Waterloo Biofilter Systems Inc

Mark in Cambridge
Mark in Cambridge
1 review Huntsville, ON

Expansion

A great company to work with. We were able to upgrade our septic system to a Waterloo Biofilter which allowed us to put an addition on our house. Very happy with the product and service so far.

Private User reviews Jarvis, ON

Terrible

This system was installed prior to us purchasing our house. We didn’t choose it. Unfortunately it came with an expensive yearly maintenance contact. The company came out to do our maintenance when we weren’t home. Nothing was scheduled, and we aren’t sure if they even did anything. Every Spring our alarm seems to go off around the clock all hours of the night. It took forever for them to send someone to look at it. After poor service we got fed up and canceled our contact. Then again this spring our alarm is going off around the clock again, and they refused to give us the code to shut it off for our own $40,000 septic system. I have a new baby at home and this is not okay. I would highly recommend staying far away from this system.

Kamran in Toronto
Kamran in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Waterloo Biofilter septic system pump issue

I installed a Waterloo biofilter septic system at my new constructed property by an authorized installer in 2016 and moved in and started using it in 2017. Installation cost me almost $50K plus annual maintenance. Recently the pump broke down and it cost me $1500 just for new pump plus installation as installer said it doesn't get covered by warranty. Contacted Waterloo customer service, apparently the warranty of the pump by their supplier was only for two years from the date of installation regardless of when the system started to be used but they stood behind their product and covered the cost of the pump. It is great that a company stands behind their products and customer like that.

John in Angus
John in Angus
0 reviews North Lancaster, ON

Waterloo septic system

I had this system installed in 2012. It only has a 3 year warranty. In Ontario we have to have it inspected every year. There is nobody around here (North Lancaster) that will inspect it. I had to have somebody come from Mountain Ontario. It cost me $339 for about 20 min of work. The spray manifold in the shed collapsed I had to repair it myself since there is no service in the area here. There is no after service what so ever for a system that cost me $25000

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Annual fee for poor communication / notifications

We have had a waterloo biofilter septic system for almost 2 years now. We have had 2 separate instances where the system would generate an alarm. The alarm is supposed to be monitored remotely, however they are not proactive at all with their monitoring.

We pay approximately $500 per year for their monitoring service. They do not proactively let you know an alarm is going off. In our most recent instance, we were on vacation and had our neighbour notify us the alarm was going off for the afternoon. We had to call the company and leave them a voicemail before they even reached out to us. They then told us they were remotely working on it. That is great, but why can't clients be notified proactively.

Hello and thank you for the feedback. We are continually striving to improve our processes and the services that we provide.

As you know we have made some recent changes on your account and hope that this has satisfied your concerns moving forward. Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 1-866-366-4329 should you have any further questions regarding the services that we offer.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Perfect system for our needs

We live on a remote island in BC and when this system was recommended to me by a local contractor out of Nanaimo I was a bit hesitant as they are based in Ontario. However, we have had the system for over a year now and we have absolutely no issues and love the way it blends in with the natural environment. We still don't know much about it but what is there to know! We had a service guy out last week to check the septic tank and he said he was pretty impressed by how simple the system is and the lack of maintenance required compared to other systems around BC. I would highly recommend this system and Drain Doctors

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that the Waterloo Biofilter system was able to meet your needs.

Chris Carlson in Georgetown
Chris Carlson in Georgetown
4 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Very happy we purchased this

We upgraded our old septic system to a Waterloo when we put an addition on our house. A neighbour recommended it and we liked that you never have to worry about replacing the filter media. We're happy with the way its hidden in our landscaping and have had no issues whatsoever with it. We're careful not to put chemicals down the drains and have not experienced any odour issues. Would recommend!

Thank you for your review!

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

septic system

I have had my Biofilter for almost 20 years
I have had a few issues over the 20 years as can be expected with any system- things do break.
What’s important is how well the company supports the product when it fails and in the case of Biofilter the after sales service is outstanding- even over he phone. Btw- Glenn is a rockstar.
I would recommend this company.

Thank you for your review!! We're happy to hear that your system continues to perform well for you after almost 20 years. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Private User reviews Kingston, ON

Less than impressed

We have had this system for about 7 years and have had various issues. As others have mentioned, we have experienced a sewage smell intermittently. We have recently had to have the entire system re-wired at a significant cost because the original design created points in the wiring that were prone to wear and eventually it shorted out. We were told when that work was done to expect to have to replace the pump sometime soon, as they typically only last about 7 years. This is all to say that there are a lot of moving parts in this system that are not part of a typical septic system, so be prepared for the cost of repairs in addition to the annual maintenance fees of about $300/year.
My biggest concern is the lack of local service available to support these systems when the fail. There are lots of contractors who are willing to install the system, but few that are willing to do the ongoing maintenance. This has meant that we have a service contract with a company that is hours away from us. So when something goes wrong, there isn't anyone available to come onsite immediately and I assume that the cost of that travel is incorporated into the fees we pay.
At the end of the day we feel like we have paid for a premium product that is somewhat lacking in design and the company has not sufficiently invested in the service infrastructure needed to support it.

Thank you for your review! If there is anyway we can be of service in addressing your issues or helping you locate a service provider in your area, please contact us at 1-866-366-4329

Diane in Rockwood
Diane in Rockwood
1 review Guelph, ON

Septic system installation

My septic system went at the cottage and I needed a new one. Due to the new environmental rules I couldn't get just an old septic tank installed I had to get one that was more bio-friendly. This company was recommended to me and I've been nothing but happy with them. Their product is superior to my old system it's maintenance-free other than having a yearly inspection to make sure everything is running right. I don't need to put anything into it to keep the bacteria up. I just use it like a normal septic system. And it takes up much less land then my old one. I'm the second person on my street to get this and I would recommend it to all my neighbors.

Thank you for your review, Diane! I am glad that our system met the nutrient requirements for your cottage lot!

Looking for Septic Tank Cleaning, Repair & Installation pros in Guelph?