Waterloo Biofilter Systems Inc

Septic Tank Cleaning, Repair & Installation
143 Dennis Street RR 1 Rockwood ON

Reviews for Waterloo Biofilter Systems Inc

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

Perfect system for our needs

We live on a remote island in BC and when this system was recommended to me by a local contractor out of Nanaimo I was a bit hesitant as they are based in Ontario. However, we have had the system for over a year now and we have absolutely no issues and love the way it blends in with the natural environment. We still don't know much about it but what is there to know! We had a service guy out last week to check the septic tank and he said he was pretty impressed by how simple the system is and the lack of maintenance required compared to other systems around BC. I would highly recommend this system and Drain Doctors

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that the Waterloo Biofilter system was able to meet your needs.

Chris Carlson in Georgetown
Chris Carlson in Georgetown
4 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Very happy we purchased this

We upgraded our old septic system to a Waterloo when we put an addition on our house. A neighbour recommended it and we liked that you never have to worry about replacing the filter media. We're happy with the way its hidden in our landscaping and have had no issues whatsoever with it. We're careful not to put chemicals down the drains and have not experienced any odour issues. Would recommend!

Thank you for your review!

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

septic system

I have had my Biofilter for almost 20 years
I have had a few issues over the 20 years as can be expected with any system- things do break.
What’s important is how well the company supports the product when it fails and in the case of Biofilter the after sales service is outstanding- even over he phone. Btw- Glenn is a rockstar.
I would recommend this company.

Thank you for your review!! We're happy to hear that your system continues to perform well for you after almost 20 years. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Private User reviews Kingston, ON

Less than impressed

We have had this system for about 7 years and have had various issues. As others have mentioned, we have experienced a sewage smell intermittently. We have recently had to have the entire system re-wired at a significant cost because the original design created points in the wiring that were prone to wear and eventually it shorted out. We were told when that work was done to expect to have to replace the pump sometime soon, as they typically only last about 7 years. This is all to say that there are a lot of moving parts in this system that are not part of a typical septic system, so be prepared for the cost of repairs in addition to the annual maintenance fees of about $300/year.
My biggest concern is the lack of local service available to support these systems when the fail. There are lots of contractors who are willing to install the system, but few that are willing to do the ongoing maintenance. This has meant that we have a service contract with a company that is hours away from us. So when something goes wrong, there isn't anyone available to come onsite immediately and I assume that the cost of that travel is incorporated into the fees we pay.
At the end of the day we feel like we have paid for a premium product that is somewhat lacking in design and the company has not sufficiently invested in the service infrastructure needed to support it.

Thank you for your review! If there is anyway we can be of service in addressing your issues or helping you locate a service provider in your area, please contact us at 1-866-366-4329

Diane in Rockwood
Diane in Rockwood
1 review Guelph, ON

Septic system installation

My septic system went at the cottage and I needed a new one. Due to the new environmental rules I couldn't get just an old septic tank installed I had to get one that was more bio-friendly. This company was recommended to me and I've been nothing but happy with them. Their product is superior to my old system it's maintenance-free other than having a yearly inspection to make sure everything is running right. I don't need to put anything into it to keep the bacteria up. I just use it like a normal septic system. And it takes up much less land then my old one. I'm the second person on my street to get this and I would recommend it to all my neighbors.

Thank you for your review, Diane! I am glad that our system met the nutrient requirements for your cottage lot!

Private User reviews Orillia, ON

Septic system

This system was installed in March of 2015.
We have had nothing problems since....smell, alarm go off daily, and internal water in the tank running constantly.
The installer has listened to our contemplates and has tried to work on the issues.
Had a Rep from Waterloo come and inspect....It was for not ..... he pointed everything on us ( not proper use ). The system sucks and I would highly recommend another system.

It was recently brought to our attention the concerns you are having with your septic system. As an Advanced Onsite Wastewater Treatment manufacturer for over 20 years and thousands of our treatment systems installed over those years, we take pride in the systems that we produce. We would like to work with you to make sure your Waterloo Biofilter treatment unit is functioning properly and meeting your expectations. I apologize if our field team has been unable to find the source of your odour problems.

I would ask if you would please call our office at 1 866-366-4329 so we can continue to work with you to try and resolve the odour issues you are having with your system.

ShaneenZzee in Arkona
ShaneenZzee in Arkona
1 review Arkona, ON

System works great, staff is helpful

I have had my Waterloo for 3 years now. We have a property by the river (GRCA) which posed some difficulty. Waterloo staff helped me understand some of the setbacks and rules. I saw the above reviews about odours, but I haven't had any.

Thanks for your review! Glad we were able to fit something on your lot. If you are interested, please feel free to leave us a Google review as well!

Vicky M in Ottawa
Vicky M in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Had problems with the smell, company was quick to follow up and fix it.

We had this system installed in 2016. We have a half acre lot we could smell it from the other end of the lot every time the pump ran. Posted a negative review and the company followed up with us immediately. Came out to change/check filters and added some extra ones for good measure. Was also very proactive and followed up with us. We love the system now and were very pleased with the level of service.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello Vicky, I am glad we were able to work together to find a solution to your problem and thank you so much for the positive review! If you have any questions or concerns moving forward, please do not hesitate to contact us! Have a great day!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

septic tank

when septic goes off the smell is something,, neighbors are 200 ft away and they are complaining,, the tanks are in front of my house and In the summer cant open any windows,, every 5 years must change the sponges ,, I called and its around 1500 dollars to replace,, if I only knew better I would have found another system

It was recently brought to our attention the concerns you are having with your septic system. As an Advanced Onsite Wastewater Treatment manufacturer for over 20 years and thousands of our treatment systems installed over those years, we take pride in the systems that we produce. We would like to work with you to make sure your Waterloo Biofilter treatment unit is functioning properly and meeting your expectations. The foam sponges in our system have a 20-year Manufacturer’s Warranty and would only need to be completely replaced under the rarest of circumstances.

I would ask if you would please call our office at 1 866-366-4329 so we can work with you to try and resolve the odour issues you are having with your system and we can provide more information about our warranty program.

Looking for Septic Tank Cleaning, Repair & Installation pros in Guelph?