Roofmaster Ottawa

Philip M.
Philip M.
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

New roof

Complex roof replacement. Excellent salesperson, Dominic, was very knowledgeable and helped us choose the right materials. Work was carried out as promptly as possible during late fall weather. Site was cleaned up well.

Hi Philip, thanks for writing such a glowing review. Glad you were happy with our service. -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc

Shanti in Toronto
Shanti in Toronto

New Roof

I contracted Roof Master to install a NEW ROOF. On the May 28th 2019 the Roof Master's workers worked on my roof. On 31st May the inspector from the company returned with the roofer who did the work. There was a lot of nailing and banging on the roof.

I noticed a large bump at the end of my roof above the front step. I pointed that out to the roofer and he said it was a piece of plastic. I asked him to take that "plastic "off, he climbed on the railing of my yard and pulled off a piece of plastic.

The next day I noticed the huge irregularity was still there. I texted the estimator who told me to phone the office for repair to my NEW ROOF.

The person who answered the phone at the office told me to send a photo. I guess I was supposed to climb on the roof for proof of bad work. After several phone calls to the office the original roofer and inspector returned to my house. The roofer said that there was some rotted wood which he patched. I was not told that there was rotted wood and was not given the option for my roof. The inspector's comment was the roofer is a" young guy" and what would I expect. I told the inspector, I paid for a new roof not some patch work. The inspector told the roofer to put a piece of metal and press it down firmly.

The next day the estimator came and looked at it and made NO comment and left me an email address.

Two day later on July 25th 2019, a different inspector came to my house. Again, I reiterated that is not what I paid for and I want a smooth roof. He said he has been a roofer for 30 years and this was the best solution.

The inspector told me he was going to phone the "owner of the company" I went into my house. By now, I am more than 30 minutes late. About 20 minutes later as I was about to leave my home I saw a man climbing up a ladder to my roof. I asked him several times “who are you?”, he responded “he is the owner and refused to give his name, I said to him." That is not the roof I paid for," he told me to come up the ladder to the roof and he will show me!!

I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN. I did not.

At first he tried to convince me that it was the flashing that was bolted down. I insisted that I lived in the house for several years and there was not flashing there because I can see it from my window every day. I stood my ground saying that was not the flashing.

The OWNER called me UNTELLIGENT, MIS-INFORMED, IGNORANT AND UNREASONABLE. He continued to berate me for over 10 minutes. He said he was doing roofing since he was 5 years old and he was here to EDUCATE ME!

The Owner admitted that the roofer made a mistake and the work he did was the "best solution.

· He wanted me to sign a document saying that he would fix the roof the way I wanted it but I would lose the warranty on the roof.

· He wanted me to get another contractor to look at Roof Master's work because it was the best work, BUT, AT MY EXPENSE

· He wanted to know WHY I chose Roof Master.

· Next, he wanted my husband's opinion because he seems “more reasonable.”

· That is trying to put husband against wife. In the meantime, the roofer was walking along my street to find a house with my type of roof to show me and the work Roof Master did was efficient. He found none and came up with a solution that would fix the" Bad Work" so it's not visible from the street by installing a white piece of metal to block it is visibility form the street and driveway. However, that does not fix the problem

· I can still see it from my window everyday

· The OWNER continued to berate me and only stopped when I said I would write a review. By now I am over 40 minutes late for my work so I drove off.

· Buyer beware If you can't see it that does mean it's well done.

· When I stood my ground, I was totally abused by the owner.

· This is totally unacceptable

Shanti from Ottawa

Shanti, this is a complete fabrication and we hope you do the right thing and remove your review. We have been to your home multiple times, spend hours of time and energy, explained the situation to you over and over. Simply put, you are seeing an existing flashing that was always there since the home was built. We did not replace or touch it. Our contract was to just replace the shingles around it. We cannot be responsible for flashings installed by others that you only happen to notice after the new shingle roof is installed because you are now for the first time looking at your roof. We've given the option to pay for new flashing but you have refused and we will not replace your old flashings for no reason for free. It's unfortunate you do not have the ability to understand this simple situation. We wish no other contractor has to suffer the abuse from you trying to get things for free. The worst type of homeowner to deal with. We have discussed with you with integrity and decency and all you want is work to be done for free.

Andre in Ottawa
Andre in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Excellent asphalt shingle roof replacement

Great experience with Roofmaster! This company is not like other roofers in Ottawa.

They are real tradespeople. They don’t employ subcontractors; their own employees do the work.
These guys are true craftsmen and deserve the same recognition as certified electricians. The job was done perfectly, they don’t cut corners and they cleaned up thoroughly.

Special thanks to Andre Charbonneau, our foreman; genuine master at his craft. He answered all my questions, provided me with solutions to areas with prior damage and inspected everything with a fine tooth comb.
He even provided me with extra 3 feet of ice and rain shield, updated my decorative trim and made most fixes without charging. He went above what was required in the contract for flashing and valleys.

I did my research, got multiple quotes, looked and reddit and google before contacted them.
I was not expecting such attention to detail from a roofing company. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of professionalism.
And shockingly they had a very competitive price for the best product on the market (CertainTeed). Dominic, our estimator worked with us to come to a reasonable price.

They even came to do the job early at my request. Highly recommend.

Hi Andre, Thank You so much for providing us such a super review!

Frank in Ottawa
Frank in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Roof repair: Great customer service and work

I contacted Roof Master after last Friday's wind storm as I had several missing shingles. I booked a repair appointment (Tues PM or Wed AM). The roof master repair person contacted me to provide an update on when they would be at our house, much appreciated. Mark came on time Wed AM and replaced 8 missing shingles, fixed some popped nails and repaired some caulking. Great customer service and work, Thanks, Frank.

Hi Frank, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. It is greatly appreciated and we're glad your experience went well with Roofmaster!

MP A. in Ottawa
MP A. in Ottawa

Chimney/Roofing

Over the past few weeks we have been trying to resolve a persistent issue with our chimney. We have had several people in who have looked at our situation and given different diagnoses. We needed to know what the problem was.
We subsequently approached Roofmaster who had done our roof a few years ago and their representative spent a great deal of time conducting various tests on the bricks and fascia and we know what needs to be done. The issue was not where other people had thought. Roofmaster’s representative was very pleasant to work with, very detailed in his work and was sympathetic to our plight.
We would like to commend Roofmaster for all the time they took to help us. They would not stop until they had identified the issue. We would recommend Roofmaster to anyone. They are a quality company and have high working standards and excellent customer service. This company lives up to their reputation and to the Consumers Choice Award they win every year!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad the project worked out for you and appreciate the recommendation to others! -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc.

Tasha in Ottawa
Tasha in Ottawa

Rooftop estimate

I had an amazing experience with this company. They showed up on time and did an excellent job. I had received an estimate by Tarek and found his attention to detail and professionalism was outstanding. My entire experience with Roofmaster was positive and hassle free, will definitely be recommending them to all my friends and family.

Hi Tasha, I'm glad your experience went well right from the estimate with Tarek to the final result. We appreciate the recommendations! -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Roof, Soffit, Fascia and Gutters

Assisted Review

Personable, Knowledgeable, Professional.

Overall very satisfied with the service and product.

Our roof looks great! Even the eaves troughs and downspouts are quite attractive. Glad we went with the rain-pro product!

Roofers on site were very professional, courteous and kept the site extremely clean. They definitely exuded pride of work and company.

Extremely happy that we went with Roofmaster for our new home!

Hello, We are glad you enjoyed the experience and our RainPro eavestrough signature product! Thanks for writing a review! -Roofmaster Ottawa Inc

rbrabbs from Ottawa
rbrabbs from Ottawa

Roof Reshingling

Want to congratulate Ernesto and his professional crew for an excellent job on our roof.Very cooperative and friendly.Clean up was meticulous.Would recommend Roofmaster any time.Keep up the good work.

Ron Brabbs

Hi Ron, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Ernesto has been working for us since the late 1990s and we are very proud of his work and his crew. I'm glad everything went well and thank you for the recommendations! Kershan Bulsara

Mary-Sue from Ottawa
Mary-Sue from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

insulation successful -- house not absorbing daytime heat

Assisted Review

RE: O'Reilly Brothers (insulation company) and ROOFMASTER:

Even in this heatwave, the interior temperature of this house is not increasing during the day. Because I do not have A/C -- and I don't even want to run a desktop or pole-mounted electric fan if I can avoid it -- the fact of remaining cooler improves comfort indoors without wasted energy.

In the evening the thermostat now displays the same number (today it was 78F) as I had observed in early morning.

NB: The furnace fan is set NOT to activate (i.e. to bring up cooler air from the basement) unless the temperature goes up over 80F. This is on a thermostat that is programmable but American-made, so the numbers are in 'oldspeak' i.e. not Celsius.

This result bodes well for this insulation being able to prevent heat transfer in the opposite direction during winter. I wanted this insulation badly due to many years of difficulty keeping the upstairs rooms warm, and draftiness during colder months.

Which insulation (the reflective/foam-board put on by Roofmaster, or spray foam applied by O'Reilly) made the most difference is hard to determine and ultimately does not matter much. The important thing is that these two products are working together.

Spray foam went into the crawl space above upstairs ceiling, which is not accessible from indoors and thus best achieved when the shingles were taken off and access facilitated from outside by removing a few boards of the roof decking, which were then put back.

This joint effort by these two companies to cooperate on insulating this house is much appreciated.

Kudos to the foam-spraying man (whose name unfortunately I do not have), as well as to the two 'mountain goats' who placed the foam boards as well as the sheet metal. Foreman Mark Fonseca showed excellent skills and was very responsive to address questions and deal with issues.

One complication that emerged was that this 1950-vintage house isn't really 'square' so the slightly trapezoidal shape of the roof meant having to trim the last metal panel to be applied on a slight diagonal. Mr. Fonseca exercised care to get this straight, and the cut edge crimped down in place.

I also wanted to express appreciation particularly to the Roofmaster estimator Mr. David Garneys, who was unfailingly pleasant and helpful.

He did his utmost to help me choose the most suitable products and also the best colour choice of sheet metal to go with existing siding. He presented a range of insulation options of which I chose the thickest, wanting to get the greatest possible improvement.

Thanks for to all who did their jobs very well. The office personnel of both companies were also helpful and courteous.

Hi Mary-Sue, thanks for taking the time to write this review. There's a lot of positive (and motivational) feedback for us. Thanks again and we look forward to providing you any service you may require in the future. Kershan Bulsara

Chris from Perth
Chris from Perth
1 review Limoges, ON

metal roof

a very challenging and complex roof, everything done as expected and better. Very professional crew, asked permission first if they could work late or on weekends. No shortcuts in any way that I could determine. I will use them for every roofing job going forward.

Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to doing any work for you in the future. Kershan Bulsara

More about Roofmaster Ottawa

THANK YOU OTTAWA FOR ONCE AGAIN VOTING ROOFMASTER THE ONLY ROOFER IN THE OTTAWA REGION WINNER OF THE CONSUMER CHOICE AWARD FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE.... INCLUDING THE LAST DECADE CONSECUTIVELY!!!

*****

Additionally, we have placed twice as Finalist (runner-up) for the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for marketplace ethics and trust standards in the past few years. This recognition by the community and our customers indicate the company managers and staff really do care about the quality and service of work that Roofmaster provides. We have been in business since 1981 and completed nearly 16,000 roofing and related jobs successfully, earning ourselves an excellent reputation. Although the vast majority of our work is in the residential shingle roofing sector, we also do a number of commercial projects for engineering firms, the City of Ottawa as well as the Provincial and Federal Governments. We specialize in all types of asphalt shingles, custom steel and composite roofing types. Give us a call for FREE estimates on all your projects with written contracts and written warranties.