Braun Stairs & Woodworking Inc

Garnet McBride from Bayfield
Garnet McBride from Bayfield
2 reviews Bluewater, ON

stair building and installation

Met this company at the London home show. Very disappointed in stair quality and installation. Stairs looked crooked from any angle..Braun told me that it was my house that wasn't square. I called in a cabinet maker and another stair company to assess the problem. Both proved the stairs were 1 1/2" wracked (out of square) and the wall and landing were square. I called Braun to explain, but they weren't interested in the problem so I let them keep my down payment and we parted ways. We managed to force the stairs close to square using hydraulic jacks and rachet straps. They look much better now but not like they should look if they had been made properly in the first place. I have since found excellent stair builders in the area (that don't go to home shows because they are too busy installing stairs) that not only build great stairs but will stain and finish them as well. Avoid Braun Stairs!!

C-A  from London
C-A from London
12 reviews London, ON

Build New Basement Stairs

Called Braun Stairs to get a quote on replacing our old original basement stairs with new paint-grade stairs. Steve Braun came out and measured, discussing several options and considerations and quoted a reasonable price. We visited their workshop/office and paid a deposit. I was impressed that they did not try to "up-sell" us - they do beautiful work in hardwood with elaborate railings etc - but this was not what we wanted and they respected that. The work was completed and installed within 2 weeks of ordering. We would not hesitate to recommend their work.

Thank you very much for the review. It is always nice to hear how happy people are with their finished projects and our service. It was a pleasure working with you as well. Steve Braun

More about Braun Stairs & Woodworking Inc

Stair and railing build, renovate, design.