our usual standards due to the sheer volume of business from the storm. This was the single largest tree related storm incident in the city since we started business in 1983 and led to a massive amount of damage. I apologize for the lack of attention to her concerns but we did attempt to resolve although unable to do so expediently. I truly believe we are customer service focused company and have tried to resolve the dispute.

The original request was for the work that they did on the first date, the tree however was assessed as requiring removal. Unfortunately in emergency situations we are going into a job blind and sometimes require higher skill levels or time. In this case there was need to return at a later date, due to some communication issues we were delayed until a few days later. We were offering our clients reduced rates for services performed after the hazard service requests subsided, this specific service was a hazard and completed in the thick of the emergency responses.

After review of the client's complaints I had offered them a credit as well as a coupon towards future service, unfortunately this has not satisfied them. I apologize that I am unable to satisfy the complaints to satisfaction, as this was an emergency service we try to communicate as clearly as possible our terms both verbally and on the Work order authorization form.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Darren from Edmonton
Darren from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Tree removal

Arborcare gave us a quote of 4 hours work for removal of two maple trees, one which had fallen over.

The rep gave us a quote of 4 hours work, and explicitly removed travel time from the quote. He told us that once we initiated the work, we would be contacted to arrange a time for the crew to come by, since we have dogs in the yard. The receptionist took our credit card as security, assuring me that no charge would be made without my knowledge or authorization.

The crew arrived unannounced at 8am in the morning, with no call preceding their visit. Fortunately, I was just heading out to work, and was able to let them into the yard to do the work. However, I was very annoyed that we had received no advance notice as promised.

The crew worked quickly, were cordial, and very efficient. They completed the work in less than 2 hours, and left a tidy work area.

We waited nearly a month for an invoice to arrive. When looking at my credit card statement, I noticed a $700 charge for the work. Calculating the minimum visit noted on the quotation, this should have been a maximum charge of $520.

Calls to the office to dispute the charge generally were unsuccessful. After escalating to management, Arborcare offered to remove $100 from the cost, reducing the bill to around $600.

When challenging the additional cost above the minimum visit, we were informed that they were charging us travel time. When we pointed out that this was explicitly removed from the quotation, we were told that the sales representative did not have the right to do this.

We are very dissatisfied with the billing practices of this company.

First, we were charged without having ever seen an invoice for the work completed (it has yet to arrive), after being told explicitly that this would not happen.

Second, it is not our problem that your representative did not have the right to remove a fee. If it is on your quotation, you should honour it, not punish the customer for your representative's mistake.

Good afternoon Darren,
I do apologize that our customer service was not up to par during your job. At ArborCare we are 100% committed to our customer service and ensure job satisfaction. We would love to provide you with preferred service. We will follow up with our Edmonton office regarding what happened and see what we can do to better this service in the future. Customer Service Training is something we pride ourselves in so we will make sure that this err is outlined clearly in our customer service handbook moving forward. We thank you for your time in writing a review and bringing this to our attention; we take all of our clients feedback into full consideration to ensure top notch customer service to all of our clients. Again, we do apologize for your experience.

Tim from Calgary
Tim from Calgary
1 review Chestermere, AB

Tree Pruning

After receiving several quotes I decided to go with Arborcare, work was done well and they left very little mess. Very Pleased with the service, I would hire them again.

Good afternoon Tim, we are so pleased to hear about the job we performed at your property and thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. If you please contact our office and reference this response, we would love to put a $25.00 arborbuck towards any future services that you may have. Again, thank you for choosing ArborCare.

Tom from Okotoks
Tom from Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

Tree Removal

Called Arborcare to remove 9 poplars on my lot. Although it did take a few weeks from the time I approved the work for them to show up it was done very well and safely. Chris was very friendly and informative. Thanks

Good afternoon Tom, we are so pleased to hear about the job we performed at your property and thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. If you please contact our office and reference this response, we would love to put a $25.00 arborbuck towards any future services that you may have. Again, thank you for choosing ArborCare.

More about Arborcare Tree Service Ltd

In 1983 we started with one truck. . . Jim Fisher established Arborcare Tree Service in 1983. Arborcare has grown from one truck to a fleet of fifty-five trucks and specialized equipment, including one of the largest aerial trucks in Western Canada. Arborcare remains at the forefront of the Arboriculture ...
Looking for Tree Service pros in Calgary?