Purewater Total Home Leisure

Reviews for Purewater Total Home Leisure

Donald MUNRO from Ottawa
Donald MUNRO from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Pool Liner replacement and structure repair

We used Purewater for a liner replacement. We were very happy with the experience. Their technicians are store employees NOT some sub trades. Vinny, Rob & Josh took pride in their work, kept us advised of any unforeseen issues . The liner fits better than the original 14 year old one. They returned on the days scheduled to complete the install...as well followed up with cleaning the pool deck and removal of all waste material...All in all a very good experience.

Cindy McGann from DUNROBIN
Cindy McGann from DUNROBIN
2 reviews Nepean, ON

Hottub Service

Our hot tub was not heating properly so I called Purewater to arrange for some on-site help. The woman (Theresa?) who answered the phone was extremely helpful and professional in diagnosing the problem and "Genesis" (the service technician who actually serviced the hot tub the next day) was simply amazing. He took time to explain why the problem had occurred and what needed to be done to repair it. I learned so much about my hot tub -- and the small problem that was causing it to malfunction was quickly repaired! I was especially pleased that Genesis didn't try to upsell me on anything other than the part that was broken - a nice change from other in-home repair experiences that I have had. The price that I ended up paying was less than Purewater originally quoted (because I didn't need a replacement filter). A totally awesome experience!

Tim Armour from Ottawa
Tim Armour from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Pool Service, Hot Tub, Games

Have been dealing with Purewater for over 15 years...exceptional products and service. Have referred many to them and will continue to. Purchased m Hot Tub and Pool Table from them and use them for service on my pool when necessary and for all related supplies.

Jane  Bridlewood
Jane Bridlewood
3 reviews KANATA, ON

Pool heater replaced

Had made several phone calls(to pool companies) to get details on replacing the old pool heater and purchasing a new one. Pure Water was prompt and had all questions answered in very timely manner. Heater in stock and replaced with no delays. They took the old heater away as well. This was a perk that was not offered by the other pool company. Pure Water gets a big thumbs up and I will definitely recommend them.

Chantale in Dunrobin
Chantale in Dunrobin
2 reviews CLAYTON, ON

Hot Tub Purchase

Excellent price, sales and service.
We got a beautiful hot tub. Loved our salesman Seth who is always there to answer any questions we have and they have excellent delivery people who went above and beyond.
Only negative would be to speak to their delivery co-ordinator right away, because they don't order the hot tub until you speak with her. We weren't told this and had to wait an extra month for our tub.

Rod Anderson in Carp
Rod Anderson in Carp
1 review CARP, ON

Service re: 40 amp breaker on hot tub circuit tripping

Original diagnosis by Pure Water (PW) technician was heater tripping breaker. PW ordered and installed new heater. Breaker did not trip immediately post installation of new heater but continued to trip within hours of switching on. Technician returned and after manually switching the breaker off and on several times, he recommended breaker be replaced. Technician did not have an ammeter and could not confirm what was causing the breaker to trip. PW charged me $170 even though technician did not have proper equipment for the diagnosis he made.

I purchased a new Square D 40 Amp, 240V, GFI breaker for the tidy sum of $325 (inl. HST). The breaker was installed. Spa water was topped up. Breaker switched on; overnight the breaker tripped again.

At this point I had not paid the $170. Upon calling PW to describe the situation, and to request a technician with an ammeter, I was told that PW would not send a technician until I paid the outstanding $170 for the previous visit (during which the technician, without an ammeter, made the diagnosis that the breaker was faulty and recommended I replace it.)

So now we're at the juncture where having already provided $470.00 to PW for parts (new heater) and services (diagnosis, installation of new heater), the problem persists, yet PW will not return unless I pay for their most recent misdiagnosis of a faulty breaker.

Not exactly the level of commitment to quality and customer satisfaction that I had expected.

UPDATE: Competitive company diagnosed the problem to be a blower; repair was made and spa working fine. So the question remains whether the heater was bad in the first place; c'est la vie.

Guy in Gatineau
Guy in Gatineau
2 reviews GATINEAU,

Installed a hot tub

First of all, their prices were different from what they advertised. They advertised a payment plan with no interest even but they boosted our price up, It was not honest advertisement and we had to pay more then what we should've. We didn't get the price that was advertised and we had to pay the interest.

Theresa
Theresa
1 review RUSSELL, ON

Purchased Hot Tub

When I purchased my hot tub last May, the sales person was exceptional. He was very helpful as I knew nothing about hot tubs. I had a problem with the tub a few weeks ago and the technician was out the next day when I reported it. He had to return again the following day to replace the heater. He was very nice and really knew his stuff.
Also, everytime I go into Purewater to purchase chemicals or whatever, the staff are very friendly and nice to deal with.

Tracy in Ottawa
Tracy in Ottawa
1 review Greely, ON

Pool Products and Services

I have had my in-ground salt-water pool for 3 years. I had my water tested and bought my pool supplies at the Purewater location in Manotick. I never had an issue.

Last year, subsequent to their move to Bell's Corners, I began to have MAJOR problems.
I purchased a case of solar fish and a salt-cell from Purewater online. I paid the $500+ and an extra $20 to be able to pick the items up in-store.

It is a 1.5-hour round-trip to the store and my family and I made the trek early on a Saturday morning. We arrived at the store with printouts of our online order.

The store was empty except for 2 employees. We were ignored until we advised we were picking up the 2 items. We were treated as an inconvenience and told there was no record of the sale and that they would not give us our product. We asked them to call the owner, Alex. After an incredibly long wait the issue was resolved and the items were given to us, albeit begrudgingly.

I wrote a long letter of complaint to Alex. He responded that he had not yet dealt with the issue but that he would personally handle our transactions in the future and that we would get a discount on our next purchase.

A few months later, we booked a pool opening for $300+ and asked for a roller to suit our pool size and shape. One was recommended for $349 + tax + $99 installation. Total, $731.45. I told the serviceperson, Theresa, that Alex had promised us a discount and said I would email him.

I emailed Alex and said I was pleased with the service I had been receiving from Theresa and would he please give me a quote for the new roller, etc.

Alex did not even have the common decency to email me back; rather, I got another email from Theresa with an invoice for the roller at exactly the same price as she originally quoted.

2 days ago the Purewater technicians came to our house at 1130, opened the pool, then said they had to leave for an hour. 5 hours later, they returned and installed the roller and blanket, then left.

My husband and I went out to inspect the work to find that the deck had not been cleaned (this was part of the package), the pipes were leaking and the Feherguard roller is unacceptable and inappropriate for our pool; frankly it appears as though it is about to break. The white plastic ends are collapsing and the tube is sagging significantly in the middle. My husband and I tried to roll the cover in either direction and it would not roll either way. .

We called Purewater and were told by Seth in sales that the service department was closed and to call back tomorrow. I started to ask him about the pool roller we had installed and he said, "If Theresa sold it to you, talk to her". I asked if he would have recommended the Feherguard and he said no, he would have recommended the Rocky Roller.

My husband sent a nice email to Alex, the owner, asking him to call us to resolve the issue. Instead of a call, we got a curt and rude email saying “You ask me to arrange a service, I did so immediately.” Moreover, he proceeded to say my family and I should no longer shop there.

Fortunately, competition is great and there are many wonderful pool companies in Ottawa that deserve and want our business. I will go to them from now on.

We are and remain the highest scoring pool / spa company in Ottawa according to the BBB. It saddens me that we disappoint ANY customer, however, some folks simply cannot be satisfied. Having the audacity to email rather than call is a character flaw I can live with.

More about Purewater Total Home Leisure

Home leisure and recreation products; hot tubs, billiard tables, swimming pool supplies, and service / repair.
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Ottawa?