Locks & Locksmiths

Reviews for A-1 Always Affordable Always Available Locksmiths Ltd

Andrea in Calgary
Andrea in Calgary

Friendly, Fast, Professional, Honest

I found these guys when I was googling businesses who copy odd keys, a mailbox key in my situation. I was impressed by their quick and super-friendly service. The price was also excellent.

While there, I asked about astragals. Another locksmith had already quoted me on one but had failed to deliver and I was still waiting after 5 weeks. Affordable was very helpful and able to deliver immediately, without any up-selling. In the end, they installed within 24-hours at 50% less than the person originally hired for the job (who had up-sold, I now realize because of Affordable's honest service).

Two downsides: They didn't clean our stoop after the install, leaving metal shavings for us to clean. They also close at 5 on weekdays, so for us 9-to-5ers, weekday service is more difficult. Neither of these downsides would keep me away, though. I'll return to Affordable without hesitation for all of my security needs.

John W., Norvell, MI in Calgary
John W., Norvell, MI in Calgary

On-Line Security is RISKY

BEWARE - On-line ordering is faulty and you too risk having your card locked by your financial institution.
After contacting the company to fix a web problem so that I could order a hinge, I once again attempted to order it.
After three attempts, all flagging that my card was not being accepted, I gave up. Out of courtesy I sent the company another message.
THEN - I get a call from my financial institution that fraud is suspected on my card and it is now locked! Guess what - the very amount I was TRYING to charge was in fact put through about an hour latter AND NOT EVEN UNDER THE SAME WEB NAME of Complete Security Hardware.
So I called the company, explained what was going on and after a moment I was asked if I would like to wait because the person was on the phone who I needed to talk to. It wasn't until I questioned why they couldn't call me back that it was offered.
BUYER BEWARE !!!

1437-Kensington RD NW
Calgary
AB
T2N 3R1

I just bought door locks for my front door, back door, and garage door.
The front door had a bolt lock that needed to be keyed to match the other two sets of door handles and bolt locks.

I arrived at the store without an appointment with the door lock set in hand with one of the other sets and keys.

The gentleman at the counter acknowledged me immediately fill my request rekeying the locks on the door handle and making 6 new keys. The whole process took about 15 - 20 minutes. We had a look around their fabulous showroom while they were doing the work.

I was expecting a bill I received for the service was half of what I was expecting.

Courteous, friendly, knowledgeable and as the name says... Affordable!

I would certainly recommend this company for all your locksmith needs.

AngryOldMan in Calgary
AngryOldMan in Calgary

Provided expert advice, friendly & affordable service

We were having our alarm system installed and were required to call a locksmith. We called and Andrew arrived promptly and provided expert advice on the poor quality lock that was provided by our alarm company. Andrew helped us find a more secure lock and answered many phone calls from us with expert answers. He was a pleasure to work with and knows his stuff! We would recommend him in a heart beat.

Wendy Porter from Calgary
Wendy Porter from Calgary

Quick door locks replaced...with great service

We had a situation requiring the immediate replacement of my mother-in-law's outside door locks for two doors. The young man who came by was very professional and provided quick and adept service to re-key two dead bolts and one door knob and replace a door knob. I got immediate attention when I put out the request for a quote (I am not one wait patiently) and the gentleman came out promptly the next day to do the work. The service was excellent, timely and professional and this company is now my go-to for future work. I highly recommend Always Affordable Always Available Locksmiths for anyone needing to use a locksmith.

CGYhomeguy in Calgary
CGYhomeguy in Calgary

New Locks

There were some scheduling issues as one of their technicians was ill, but I can’t hold that against them. When a technician arrived, they were efficient and professional, and we talked about the pros/cons of one type of deadbolt we had.

Gillian
Gillian

Lock on patio door not working

The latch on the patio door wasn't locking ,after calling Always Affordable , Always Available ,Andrew the technician was over within the hour. He was curtious , knowledgeable and fixed the door latch and even checked the front door lock as well . I would highly recommend , great company , great service .

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Great Service!

This was my first experience using this company and it couldn't have gone any smoother! I called in this morning to book an appt to have a couple of locks looked at (key broke off in one, dead bolt broken in the other & extra keys cut) - The woman on the phone was very professional and broke down all the prices for me - an hr later, Daniel showed up and was in and out in no time and everything is in working order (better than ever before!) Thank you for the great service - I will definitely be using this company in the future!

Shane Gowans from Calgary
Shane Gowans from Calgary

Door Lock

Wow! These guys are awesome!
I phoned at 9 am and they came out before 10:30 the same day, called to confirm and were professional, curious and polite.
Great service which isn't always available in Calgary!
Would recommend to anyone.

More about A-1 Always Affordable Always Available Locksmiths Ltd

A-1 Always Affordable Locksmiths was established in Calgary in 1998 and quickly gained momentum as a business dedicated to offering exceptional service, timely delivery and top-quality workmanship. From unlocks to safes for both residential and commercial clients, A-1 Always Affordable Locksmiths has the technology and expertise to get the job ...
Looking for Locks & Locksmiths pros in Calgary?