Laurysen Kitchens Ltd

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design

Reviews for Laurysen Kitchens Ltd

Andrew in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I don't normally write reviews but this company has been exceptionally poor in how I have been treated. Laurysen had made a mistake and installed the wrong cabinet configuration in our home. We notified them and the configuration was fixed however we have no cabinet doors and no shelves. This was over a month ago now and we still have no cabinet doors. Luckily we were able to get shelves from somewhere else, not Laurysen Kitchens, otherwise we would still have no shelves either. We were told that there is a backlog and that it didn't matter that they made a mistake, they will not do it quicker. No one from the company gives status updates and their date just keeps going into the future.This is has been very disappointing and I suggest anyone looking for a new kitchen to look else where. I still have no cabinet doors

HI Andrew, we have contacted your builder and your service is scheduled for this week and within their 30 Day Service time period.

HSStadl3r in Rockwood
1 review Rockwood, ON

My builder ordered a Kitchen from Lauysen last year, we are happy with the design and install etc...but 6 months in...the finish is cracking and chipping and peeling...had the doors taken away and "refinished" and now not even a month on they are starting to crack again. We heard there was a finish problem a few years ago and were assured it was taken care of! Waiting to hear what the next steps are...I wouldn't recommend this company at this point!!

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Wanted to have three sets of drawers with fronts to replace cupboards with doors. Laurysen was able to match the existing cupboard colour and finish, so that the drawers look like they were installed as part of the original kitchen. I'm very happy with their workmanship and would recommend their services.

Thank you very much for your kind words it was a pleasure working with you.

1 review Ottawa, ON

I wanted to get new cabinets installed in my kitchen for my condo. I worked with Corey to get the right design. We agreed on the price, the timeline and the design.

The design was great. There were a couple hiccups in timeline and some minor things left to complete. Overall, the design is what I was looking for and I'm happy with the design.

Review has 1 previous version

We thank you for your patience as we rectified the situation, we appreciate your business.

Len & Trudy in
1 review Gatineau, PQ

We are very happy with our new cabinets and quartz counter top. A special thank you to our designer, Kimberly. And, both the installers for the cabinets and the counter top as well as the service technician who did the work were very accommodating and did good work. The scheduling was done to meet our needs. Please pass on our thanks to all involved.
Trudy & Len
Aylmer QC

Thank you Trudy and Len we appreciate your kind words and wish you a lifetime of enjoyment with your new Laurysen cabinets.

Karen V from Lorwell Lake in Harrow
1 review Ottawa, ON

I had to build a new kitchen and bathroom and also a laundry room for a cottage renovation. Had no idea how to proceed, with the patience and support from Wael and the Laurysen team, it came together beautifully. Wael even came with me to pick out the granite which I couldn't even imagine how the finished product would even look. The cabintry was designed and built with perfection, the installer Dave made sure everything was done in detail to give us a custom kitchen that I love. Thank you Laurysen Kitchens.

Thank you Karen for the kind words and we are delighted that you are happy with the kitchen. We appreciate you selecting Laurysen Kitchens.

Ken M in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We just had our kitchen renovation completed after thinking about it and looking at our options over the last 18 months. We decided to go with Laurysen Kitchens to provide and install the kitchen cabinets after looking around and getting 3 other quotes. During the design and selection phase we dealt with Heather Tardioli who walked us thru the whole process. She listened to our wants and after visiting our house came up with a great design and suggested a couple of additions that worked out great. Laurysen's installers and finishing personnel did a wonderful job with the installation and with the final touch ups. We are totally satisfied with the finished product and with the attention to detail that the Laurysen team displayed.

Thank you for choosing Laurysen Kitchens, on behalf of the Laurysen Family and Team we appreciate your kind words and trust you will enjoy your new kitchen for many years to come.

3 reviews Ottawa, ON

We had a pokey 80's kitchen, with an odd layout. We knew we wanted to gut it and start afresh, but were unsure about opening up a load-bearing wall into the next room.
Wael came to our house and, having seen the room in context, came up with a plan that would never have occurred to us. It meant blocking up a window, which was scary, but with the open-plan layout, it really works.
At every stage, he listened to what we wanted, then used his expertise to come up with a kitchen that looks great and that functions brilliantly.
There were some glitches with the installation, and if I'm being picky, the scheduling of the return visits to fix those could have been smoother.
However, we couldn't be happier with the design process, and the finished product is exactly what we wanted, only better.

It was a pleasure working with you and we appreciate you choosing Laurysen Kitchens. On behalf of Wael and the Laurysen Team thank you for your kind words.

Dan & Michelle in Toronto

We wanted to remodel our kitchen. Our designer, Wael Bakr, was great to work with, as it seemed a little overwhelming to us at first. Wael took his time explaining, designing and coaching us from start to finish. We would like to highly recommend his talent, personality, patience and guidance. The contractor who installed the cabinets did a good job. The installer was meticulous and did an excellent job with everything, including all the trim details. So everything went well and we enjoy working in the new kitchen. In addition,we were pleased to have six hours of cleaning services offered to us by Laurysen Kitchens. The cleaning job was well done. The staff at Never2Clean was pleasant.

Thank you for your kind words it was a pleasure working with you, we thank you for choosing Laurysen Kitchens.

1 review Ottawa, ON

We decided to renovate our 20 year old kitchen. We had quotes from many companies but we decided to get a quote from Wael at Laurysen Kitchens. He has won many awards and he was quoted by many reviewers as an excellent designer. He came to our house and was very friendly, professional, helpful and listened to our needs. As we were complaining about the poor design of our kitchen, he made some very practical suggestions that we never considered. We implemented them as soon as he left.
A couple of weeks later, he had a plan to present us. The quote presented was in the ballpark as many other companies that we had already seen but we felt extremely comfortable with Wael and we were astounded at the quantity and quality of the cabinets available. We believed that hiring Laurysen with its solid track record and reputation would be the wisest choice for us. I had read about a lot of kitchen renovation nightmares that I certainly wanted to avoid. We trusted Laurysen. We were not wrong.
We met with Wael several times to fine tune the design and he guided us all the way. He even accompanied us to the tile store and picked out a floor tile and backsplash to go with our quartz countertop that are stunning.

The timing of everything went like clockwork. We decided to make a change at the last minute in the tiling of the floor and phoned Laurysen to delay delivering our cabinets for a week. They were scheduled to be delivered the next day. They said no problem. The delivery and installation went superbly and every person who came to our house associated with Laurysen was professional, courteous and prompt.

The kitchen took approximately six weeks to complete, as planned. Wael listened to what I liked and looked at my collection photos of kitchens that I liked. As a result, my renovated kitchen is stunning and looks exactly how I envisioned my dream kitchen. Our experience was wonderful. I would recommend Laurysen Kitchens to anyone. And the designer Wael was excellent.

Thank you for your kind words about our company and Wael, we trust that you will receive many years of happy memories in your new Laurysen Kitchen.

More about Laurysen Kitchens Ltd

Ottawa turns to Laurysen Kitchens for beautiful, affordable cabinets for their kitchens, bathrooms and closets. We provide standard to custom cabinets in modern, classic and country styles. Our culture of quality is why we’ve been voted Best Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer since 1997 by the Ottawa Consumers’ Choice Award.