I’ll start with the installation. I needed a crane to lift it in. They recommended Adam Crane. I called them for a quote and was told they would get back to me. Six weeks later the tub is ready and still no word. I called them again and they told me “Sorry, we can’t do the work at your place.” This left me scrambling to find someone to lift it in at the last minute. Not Arctic Spas directly but the third party which they recommended.
Okay, so I get the tub installed, wired and filled. It leaks and the fountain jets don’t work right. Called for service. After two visits he was unable to fix the problems. I was getting tired of filling the tub every morning so I fixed it myself. He was overtightening the nut on the joint at the heater and there was a piece of plastic in each of the fountain jets left over from manufacturing that I had to cut out with a knife. I decided at that point that I wouldn’t have their service people out to look at it anymore.
A little while later it quit on me. I actually got good service from the service department over the phone and they helped me troubleshoot it down to the pressure switch. I replaced that myself and it worked again.
The next summer I had it turned down to about 80 for the hot weather. We had a storm and the power blinked off. The next day my daughter and her friend were going to go in the tub to cool off. I told them to “Go ahead, it’s nice and cool.” The friend checked the water and said “It’s way too hot for me.” I checked and it was over 140degrees. If that little girl had just jumped in she would have been terribly scalded. This on account of a power blink. I shut it down and called the service department again. This time the help was a little bit questionable. He told me the board would need to be changed and that I could help it cool down by leaving the cover open but not to let direct sunlight actually hit the exposed tub as that would ruin it. They sell these things to be used outside but they can’t be exposed to the sun? I replaced the board and it worked again.
It actually worked good for a couple of years other than the rust which I constantly have to polish off of the stainless steel, then the heater shorted to ground and threw the breaker. I troubleshoot that myself and bought a new heater.
A little while later it quit again and I found a blown fuse on the board. I replaced the fuse and it was okay. I still have no idea why that fuse blew.
Last fall the two speed motor shorted to ground and threw the breaker again. Rather than fix it at the time I drained the tub for the winter. I troubleshot it myself and bought a new motor/pump assembly $560. I installed the motor but it won’t work. The screen shows four dashes. I called the service
department and she told me I need a new board again. Bought the board(another $260) and installed it. No change.
I’m now trying to decide weather to throw more parts at this piece of junk or just load it up and take it straight to the dump.