Sleep-Ezzz Mattress Express

Sleep-Ezzz Mattress Express
519-894-9259
2959 King E
Kitchener

I purchased a mattress for my son and his wife as a wedding gift and was VERY careful to ensure that it could be returned for a different firmness should they wish it. I was assured that this could be done, but for good measure, I obtained in writing the promise that this would be possible.
However, when the time came, they explained that another $400 would be owing. They were quick to point out that they were, in fact, allowing a return... but they didn't say that it wouldn't be at an extra charge. Dan , the sales manager at the King St. store was unwilling to help - said his hands were tied - and told me to contact Steve at the Courtland St. store.

When I visited Steve at that location, he rudely told me there was nothing to be done - it was pay the $400 extra or keep the mattress we had. When I very politely asked him about integrity and concern over customer satisfaction, he actually admitted that he couldn't care less about either and then adamantly ASKED ME TO LEAVE THE STORE!!!

I'm completely dissatisfied with this company and tell EVERYONE I know about its shoddy business practices. In short, STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE AT ALL COSTS!

1 review Kitchener, ON

Coolmax comfort mattress

Purchased a mattress and within months the foam layers started shifting. Of course we had been promised a guarantee on the product and thought no big deal we must have gotten a faulty one. We contacted sleep-ezzz but have barely been able to get a word out of the manager. We even went into the store! He keeps saying he has to wait till the manufacturer contacts him! Extremely disappointed he hasn't replaced our mattress as it has been months since we sent photos of the issues. What a waste of money...we feel like we got tricked.

SE in
SE in
1 review Waterloo, ON

WORST COMPANY EVER - STAY AWAY

I can't say enough bad things about this company - do yourself a favour and stay FAR AWAY. As all the other reviewers online have said - they will do anything for the sale - and then totally screw you after that. We had our salesman even write on the receipt "can exchange in under 3 weeks"
After 1 week - we asked to exchange for a slightly less firm mattress - and was told we would to pay an additional $400 because it wasn't in stock? And again, as other customers stated - we were kicked out of the store by the owner who was completely disrespectful to my elderly mother. Absolutely unbelievable how this place is still in business

anthony in Miramichi
anthony in Miramichi
1 review Black River Bridge, NB

Delivered wrong bed. Abusive delivery man

Delivered wrong mattress. Said we were mistaken. Repented when confronted with photos of mattress tags shwon different bed, floor model. Delivered new bed. One Delivery guy said there was a stain. Other guy said no. Either way not the bed we bought. Delivery guy started arguing they wouldn't take it back. Was told to leave house. Refused. Laughed at me when I said I would call cops. Called store manager to complain about delivery guy. He said hes a good guy and there's two sides to every story. No apology. DO NOT BUY AT THIS WATERLOO STORE.

I cant sit back after reading this review without responding.
The right mattress was delivered but it was last years model as the manufacturer were changing models with slight variations for 2016 and did not match the floor model. We acknowledged the mistake and agreed to replace the mattress.
Part of our drivers job is to check any mattress we pick up for stain etc.
The delivery guy saw what he thought was stain and simply said he needed to call his boss
before removing the mattress.
With that, the customer became enraged threatening our delivery
driver and telling him to get out of his house or he would call the cops. Our driver laughed thinking the customer was joking. The customer became more enraged verbally abusing the driver who finally went out to the delivery truck and waited for his partner to finish the delivery. The customer was never told we would not replace his mattress.
We replaced the mattress and the drivers went on to their next delivery
clearly shaken up.
The customer called the store yelling at the store manager enraged and not speaking in a rational tone making it hard to understand him then he hung up on the manager.
No way to get a word in to apologize.
98% of our customers are rational and level headed.
The other 2% are the ones who make working in retail a challenge, especially when they have anger management issues.

TL from Kitchener
TL from Kitchener
3 reviews Kitchener, ON

Don't purchase from Sleep-Ezzz

Not even sure where to begin. When we went into the store to purchase the mattress the service was great - they do anything to make the sale. But when you have something go wrong with your mattress like we did - it was everything but pleasant. The owner didn't want to do a thing, kicked us out of the store...I mean overall a very negative experience. Customer service was none existent. if I had his behaviour on video it would have went viral on social media. My advice would be to purchase your mattress elsewhere. Anyone in the retail business that can't provide excellent customer service shouldn't really be in that business.

Carole from Cambridge
Carole from Cambridge
2 reviews Cambridge, ON

Queen mattress

Where to begin? Have had several mattresses from the Sleep-Ezzz Cambridge store location in the past so I thought nothing of going back for a new bed for my new home. Sales staff Linda was great, very nice to deal with, couldn't say a bad thing about her. The time came for delivery and then things fell apart. The delivery people arrived and before I had the chance to even say hello, they were in the house and heading up the stairs to the second floor with the mattress, snowy muddy shoes and all. I informed them where the new mattress was going and they wasted no time getting there, but the whole while making one hell of a mess of the floors (100+ yr old hardwood floors...I suppose I must be thankful it wasn't carpet). What I did not notice though, was the muddy mess of the plastic mattress cover. When they left I saw muddy water dripping down the walls of the hall way, stair well and the NEWLY painted walls and door frame of the master bedroom - I had only JUST painted the room literally the day before the mattress came! The delivery guys bolted before I had a chance to even go up to the bedroom and take a proper look at the new mattress (they actually both left before collecting the remaining balance owing! They argued on my front step about who would go back for it). They collected the money and ran and that is when I had a chance to actually take a look at the mattress and the state of the house. On top of the mess (and some muddy patches on the NEW mattress) I spotted a hole in my newly painted bedroom wall. They had pushed the door open so far that the door knob punched a hole in the plaster wall (this is a 100+ yr old house). I called the store and was told to call the head office store location in Kitchener. I spoke with Steve who is the owner of the company. He was rude and blamed me for everything that happened. It was my fault for not having the delivery guys take their shoes off (fair enough, I'll let that go, I suppose I am easily intimidated being a young woman home alone with two massive, stinking sluggish delivery people), but what kills me is that he blamed me for the rest of it - including the hole in the wall. It was my fault, he said, because there was not a door stopper. Unfortunately there is not one in the room and having JUST finished the painting/plastering etc. I had not yet got one in place. Steve agreed to give me a $50 refund, but was not nice or apologetic, again, he blamed me - he said it was my house so I should take control of what is happening in my home, after all, he would! I then received a call just minutes later from the delivery guys telling me they had been asked to come back and grab a photo of the damage. I didn't want for them to return but gave in and they were at my door not 2 minutes later. This time I asked them to take their shoes off and what a scene they made. They followed me through my house to see the damage in the bedroom and immediately took the same attitude as Steve - IF they did it (which they say they didn't) it would have been MY fault for there not being a door stopper, but they know they didn't do it and I was likely trying to pass the blame on for something I did myself. They called Steve and began telling their story, said no more to me and walked out the door. I did call Steve the owner back because I was shocked at the treatment and behavior of the delivery people and he got extremely verbal with me, again blaming me, never apologizing or tacking accountability for his delivery people or the treatment of his customers. he then told me the issue was over, I should "stop harping on things because life was short"...he ended our call by telling me I can forget the $50 refund. Fantastic day! I have never had anyone at what I thought was a reputable business treat me so badly. I now have a brand new muddy mattress and a hell of a mess to clean up...all for just $600! I am sad to say this, but stay away from this shop. Although I have had great experience in the past, I would never consider going back, I would never recommend them. Suck it up and pay a bit more and go to a store that will treat you with some respect.