I contracted Roof Master to install a NEW ROOF. On the May 28th 2019 the Roof Master's workers worked on my roof. On 31st May the inspector from the company returned with the roofer who did the work. There was a lot of nailing and banging on the roof.
I noticed a large bump at the end of my roof above the front step. I pointed that out to the roofer and he said it was a piece of plastic. I asked him to take that "plastic "off, he climbed on the railing of my yard and pulled off a piece of plastic.
The next day I noticed the huge irregularity was still there. I texted the estimator who told me to phone the office for repair to my NEW ROOF.
The person who answered the phone at the office told me to send a photo. I guess I was supposed to climb on the roof for proof of bad work. After several phone calls to the office the original roofer and inspector returned to my house. The roofer said that there was some rotted wood which he patched. I was not told that there was rotted wood and was not given the option for my roof. The inspector's comment was the roofer is a" young guy" and what would I expect. I told the inspector, I paid for a new roof not some patch work. The inspector told the roofer to put a piece of metal and press it down firmly.
The next day the estimator came and looked at it and made NO comment and left me an email address.
Two day later on July 25th 2019, a different inspector came to my house. Again, I reiterated that is not what I paid for and I want a smooth roof. He said he has been a roofer for 30 years and this was the best solution.
The inspector told me he was going to phone the "owner of the company" I went into my house. By now, I am more than 30 minutes late. About 20 minutes later as I was about to leave my home I saw a man climbing up a ladder to my roof. I asked him several times “who are you?”, he responded “he is the owner and refused to give his name, I said to him." That is not the roof I paid for," he told me to come up the ladder to the roof and he will show me!!
I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN. I did not.
At first he tried to convince me that it was the flashing that was bolted down. I insisted that I lived in the house for several years and there was not flashing there because I can see it from my window every day. I stood my ground saying that was not the flashing.
The OWNER called me UNTELLIGENT, MIS-INFORMED, IGNORANT AND UNREASONABLE. He continued to berate me for over 10 minutes. He said he was doing roofing since he was 5 years old and he was here to EDUCATE ME!
The Owner admitted that the roofer made a mistake and the work he did was the "best solution.
· He wanted me to sign a document saying that he would fix the roof the way I wanted it but I would lose the warranty on the roof.
· He wanted me to get another contractor to look at Roof Master's work because it was the best work, BUT, AT MY EXPENSE
· He wanted to know WHY I chose Roof Master.
· Next, he wanted my husband's opinion because he seems “more reasonable.”
· That is trying to put husband against wife. In the meantime, the roofer was walking along my street to find a house with my type of roof to show me and the work Roof Master did was efficient. He found none and came up with a solution that would fix the" Bad Work" so it's not visible from the street by installing a white piece of metal to block it is visibility form the street and driveway. However, that does not fix the problem
· I can still see it from my window everyday
· The OWNER continued to berate me and only stopped when I said I would write a review. By now I am over 40 minutes late for my work so I drove off.
· Buyer beware If you can't see it that does mean it's well done.
· When I stood my ground, I was totally abused by the owner.
· This is totally unacceptable
Shanti from Ottawa