Lock Surgeon

Greg in Calgary
Greg in Calgary

Total package

Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality
I manage several buildings and switched to Lock Surgeon. Fantastic service, very well trained technicians, always on time. Part I like the best is they can do it all. Locks, doors, access control, window bars, electrical, auto sliding doors. They are a bit more expensive but you pay for what you get. If you need a pro job done. Call these guys

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Overpriced

I had lock Surgeon change the locks on my new house. I had a lock that was sticking and eventually a key broke off in the lock in less than 3 months of the service. I was charged $250 to fix it and the worker was rude and aggressive when I asked about the price. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

danielss in Calgary
danielss in Calgary
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

BEWARE of hidden costs and bad customer service!!

Not worth the time!!!
I had been looking for a new lock system for a business.
Had 3 companies come out and give me an estimate.
Not only did Lock Surgeon come out the highest, they also didn’t tell us or say on their website that they charge $150 just to come out to do an estimate for a project. The other companies did not charge for estimates and they were much lower in price for the same work.
I called them when their service guy was asking for payment for the estimate and Rita on the phone was NOOOOOO help, basically told us that people are concerned about money they should ask on the phone and they do not tell people this because it is our problem and if we wanted to know we should ask.
Sorry but I just built a new business and spent over $400,000.00 doing it with tens of estimates and I was never charged for estimates from plumbers to electricians, to mill workers, a complete build from ground up. AND if they did charge for coming out there would be some indication.
Sorry but I think your backwards and you should inform people before you send out a estimator that there is a charge of $150, and he was only there for under 10 minutes.

Kyler in Edmonton
Kyler in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

EXORBITANT SERVICE CHARGES!

STAY AWAY FROM LOCK SURGEON!! Their business model relies on fleecing naïve customers. At no point was there an indication of a ($150!!!) base charge for at-home service. Not on the website. Not from the dispatcher. Not from the technician. It was only after they did the work (a 20 second kickplate adjustment) that they hit us with the bill. It’s no wonder these guys were given an injunction for unfair trade practices! GO LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE!!

Domino's in Leduc
Domino's in Leduc
1 review Leduc, AB

Great service

I was referred by a friend to use lock surgeon. Had some locks changed out by these guys today and also a door closer. Service was fantastic. Lady on the phone was quick and precise. Technician was organized and efficient. All around great experience

Kye in Calgary
Kye in Calgary

Security upgrade

Had some window bars and barior bar installed by lock surgeon. Staff was friendly and technician cleaned up after himself. They even matched the window bar to my black framed window. Everything looks great

Tiff in Montréal
Tiff in Montréal
1 review Montreal,

Great service

Great service. Had lock surgeon install new locks on my house in Calgary. After about 6 months I came home and was locked out because the handle would not open. It was 8 at night and snowing. I called there on call service and found out they had no technicians available asap to help me. It was going to be 11 at night till they could get there. I accepted the time slot and was waiting no more then 15 minutes when I got a call from one of the managers. He said that his dispatcher called him and was informed of the situation. He let me know that he was just finishing up a meeting and would be on his way to help. About 45 minutes later he showed up, got me into the house and made a little adjustment to my door hinges that had caused the lock to get jammed. He did not charge me but rather thanked me for calling in and letting them help me. Thank you so much Josh.

T & M in Edmonton
T & M in Edmonton
5 reviews Edmonton, AB

Patio door repair

When my patio door stopped being able to slide closed, it was hard to find anyone who could repair it. I was able to get the door off and have a look at the wheels, but it looked like at least one was broken and couldn't be attached to the door. A google search showed that Lock Surgeon could do so I called them. They told me they could send someone the next day; gave me a time window and told me it would cost $149 for the service call, and labour and parts on top of that.

The next day I got a call from Kevin right at the start of the stated time period; told me he'd be here in about 20 minutes and he arrived right on time. He got the door apart with my help and took the wheels to his supplier, which was a fair distance away - telling me he was 90% sure he could get new ones. Over an hour later he called to say he got the part, that he had to do some other work and stop for coffee then he'd be back.

We got the wheels on and it works fine now. He only charged for half an hour of his time (I was afraid he'd charge for the other business but he didn't). However the charges added up to a lot - the wheels were over $50 with their markup and he added a $25 charge for shop supplies - even though he used my silicone spray and broke my file.

All in all, I got my door repaired in a decent time so I can't complain much. I didn't have much choice - it's an oversized door and would have cost at least ten times that amount. I needed it fixed before winter came and I got that. It was just a bit pricier than I had expected - otherwise, can't complain about the service.

High Hopes in Calgary
High Hopes in Calgary

Never Again

I booked an appointment and had to leave work an hour early just because the technician wanted me there at 5pm. At 5:15pm he called to tell me he was leaving to be at my house and that he would be a half an hour. He also made a comment that people needed to eat and rest. When he arrived he let himself into my condo building and did not have the proper tools to investigate my hinge situation. He had a bottle of WD40 and a small screw driver. He said he would belligerently come back but bulked that I wouldn't take more time off work for his convenience of his schedule. I phoned Lock Surgeon promptly at 7:15am the next morning to cancel anything to do with their company or services. Lock Surgeon you need way more customer service.

criinc in Edmonton
criinc in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

6 $30(each) key copies do not work, improper behavior to 19 year business customer

Lock Surgeon made keys(each $30) for our apartment tenants, which did not open doors,causing frustration. They tried to say that it was our problem as old cylinders, which is not the case. We had paid more than thousands dollars in last 19 years, but we had not been able to switch to other locksmith easily due to patent(?).

This afternoon my complaints were unlawfully treated by pushing me, a senior Canadian citizen, business owner, out of the store.

Looking for Locks & Locksmiths pros in Edmonton?