Moving & Storage
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Ajax  >  Rockbrune Brothers Ltd

Reviews for Rockbrune Brothers Ltd

1 review Peterborough, ON

moving

Please beware !!! This was the worst mover I have ever experienced .. They were one hour late arriving and still charged me. The worst was the damaged mirrors and my missing items. They seemed to have got lost going to my new home as it took 2 hours to arrive after leaving for my new location. This seemed very strange as it took us 45 minutes. The owner is uncooperative when you complain.

Ann Oyed in Ajax
Ann Oyed in Ajax
1 review Minesing, ON

house move

L0M 1T0

Worst Worst Worst move ever, asked the crew on move out 'How come the estimate was for 6 hours labour and it took 12? Crew "John always under estimates, it always takes double. " then laughed.

On move in start 9am - Crew "We worked until midnight last night and boy am I beat." It showed as many pieces of my furniture were dropped as they removed them from the truck to the house. I also had a picture smashed.

All were noted on the delivery docket. Contacted Rockbrune many times by phone and email with no response. After 2 months finally got an adjuster to come out. I received a cheque from Rockbrune for $250. And refused to compensate me for the broken limited addition print damage. Could only get some of my damaged furniture repaired. So Beware

John Edward from Barrie
John Edward from Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Moving and Storage

L0M 1T0

Thanks for the great service Rockbrune Brothers.
Your crew was awesome, they were very professional and courteous throughout the day.
Please extend our gratitude again to the moving team.
best regards,
John Edward

Oresto Rossi from Baysville
Oresto Rossi from Baysville
1 review Baysville, ON

moving

L0M 1T0

Rockbrune Brothers Moving *YOU ROCK*. You are the best company I have ever dealt with, and I am sure I will see you again soon. Move was accomplished successfully. Thanks.

Grant from Innisfil
Grant from Innisfil
1 review Innisfil, ON

Movers

NEVER EVER USE ROCKBRUNE BROTHERS MOVING COMPANY! I moved with Rockbrune in August of this year. We had some challenges with the company that are still very unresolved. With numerous calls and un returned messages I have decided to write a review...

Here are the problems we had:

1. Dropped 3 boxes and broke items that were never fixed.
2. Dropped our mini grand Piano down a flight of stairs, broke the drywall in 10 places on our BRAND NEW HOME. (Never fixed)
3. Damaged the piano. Recently fixed on our tab.
4. TOOK our moving dolly that we leant to the movers because they were short!!?? What movers don't come prepared to move, then TAKE a piece of equipment leant to them to help! Disgusting!!! (It gets way worse)
5. Here is the worst part... We opened our Christmas decorations today to get set up this year and noticed we are missing an ENTIRE box. In this box was most of our tree decorations, THE STAR for the top of our tree that my daughter is VERY upset is missing :( It gets worse, our family has been diligent in recording videos of special events. (Daughters first birthdays, OUR WEDDING, special family trips... Those videos were in the box that was taken from us...

The reason this box would have been taken is due to the special christmas "Lazer Lighting" that was in the box. Worth $500... I know thats why this was the chosen box to take. Why do I know it was taken? You took our Dolly and admitted it, We have had this Christmas box for 10 years, why this year would it be gone? It's with the dolly!

We did not notice this box was gone the day of the move because it was with all the Christmas stuff tucked in a corner not to mention the stress of the piano being dropped down the stairs, the rude demeanour of the movers caused us to simply sign the documents, pay them to leave. It is only now we have realized we are missing some treasured family memories. As I write this my daughter is crying about the missing star and my wife about the wedding video!

Mike in Stittsville
Mike in Stittsville
12 reviews Ottawa, ON

Move to Ottawa

Rockbrune moved my home from Toronto to Ottawa recently. Rockbrune was recommended to me by another mover, who told me to speak to "Wally" at Rockbrune and ONLY Wally.

Well, Wally was great. He came in and gave me an estimate, and explained everything. Very personable... until you leave your deposit.

After I did my deposit, I didn't hear from Rockbrune again until I called them 4 days before the move. That's when they told me they didn't have the 43' truck I was promised. In fact, I spoke to Bill Rockbrune himself, and he was rude and crusty... not caring in the least that my truck was going to be too small. He even said to me "I've got bigger problems right now." to which I felt like saying "You do know I'm your customer, right?" but I bit my tongue.

Lucky for me, after Wally quoted me 10,000 lbs as an estimate I purged just tons of stuff... including a full dining room set. AFTER a massive purge, I came in at 10,080 lbs and we had about 6 inches to spare on the 32' truck they sent.

I found out later that Wally is known to under-estimate... so be aware if you are getting a quote.

I will say that their guys were great. They worked hard and fast and didn't break a single thing. They were polite and respectful of our property. No complaints there at all...

At the end of the day, if I had to do it over, I would have chosen another company, but it also could have been worse. Given that our stuff made it and that the nothing got broken, I guess it's a win.

jim from Whitby
jim from Whitby
3 reviews , ON

Recent Move

Awesome job from beginning to end! Honest, on time, hard working, great customer service and a fair price. We couldn't be happier with the professionalism of John, Inga and the moving crew. We would highly recommend this company and would definitely use them again.