Foamite Industries Inc

Reviews for Foamite Industries Inc

Irene in Toronto
Irene in Toronto

Mattress

We bought our first Foamite mattress on the recommendation of a friend. That was a single in 2010. We have since bought a Queen SR-26 Medium Density Latex mattress. We are particular about our health and our sleep. We didn't want to sleep on anything that would be hot, not breathe or would off-gas. Latex is made with real all natural foam rubber that is derived from the sap of a rubber tree. Our latest purchase that I am rating is the Double Latex mattress we have just ordered. It is for a Hidden Bed / Desk for our condo. We want our guests to sleep on the same quality of mattress that we do. So this is our third purchase and each time the staff has been helpful and what we wanted was in stock.
For us, one of the real conveniences was being able to pick up each mattress and drive it home in my car. No need to schedule a delivery. Even the queen was folded and tied so it fit into my car. I drive a Honda Fit.

Terrible service

Worst experience i've ever had as a consumer. They made a mistake when taking my order and ordered the wrong firmness of foam, i noticed the mistake on the receipt and called but they would not admit their mistake at first. They then admitted it and told me they would give me the correct foam, but sent me home with the original order hoping i wouldn't notice. Absolutely terrible, DO NOT SHOP HERE.

Simon in Toronto
Simon in Toronto

Awful Mattress

Awful Mattress.
Do not recomend at all.
My mattress after 1 month was like a hammock and I bought the firm one.. I can't imagine the soft one, took it for warranty and the problem is still NOT SOLVED.

Do yourself a favor and Avoid this store

melanie in Toronto
melanie in Toronto

Mattress Nightmare

We got our $1700.00 Foamite mattress in May and we've been regretting our decision ever since. As other reviewers have also experienced, our bed began sagging on both sides about a week after purchase. We called to complain and they asked us to provide pictures as proof which we did. Next, my husband had to take a day off work, and rent a van to get this thing back to the factory to be "reworked". We brought it back and within days started to experience the same thing. I called once again to complain and talked with the manager Nancy who also sold us the bed. She was extremely defensive and unable listen at all to why as customers we were disappointed and didn't want the hassle of taking the bed again. She actually said, and I kid you not "How do you think I feel?" She ended the conversation by saying she no longer wanted to discuss and hung up! She clearly doesn't have the emotional maturity to be a manager or deal with customer issues. In short, the bed isn't comfortable, the construction and quality poor and if you have any issues whatsoever you can expect to have a fight on your hands despite your warranty. There are plenty of places out there that will let you try out for a period of time and get your money back. Don't waste your money, time and energy.

Danielle from Oakville
Danielle from Oakville

Foamite mattress

After three months our mattress strted to sag. Upon contacting the company and speaking to the president they said thier mattresses don't sag they compress. He was rude and said we changed our mind on the firmness of the mattress we wanted. We just wanted a mattress that doesn't sag. We paid to take it back and had them rebuild it to make it firmer. Now there is a huge ridge between the two sides. Once you sleep on it the mattress sags. Two people sleeping on either side produced a ridge in the middle. The mattress was expensive and is the worst purchase we ever made. To make it worse the president was rude and derogatory to us. Would never buy from this place again. Just a huge waste of money

Leafs fan from Aurora
Leafs fan from Aurora

Latex bed

I have a bad back and a friend recommended foamite. I researched materials and landed on latex. The guy at the store sold me on the quality, and how low end places have a 2 inch core foam, they use 8 inch plus, which makes the difference.

I bought a $1400 mattress, after a week of sleeping it started to dip. I checked and noticed it was all latex with a 2-3 inch core. When I called for the first time, they said that's what I bought. I disagreed. I called again, they said flip the bed (it is built so it never needs to be flipped). The bed was so bad that my wife and I were leaning to the middle and woke up I pain every morning. We started using her old mattress.

The place would not send someone to inspect the mattress, we had to bring it in. After a few months I brought it in. Again after asking, they said this bed should have an 8 inch core.

They asked, was it the floor, the box spring, every question. We did try everything, it was the mattress.

They made the edges thicker, so now the mattress is raised on the edges, meaning the edges are not even with therm rest of the mattress. it is firmer, it still dips. My back is in pain for a day after 5 minutes on that thing.

I paid that kind of $$ to have a mattress for 10 years. I basically threw out $1400 plus dollars and need to buy another mattress.

Also, we tried using it in our guest bedroom. My mother stayed over and ended up sleeping on the couch the mattress was so bad.

I would have expected bad quality customer service from some small local place, but not from a recommended place.

These guys couldn't care less after you buy. Inspect the mattress before you leave or before they deliver.

Mimi from Toronto (Roncesvalles)
Mimi from Toronto (Roncesvalles)

Foam Mattress

I've been sleeping on a Foamite Med/Firm mattress since 1999 and would buy one again in a heartbeat. They are not the cheapest, but IMHO foam beats spring coil mattresses anyday. I know lots of foam mattresses off gas and smell funny upon purchase, but these ones never gave us any problem. Salestaff were knowledgable, helpful and delivered what they promised. Have recommended lots of friends and everyone happy.