163 MacFarlane Road Ottawa ON K2E 6V4

Reviews for Roofmaster Ottawa

Frank in Ottawa
Frank in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Roof repair: Great customer service and work

613-521-0088
1054 Hunt Club Road
Ottawa
K1V8S9

I contacted Roof Master after last Friday's wind storm as I had several missing shingles. I booked a repair appointment (Tues PM or Wed AM). The roof master repair person contacted me to provide an update on when they would be at our house, much appreciated. Mark came on time Wed AM and replaced 8 missing shingles, fixed some popped nails and repaired some caulking. Great customer service and work, Thanks, Frank.

Hi Frank, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. It is greatly appreciated and we're glad your experience went well with Roofmaster!

MP A. in Ottawa
MP A. in Ottawa

Chimney/Roofing

Over the past few weeks we have been trying to resolve a persistent issue with our chimney. We have had several people in who have looked at our situation and given different diagnoses. We needed to know what the problem was.
We subsequently approached Roofmaster who had done our roof a few years ago and their representative spent a great deal of time conducting various tests on the bricks and fascia and we know what needs to be done. The issue was not where other people had thought. Roofmaster’s representative was very pleasant to work with, very detailed in his work and was sympathetic to our plight.
We would like to commend Roofmaster for all the time they took to help us. They would not stop until they had identified the issue. We would recommend Roofmaster to anyone. They are a quality company and have high working standards and excellent customer service. This company lives up to their reputation and to the Consumers Choice Award they win every year!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad the project worked out for you and appreciate the recommendation to others! -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc.

Tasha in Ottawa
Tasha in Ottawa

Rooftop estimate

I had an amazing experience with this company. They showed up on time and did an excellent job. I had received an estimate by Tarek and found his attention to detail and professionalism was outstanding. My entire experience with Roofmaster was positive and hassle free, will definitely be recommending them to all my friends and family.

Hi Tasha, I'm glad your experience went well right from the estimate with Tarek to the final result. We appreciate the recommendations! -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Roof, Soffit, Fascia and Gutters

Assisted Review

Personable, Knowledgeable, Professional.

Overall very satisfied with the service and product.

Our roof looks great! Even the eaves troughs and downspouts are quite attractive. Glad we went with the rain-pro product!

Roofers on site were very professional, courteous and kept the site extremely clean. They definitely exuded pride of work and company.

Extremely happy that we went with Roofmaster for our new home!

Hello, We are glad you enjoyed the experience and our RainPro eavestrough signature product! Thanks for writing a review! -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc

rbrabbs from Ottawa
rbrabbs from Ottawa

Roof Reshingling

Want to congratulate Ernesto and his professional crew for an excellent job on our roof.Very cooperative and friendly.Clean up was meticulous.Would recommend Roofmaster any time.Keep up the good work.

Ron Brabbs

Hi Ron, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Ernesto has been working for us since the late 1990s and we are very proud of his work and his crew. I'm glad everything went well and thank you for the recommendations! Kershan Bulsara

Mary-Sue from Ottawa
Mary-Sue from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

insulation successful -- house not absorbing daytime heat

Assisted Review

RE: O'Reilly Brothers (insulation company) and ROOFMASTER:

Even in this heatwave, the interior temperature of this house is not increasing during the day. Because I do not have A/C -- and I don't even want to run a desktop or pole-mounted electric fan if I can avoid it -- the fact of remaining cooler improves comfort indoors without wasted energy.

In the evening the thermostat now displays the same number (today it was 78F) as I had observed in early morning.

NB: The furnace fan is set NOT to activate (i.e. to bring up cooler air from the basement) unless the temperature goes up over 80F. This is on a thermostat that is programmable but American-made, so the numbers are in 'oldspeak' i.e. not Celsius.

This result bodes well for this insulation being able to prevent heat transfer in the opposite direction during winter. I wanted this insulation badly due to many years of difficulty keeping the upstairs rooms warm, and draftiness during colder months.

Which insulation (the reflective/foam-board put on by Roofmaster, or spray foam applied by O'Reilly) made the most difference is hard to determine and ultimately does not matter much. The important thing is that these two products are working together.

Spray foam went into the crawl space above upstairs ceiling, which is not accessible from indoors and thus best achieved when the shingles were taken off and access facilitated from outside by removing a few boards of the roof decking, which were then put back.

This joint effort by these two companies to cooperate on insulating this house is much appreciated.

Kudos to the foam-spraying man (whose name unfortunately I do not have), as well as to the two 'mountain goats' who placed the foam boards as well as the sheet metal. Foreman Mark Fonseca showed excellent skills and was very responsive to address questions and deal with issues.

One complication that emerged was that this 1950-vintage house isn't really 'square' so the slightly trapezoidal shape of the roof meant having to trim the last metal panel to be applied on a slight diagonal. Mr. Fonseca exercised care to get this straight, and the cut edge crimped down in place.

I also wanted to express appreciation particularly to the Roofmaster estimator Mr. David Garneys, who was unfailingly pleasant and helpful.

He did his utmost to help me choose the most suitable products and also the best colour choice of sheet metal to go with existing siding. He presented a range of insulation options of which I chose the thickest, wanting to get the greatest possible improvement.

Thanks for to all who did their jobs very well. The office personnel of both companies were also helpful and courteous.

Hi Mary-Sue, thanks for taking the time to write this review. There's a lot of positive (and motivational) feedback for us. Thanks again and we look forward to providing you any service you may require in the future. Kershan Bulsara

Chris from Perth
Chris from Perth
1 review Limoges, ON

metal roof

a very challenging and complex roof, everything done as expected and better. Very professional crew, asked permission first if they could work late or on weekends. No shortcuts in any way that I could determine. I will use them for every roofing job going forward.

Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to doing any work for you in the future. Kershan Bulsara

Chris from The Nation
Chris from The Nation
1 review Limoges, ON

Roof reshingling

We we had our roof reshingled by roof master on June 7, 2015. They didn't come with all the parts needed, the crew was completely exhausted and they finished after dark. My wife and I spent 2h helping them clean as we needed them finished that day because our driveway was being paved the next day. We called and asked to speak with the foreman and our call was not returned. On June 28, our roof leaked. One of the roofers came back and put caulking on 2 nail heads. There were at least a dozen other nail heads not caulked after he left that I caulked myself. On July 14 it rained again and harder. This time 4 leaks came with multiple water marks on the ceiling. The foreman returned and blamed it on the chimney flashing which was reused. We checked the quote and it wasn't recommended to change the flashing. After disagreeing on what we should cover of the repair cost, the Foreman finally agreed to make the repairs. The intermediate repair leaked again on Jul17and damaged the ceiling and hardwood. We were told the permanent solution was coming and showed pics of the replacement flashing on Jul 20. 4 phone calls later our roof still hasn't been repaired and its Jul 26 with no commitment when work will be done. I'm very disappointed with the overall service.

Hi Chris, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. As you know, it may have been too quick to write such a review before the final work was completed. We went above and beyond to take care of the problem and fix your bad flashing at no charge. I would kindly ask that you change the rating you provided us based on the final finished product. Thank You, -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc

Peter from Ottawa
Peter from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I had a poor experience with Roofmasters. I found that most of the team were inattentive and difficult to motivate. I finally recieved some reasonable customer service when I became fed up and asked to speak with the owner.
The workmanship on shingles and gables seems very good. The workmanship on flashings around the chimney and Hydro service pole is barely better than the average homeowner could do themselves.
I am sorry that I wasted my time speaking with the foreman, and before him the salesman, as I did not feel that they were very committed to ensuring that the job was done well and in a reasonable amount of time.
I would recommend them, with the caveat that as the homeowner, you watch the work being done very carefully, and insist on speaking to the owner the instant you become uncomfortable with what you see.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry you had to wait a while for the foreman to come back to finish up the flashing on the hydro pole. I wish it was brought to my attention sooner. We appreciate your response and will look to keep a close eye on this particular crew in the future. All the best and we appreciate your business. Kershan Bulsara, Roofmaster

G CADI from Ottawa
G CADI from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

roofing

Can't say enough about the professionalism. they were on time, polite, helpful and efficient. And they cleaned up afterwards. Work was very well done . Top notch. Somewhat pricey but worth it.

Hi Guy, thanks for your kind review. I'm glad you were pleased with the professional service you received. Let us know if we can be of assistance in the future. Thanks again, Kershan Bulsara, Roofmaster.

More about Roofmaster Ottawa

THANK YOU OTTAWA FOR ONCE AGAIN VOTING ROOFMASTER THE ONLY ROOFER IN THE OTTAWA REGION WINNER OF THE CONSUMER CHOICE AWARD FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE.... INCLUDING THE LAST DECADE CONSECUTIVELY!!!

*****

Additionally, we have placed twice as Finalist (runner-up) for the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for marketplace ethics and trust standards in the past few years. This recognition by the community and our customers indicate the company managers and staff really do care about the quality and service of work that Roofmaster provides. We have been in business since 1981 and completed nearly 16,000 roofing and related jobs successfully, earning ourselves an excellent reputation. Although the vast majority of our work is in the residential shingle roofing sector, we also do a number of commercial projects for engineering firms, the City of Ottawa as well as the Provincial and Federal Governments. We specialize in all types of asphalt shingles, custom steel and composite roofing types. Give us a call for FREE estimates on all your projects with written contracts and written warranties.