Arctic Spas

Reviews for Arctic Spas

Brian in Burlington
Brian in Burlington
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Do not buy an Arctic spa

Do NOT buy an Arctic spa! While I had high hopes for this spa it has turned out to be one repair after another. I bought a Tundra spa in 2013 from Arctic Spas Burlington Ontario.
Day one – One of the air injection port adjusting knobs did not work properly ( Warranty )
Month one – Due to defective computer motherboards the board shorted badly enough to see scorch marks. ( Warranty $600 )
First year – I had to buy a new Onzen cell. ( was told it was not covered under warranty $100 )
First 5 years 2 heaters ( Warranty at $300 each heater )
Pump number 1 ( Warranty $500)
Flow meter ( warranty )

With the hot tub still under warranty I noticed the cushions were starting to fall apart. I attempted to see if I could get replacement ones. Although I under stand there would not be a warranty due to certain circumstances the polite young lady said it may be covered under warrant and to bring them in. When I did bring them in she said she didn’t think they are covered but couldn’t give me a reason that made sense. And when I asked for further clarification she went over to a group of people sitting down on some patio furniture. A gentleman sitting down couldn’t even be bothered to come to talk to me to explain further and continued to sit at his table of co-workers. Great customer service.
So in taking to Facebook, I was then contacted by a person at Artic spas stating that they were not covered under warranty due to chemical imbalance (I’m meticulous with my balances) but that they had a manager account and would send me replacement cushions. I received nothing.
Shortly after I wanted to replace my water. The Spas have a drain plug under the tub. For the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to open this valve. I tried contacting multiple people to ask how this is done. Not one person could tell me. Although that wouldn’t matter as the way they had the drain hose installed it would not have gravity drained as the hose exited the hot tub looped up a foot then dropped back down to the drain valve. This poor manufacturing would leave a foot of water in the hot tub. I was instructed to use a shop vac to drain the remainder.
Well when you pay close to $10 000 for a hot tub you expect it to be made properly to begin with and not have to use a shop vac to drain the rest of the water

This month I proceeded to drain my water and replace with fresh as I do every 6 to 9 months. I turned the breaker off, let it sit a day then drain.
When I switched the breaker back on the topside control panel would not work and the water would not heat.
Being as frustrated as we were my wife went to the Arctic Spa Facebook page to express our frustration.
She was asked not to put this on social media as the current economy is poor. And that they would contact the local dealer to resolve our issue.
A few days later a repair person showed up. I must say he was a nice, friendly and professional. He informed me that the topside control panel ($300), the motherboard ($600) and possibly the heater (300) needs replacing. Keep in mind that all this was working fine until I replaced the water. You should be able to turn off your breaker and turn it back on without having to spend money replacing part. Needless to say I was informed by the repair person that I would be the one responsible for the cost of new parts and labour. We tried to contact the person that my wife had a conversation with on Facebook to inform them that the issue was not resolved. There was no response.
While I get that its not covered under warranty anymore, the amount of repairs that had to be done to this spa year after year is unacceptable.

Phillip Bradshaw in Edmonton
Phillip Bradshaw in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Great service thanks Artci Spas Edmonton!

I am a HVAC fitter by trade and handle alot of installs across Alberta and finally decided it was time to treat myself to a hot tub. After shopping around I found that Arctic Spas had the best prices and after sales service. They came out and measured everything and advised me the best placement. We had an issue with the power supply initially but that was cleared up quickly on the day. Really superb and polite service from the Edmonton crew.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER THEY SELL YOU THE TUB

The Arctic Spa hot tub is ok, I have owned mine for many years now. I have had to have them come do repairs on it, and each time the service department is terrible!
I would not recommend buying an Arctic Spa unless you like arguing with their service department. They don't have enough repair people, so in -30C weather you WILL wait over a week to have them come out (hope you little space heater lasts the whole time so your tub doesn't freeze). And now they want your credit card number before you even see a service person come out to your house! What is that! Provide the service, then you bill the customer. It's not like we haven't spent thousands of dollars with you already when we bought the hot tub!
Stay away from them is my suggestion.

Nicole  in
Nicole in
0 reviews Limoges, ON

Arctic Spa - Spa Boy - Horrible customer service

We bought a Yukon Arctic spa hot tub in 2016 with Spa Boy. I must say, retailer in Ottawa and service folks in Manotick are exceptional but do no try and get service from head office in Edmonton. They will scream at you and berate you. Spa Boy never worked so staff at retailer suggested we forgo it and the salt water system and just use Spa Marvel. When something broke this year, they told us it would cost $1000 to get it fixed but a few days later they upgraded the Spa Boy system and everything worked. Service personnel admitted that they had « bugs » with Spa Boy but now they offer a 5 year warranty instead of the 2 years we had. The tub is great but head Of

Arctic Swim Spa — worst purchase ever

We purchased an Arctic Swim Spa with Spa Boy in 2016. Within the first year we had to replace the electronic board, pressure switch, generating electrode, fixed the leak at pump #3 and added salt water balance (SWB) every other day. Draining and filling the pool is a nightmare. This week we have added 56 caps SWB, 38 caps Perfect Balance, 2 caps Boost AND our PH is still too high. Four different people at Arctic Spa have been able to help us.

ClaytonT in Ardrossan
ClaytonT in Ardrossan
1 review Ardrossan, AB

Worst product I’ve ever owned

I’ll start with the installation. I needed a crane to lift it in. They recommended Adam Crane. I called them for a quote and was told they would get back to me. Six weeks later the tub is ready and still no word. I called them again and they told me “Sorry, we can’t do the work at your place.” This left me scrambling to find someone to lift it in at the last minute. Not Arctic Spas directly but the third party which they recommended.
Okay, so I get the tub installed, wired and filled. It leaks and the fountain jets don’t work right. Called for service. After two visits he was unable to fix the problems. I was getting tired of filling the tub every morning so I fixed it myself. He was overtightening the nut on the joint at the heater and there was a piece of plastic in each of the fountain jets left over from manufacturing that I had to cut out with a knife. I decided at that point that I wouldn’t have their service people out to look at it anymore.
A little while later it quit on me. I actually got good service from the service department over the phone and they helped me troubleshoot it down to the pressure switch. I replaced that myself and it worked again.
The next summer I had it turned down to about 80 for the hot weather. We had a storm and the power blinked off. The next day my daughter and her friend were going to go in the tub to cool off. I told them to “Go ahead, it’s nice and cool.” The friend checked the water and said “It’s way too hot for me.” I checked and it was over 140degrees. If that little girl had just jumped in she would have been terribly scalded. This on account of a power blink. I shut it down and called the service department again. This time the help was a little bit questionable. He told me the board would need to be changed and that I could help it cool down by leaving the cover open but not to let direct sunlight actually hit the exposed tub as that would ruin it. They sell these things to be used outside but they can’t be exposed to the sun? I replaced the board and it worked again.

It actually worked good for a couple of years other than the rust which I constantly have to polish off of the stainless steel, then the heater shorted to ground and threw the breaker. I troubleshoot that myself and bought a new heater.

A little while later it quit again and I found a blown fuse on the board. I replaced the fuse and it was okay. I still have no idea why that fuse blew.

Last fall the two speed motor shorted to ground and threw the breaker again. Rather than fix it at the time I drained the tub for the winter. I troubleshot it myself and bought a new motor/pump assembly $560. I installed the motor but it won’t work. The screen shows four dashes. I called the service
department and she told me I need a new board again. Bought the board(another $260) and installed it. No change.

I’m now trying to decide weather to throw more parts at this piece of junk or just load it up and take it straight to the dump.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Arctic Spas 2017 — very bad experience

Spa Boy is crap — 1. does not stay connected to the internet. — after hours of trouble shooting with tech support still no resolution. problems with spa boy not covered by warranty!!! 2. Spa boy automatically generates sanitizer, but this process drives pH way up. You then have to continuously add pH reducer which drives alkalinity below limits. Tech support is useless in helping resolve this design flaw. It is very clear that tech support staff are not trained properly. I WILL NEVER BUY AN ARCTIC SPA AGAIN

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Arctic Spa Service level

We have had the spa for just over a year and it has performed reliably for the most part. However, whenever you phone the company for service either no one answers or you leave a message that no one answers. If you are going to offer a service then at least uphold the promise of answering the phone or returning a phone call to provide a "Service". On a positive note when you go up to the retail outlet the personnel are both helpful and friendly

Private User reviews King City, ON

Arctis Spa

Artic Spa began leaking after 5 years of use. Call the service department out 3 times, could not fix and they told me to go elsewhere. Service dept. was rude

Devon in Kelowna
Devon in Kelowna
1 review Kelowna, BC

Upselling services and not customer service or experience

bought a hot tub, sold all the "bells and whistles", super excited about the purchase. for the following 3 years was not able to get a control on the balancing, etc. based on the fact that i was sold really untested or truly features that were not functional as intended. dealer i bought from transferred owners, new owners wanted to replace my features to make it work (which it actually costed me as well). tub liner was ruined after 5 years based on the garbage. writing a formal complaint to arctic spas corporate office, received not even a reply to apologize. garbage service, garbage features, garbage experience. for the price of a compact car, you think one would back their products as a new purchase, not make you feel like you just got hosed at a used car lot and regret your decision to go there for years after.

More about Arctic Spas

Hot tub super-store, we have a huge showroom full of hot tubs, spas, swim spas, hot tub gazebos, hot tub parts, hot tub covers, saunas, showers, bath tubs, pool tables, and even massage chairs. We are the factory outlet store for Arctic Spas brand hot tubs, made right here in ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Edmonton?