Laurysen Kitchens Ltd

Reviews for Laurysen Kitchens Ltd

Grumpy in Ottawa
Grumpy in Ottawa

New Custom Kichen

We built a new custom house 4 1/2 years ago and the builder used Laurysen and a little over a year later the finish around all the door knobs and handles started to come off. We tried to contact the service dept at least 10 times, we left our contact info and they never got back to us, then finally we reached someone in there service dept, there response was there was only a 1 year warranty on the finish and did not offer to even come a check them out, another reputable box store has a 25 year warranty on there cabinets! The doors and drawer fronts are so bad now that we are looking at getting all the doors and drawer fronts refinished or replaced at our expense! That is ridiculous, on a 4 1/2 year old kitchen! There is no way I would recommend Laurysen Kitchen to anyone at this point!

Sorry for your negative experience if you could please contact Giuseppe Castrucci at our offices he can then address the problems that you have mentioned.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Ghosting Experts

Our Builder contracted with Laurysen Kitchens. The end result is that we have warped doors (as noted in the PDI inspection so it can't be blamed on the home owners). They took the doors back after 5+ months of back and forth with the builder and Laurysen. They took the doors back and said they were going to replace them...instead they brought the same doors back after applying paint. They also brought back the doors with new chips / dents in them. Now its been 1 month of me chasing after them with voice mails and emails, all of which have been ignored.

Sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations, please contact me directly at our offices at 613-836-5353 and ask for Giuseppe.

Bella Kravtzov
Bella Kravtzov
1 review Ottawa, ON

New kitchen in our new house

WE are owners of a new house in Stittsville that moved in it 5 months ago. Till now our kitchen cabinet is missing glass shelves that have been ordered as an upgrade to a basic kitchen. We have paid more than $15000 for upgrades. A technician from the Laurysen kitchen came twice to install the shelves (what is a joke), both times they have been with the wrong size.

HI Bella we apologize for this delay, at the present time our Service Manager is working to resolve this issue. Lee can be contacted at our offices should you wish to speak to him 613-836-5353.

Jocelyn in Toronto
Jocelyn in Toronto

Complete Kitchen Renovation

We had the entire kitchen completely gutted and redone and I could not be more pleased with the result. Our designer Kim was fantastic with several options and designs for us to chose from. Her recommended contractor has been really wonderful to work with, and everything has gone as smoothly as possible considering the size of the project. Would absolutely not hesitate to recommend Laurysen!

Thank you Jocelyn for your kind words we thank you for selecting Laurysen Kitchens and wish you many years of enjoyment.

Marianne in Ottawa
Marianne in Ottawa
1 review , ON

Cabinet front touch-ups

I love love love my Laurysen kitchen ... now two years old.

Over the past couple of winters, unfortunately, I neglected to notice that the humidity in my home was well below the standard. As a result, my cabinet and drawer fronts had begun to blister from wood shrinkage from the low humidity. It's important to understand that this damage is from my neglect and nothing to do with the quality of Laurysen products. Laurysen cabinetry is beautiful.

To the rescue comes Simon, from Laurysen. He arrived on time, assessed the damage thoughtfully, worked with me to determine the best course of action and then, immediately, got to work. He finished all the work in one day ... amazing!

Big thumbs up to Simon for his artistic touch (and hard work) to restore my cabinets to their beautiful, original state. Simon is a great addition to the service team at Laurysen Kitchens.

Best regards
Marianne

Thank you for your kind words and Simon has been a great addition to the service department.

Kitchen Renovation

We were looking to redesign and revamp our outdated kitchen, and Laurysen was a great help with the process. Wael Bakr was very knowledgable and helped us with all of the design decisions that we made, giving us pointers and suggestions along the way. We love the design that he helped us build and we get many compliments on our new kitchen :) When our kitchen went into production we chose to delay our delivery date for our convenience and Laurysen delivered the kitchen promptly on the date decided upon. There were a few issues after installation but Laurysen worked with us, after a minor delay, to resolve the issues. We would recommend Wael Bakr and Laurysen to anyone who is looking to redesign their kitchen.

Thank you we appreciate your positive review and trust you will enjoy your kitchen for years to come.

PZaine in Ottawa
PZaine in Ottawa

Repair on a drawer in my Laurysen kitchen after 25 years

Laurysen put in my kitchen in 1992 and I still love it.
I called them about a fastener on the side of my pot drawer that had broken. I brought in the drawer and Phil repaired it as well as replacing the fastener on the opposite side so they'd be the same. He then filled in a couple of scratches on the bottom of the drawer face. He didn't charge me for the repairs and was lovely to deal with.
It's seldom we get such good service like this in today's world.
Thank you to all.
Peggy Zaine

Thank you for the great review, we are always striving to build and improve our service.

Trevor Dieleman in Ottawa
Trevor Dieleman in Ottawa

New Home Kitchen Install

Horrible experience and would not recommend. Closing was January 3rd (2 weeks ago) and our kitchen and laundry cabinets are still incomplete. I have had to try and contact them numerous times with lack of response and they further fail to provide an estimated time frame of when it will be completed. They should have accounted for the time and worked with the builder to deliver this project to the customer on time.

Dear Mr. Dieleman we are sorry that you have not had a positive experience with our company, I have contacted our Service Dept. and they are working to complete the outstanding service work as soon as possible.

Andrew in Ottawa
Andrew in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

No Cabinet doors for over a month

I don't normally write reviews but this company has been exceptionally poor in how I have been treated. Laurysen had made a mistake and installed the wrong cabinet configuration in our home. We notified them and the configuration was fixed however we have no cabinet doors and no shelves. This was over a month ago now and we still have no cabinet doors. Luckily we were able to get shelves from somewhere else, not Laurysen Kitchens, otherwise we would still have no shelves either. We were told that there is a backlog and that it didn't matter that they made a mistake, they will not do it quicker. No one from the company gives status updates and their date just keeps going into the future.This is has been very disappointing and I suggest anyone looking for a new kitchen to look else where. I still have no cabinet doors

HI Andrew, we have contacted your builder and your service is scheduled for this week and within their 30 Day Service time period.

HSStadl3r in Rockwood
HSStadl3r in Rockwood
1 review Rockwood, ON

Brand new Kitchen in 2016 already had to refinish doors!!!

My builder ordered a Kitchen from Lauysen last year, we are happy with the design and install etc...but 6 months in...the finish is cracking and chipping and peeling...had the doors taken away and "refinished" and now not even a month on they are starting to crack again. We heard there was a finish problem a few years ago and were assured it was taken care of! Waiting to hear what the next steps are...I wouldn't recommend this company at this point!!

Please contact Giuseppe at our offices and he will address your issues, our apologies for this experience.

More about Laurysen Kitchens Ltd

Ottawa turns to Laurysen Kitchens for beautiful, affordable cabinets for their kitchens, bathrooms and closets. We provide standard to custom cabinets in modern, classic and country styles. Our culture of quality is why we’ve been voted Best Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer since 1997 by the Ottawa Consumers’ Choice Award.