Lock Surgeon

17812 118 Ave NW Edmonton AB T5S2G2
HomeStars  >  Locks & Locksmiths in Edmonton  >  Lock Surgeon

Reviews for Lock Surgeon

Keys

Needed some extra keys. $7.95 for one house key. $16.95 for one standard lock key. $18.95 for one trailer key. X 3. Next time I'll go to Canadian tire. Need I say more.

Worst Company in Alberta

Lock Surgeon
780-448-9243
17812 118 Ave NW
Edmonton
AB
T5S2G2

This is by far the worst company I have EVER dealt with. They are Rude / Careless / NOT PROFESSIONAL. I'm not sure if they have any formal training. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and find another company. Read the other Google reviews. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR CALLING THEM. DO NOT HAVE THEM EVEN COME TO YOUR HOUSE FOR A QUOTE, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR NOTHING.

Josette in Edmonton
Josette in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Get a very specific price quote, expensive lesson learned

Be very careful when you ask for a quote. We asked for a quote & were told $149 for visit + labour. Turns out the job was priced per piece & could have been easily calculated & told on the phone. When guy arrived he said the cost would be over $800 for our job; we had to decline. So we paid $149 for a guy to come to our house and then go away. It would've taken seconds to give us a proper quote on the phone. but I suppose Lock Surgeon would not have gotten our $149 that day. Thanks for nothing.

1 review Cochrane, AB

Replaced locking mechanism on sliding door

Charged $125 for visit. $60 for labour, $20 for shop supplies and $45 for the part he replaced using a screwdriver. Didn't have the part in his truck and had to go to Calgary for the part. He fiddled with it and said it worked fine. When he left I tried to lock the door and it wouldn't lock. He came back took it apart and found a screw inside the part. I checked for the part online and Home Depot sells it for $12. No shop supplies were used. They charge for use of tools twice on their receipt.
$290 dollars to replace a $12 part.

One knob in Peace River
One knob in Peace River
1 review Peace River, AB

Lock outside won't turn

Be aware of the calling charge fee $150. I paid $336 just to fix one lock 'cuz it won't turn outside. They won't tell you about the calling charge fee after the service. I ask them how much does it cost to fix the lock before they do anything else he told me $70 per lock he said $150 included service charge. BUT after the service when he gave me the bill it's $336!!! There is a calling charge $150!!! It's okay if they make u aware of that calling charge when u called them.

Embarrassed in Edmonton
Embarrassed in Edmonton

Re Key

I was charged $300.00 to re key 2 locks on my business. I thought I would give them a shot cause they were doing a job at the building beside me. The service guy charged me $150.00 to drive across the parking lot. I had another lock company in Spruce Grove do 6 re key's for less than that! I guess that is why they were too busy and after reading the reviews on Lock Surgeon, shame on me! I will let everyone in my peer group know about this experience.

Buyer beware

over seven hundred dollars for a new deadbolt and door knob . Not an emergency installation -price not discussed until after installed. Buyer beware with this company. Customer service was unapproachable and did not care. Even worse than the installation which left door jam cracked and door unable to close properly.

Money grab

Really a 4 dollar key is gonna cost you 8.35 !!! Called ahead to find out if they could cut a key and was assured it would be no problem but got there and was told they couldn't and they were going to charge double what a regular key costs anywhere else !!

Grant Schick in Spruce Grove
Grant Schick in Spruce Grove
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

Wrong Keys

Drove in from 50 km to get keys cut, got home and found out keys cut on wrong blank. When I phoned them and reported problem, their reply was bring them back. When asked about the driving time and expense to return keys, reply was not their problem. Deal with these losers at your own risk.