Greenlane Landscaping Inc

Marco in Aurora
Marco in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

New Home

Moved into to my new corner lot home in the fall. The lawn was in pretty bad shape and the towns trees looked pathetic Called Greenlane landscaping in the spring. Michael came by and took a look at our property. He already had some great ideas. Michael came by a week after with 3D renders of our home with the trees and landscape designs we discussed. Looked amazing. The job was was done in a timely fashion even with all the rain we had. The Greenlane team was very polite and respectful. The house looks amazing now. I love it. Will definitely use there services again.

It was a real pleasure working with you.
Thank you from the entire team here at Greenlane Landscape Design~Build.

stephen fields in Thornhill
stephen fields in Thornhill

Landscaping the front and back yard

When we decided to re-landscape our backyard we searched for someone on Homestars. That’s where we came across Greenlane, who set us up with Michael. Michael really impressed us. After talking about what could be done with the backyard, Michael came up with a creative plan that we really like. He had a very clear vision of what he felt worked best, worked hard to bring the project in on budget and on time, and the result was beautiful and functional. We have been enjoying the back yard ever since. We were so pleased with the work Michael did that we contracted Greenlane again this spring for our front yard. Once again, Michael did a very nice job, re-sodding lawn and making changes to the landscape and beds. We have enjoyed working with Michael and with Greenlane. Michael is creative and very serious and passionate about his work and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend Greenlane and Michael.

It was our pleasure working with you!
Thank you from the entire Greenlane team.

2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Bought a new house and hired Greenlane Landscape Design again! Great job

We hired Greenlane Landscape Design in 2010 and were extremely happy with the work they did then. When we bought a new house last year, we called Greenlane again to complete the driveway and new patio in our backyard and also new gardens front and back. We are so happy with the job that was done. Amy is great to deal with and is so knowledgeable. Michael, Justin and the crew are friendly and always kept us up to date and kept the jobsite as tidy as possible. Everything is great. I would not hesitate to recommend Greenlane to anyone looking for a landscape company.

Shanna in Richmond Hill
Shanna in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Interlocking Stone Driveway, walkway and new steps

We hired Greenlane Landscape Design-Build last year to do a new interlocking stone driveway, walkway with new steps to replace the concrete ones supplied by the builder. They did an amazing job!! It looks great and was well worth the price. We are the envy of our street. I have recommended Greenlane to many neighbours and friends, who have all hired them and have been very happy.

hailey from Vaughan
hailey from Vaughan

Amazing Service from Greenlane!!!

I absolutely loved the service from Greenlane. Everyone was friendly and hard-working! Amy was especially helpful with her great ideas and answering our many questions! Thank you Greenlane for a job well done! Anyone looking for excellent and reliable landscapers-call Greenlane for great service:)

Thank you so much, it was a real pleasure working on your landscape project!

Erna in Toronto
Erna in Toronto

small front landscaping

The after service this company provides is very inadequate, in my case non existant. I sent half a dozen emails plus numerous phone calls to Amy, the person I usually contacted for this project; I got no response at all since May 27th. Originally, a Fireglow Japanese maple was supposed to be planted last May, beginning June. Nothing happened until July, I was told there was a confusion with the order,apparently our tree had been picked up for another customer hence we got a leftover tree which was planted in mid July in full heat. I was told by professional landscapers,this is not the ideal time to plant a tree. In the spring this year, the tree is three quarters dead with only one little branch alive. We are now end of July, there has been no changes in the tree. I asked for advice before the guarantee expired in July , we are now almost end of July and still I have no answer at all. A very unpleasant and frustrating experience, this is why I do not recommend their services at all.

Gary  Markham
Gary Markham

Landscaping

There are two sides to this story... The bad part and when it got worse. We hired the company Greenlane based on a chance meeting at a general third party. The owner Dave spoke to my wife and made many serious commitments ...time of the job... Materials to be use.His foreman on the job was Alex and I think this job was way over his head.... They went about ordering material , bringing big machinery to do the work. They never listened to my wife's plan and mostly did the job on a whim part of the task was to solve a grading problem that cause a small leak in the basement. They attempted to fix the crack... And a new $11,000 wooden deck was built over the spot they fixed. The owner Dave was hardly at the site leaving the job to Alex... Too inexperienced. Dave did show up one day with a bobcat and removed 8-10 inches of soil... Why I don't know. After the strange and wet winter the removed area became a lake and the water trying to drain from the backyard had no where to go except the basement.... Yup from a small problem to a much larger problem... Crazy. The job was promised to be finished last year (2013)... They cleaned up took all the remaining interlock that was order... How much? I don't know... They took it. We tried to get their insurance to fix the basement problem they caused... Nope. This was the relationship that I hope no one ever encounters... It is going to cost us $27,000 to fix their mistakes... Lesson learned.. Watch out for these guys.

Thank you for posting a review. We are sorry that you feel the way you do. We are surprised by what you now claim and must state that, yes, there are two sides to this story. Yours and ours. There is an obvious difference of opinion regarding this job and what has transpired. Underlying problems started 2 weeks into the project, just after signing the Contract which clearly set out Progress Payments, when you began claiming financial difficulties and that you would have to sell your car collection and cash in your inheritance to pay for the project. These comments continued throughout Phase I but progress payments continued. At the end of Phase I in the Fall, you came out and informed the work staff on site that you did not have any more money to pay, leaving our final payment unpaid. As of January (2014) we were “the best” landscaping company. In late winter, you requested a meeting but the owner had to cancel due to the flu. Back and forth correspondence and a subsequent meeting did not resolve anything. At the beginning of May, we offered the services of an independent Mediator but you refused. We wished to resolve all matters in an amicable manner, to preserve our relationship and to complete Phase II, including the signed-off Extras. To back up the work that has been provided by Greenlane, we are offering a ten (10) year Guarantee on all Labour and Material. Conditions are that we complete the project and all outstanding Invoices are paid. Greenlane has been in business for over 25 years and stands by its work and will continue to do so. Again, we extend the invitation of a Mediator to you and hopefully you will partake this time. Please contact us in order to move forward.

Suzanne Magnuson from Richmond Hill
Suzanne Magnuson from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Landscaping front yard with re-grading and new sod

I now have a beautiful front yard that all my friends and neighbours are envious of. Greenlane did a wonderful job. The guys that came were very polite and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Greenlane Landscaping to anyone looking to have landscape work done.

2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Back and Front Yard landscaping design and install

We worked with Greenlane Landscaping in completing our front and backyard design and installation in 2010. They did a wonderful job with beautiful results. They listened to our needs and transformed our dreams into reality. Very polite and hardworking crew. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Mario from Woodbridge
Mario from Woodbridge

Resod front yard

Last year we decided it was time to fix the front lawn - it wasn't draining correctly. We got a number of estimates and went with the lowest (Greenlane) - they promised all the same approach and results.

I should have known as soon as they started - when the site foreman wouldn't agree to what the salesman had promised. Lucky I had the salesman's detail estimate - it got resolved the next day.

The work didn't look OK as soon as it was finished - when I reported it to the site foreman - he said they would return in a few weeks to follow up. Yup - I should have known there too - never saw them again.

This year it's worse than when they came to rip me off ... ahem, do the work.

A lesson learnt - and, I'm passing it along to you. Avoid these guys at all costs. Problematic at least - a total ripoff.

More about Greenlane Landscaping Inc

Greenlane Landscape Design Build has proudly provided landscaping services throughout the GTA for over 30 years. Contact us to help you design your project, big or small.
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Richmond Hill?