Landscape Contractors & Designers

Brian chateaus
Brian chateaus
8 reviews ,

Ongoing Landscaping Nightmare

Paid deposit in Aug 2015 to secure Sept 21st start date. Constant delays and excuses on reasons why they cannot be onsite. Two more Payments were made ahead of progress on the belief that progress would be made the following week. It appears Don Kirkpatrick (owner/operator) has only 1 other employee (Harold) and Don booked another job in Oakville which has his priority. He shows up for an hour here and there, and there are weeks between visits. It is Nov 26 and I am still living in a pile of mud and no access to our front entrance and no progress in weeks. Since our last payment Don continues with excuse after excuse as to why he cannot be onsite: " got 4 flat tires"," hurt my hand", "at other job in Oakville", "accident with trailer", "something of a personal nature", etc. We even asked him to work while we were away for a week and he refused because he needed to finish his Oakville job and then he could concentrate on our job, which has yet to happen. We requested a written schedule for completion on Nov 14th and he has already delayed that schedule by a week because he is not finished in Oakville and now something else has come up. To be perfectly clear, the weather has not been a factor in these delays. There have been many warm sunny days that he refused to be onsite. There is NO material onsite for a driveway, walkway, porch, landscape rocks, mulch, and soil. We will update this posting accordingly, if there is ever any progress. Please note it appears that a 2 is the lowest rating Homestars allows.

Martina from Brampton
Martina from Brampton

backyard swim spa/gazebo

Don is not to be trusted. We had a big project lined up to start in May/2014. Two weeks before the actual start we decided it would be best to cancel the job as Don was not making any progress. He was very unprofessional and he has yet to return our $5600.00 deposit (he agreed he would do it in full since he didn't do anything yet not even the paperwork for the permits. My backyard was never done and now I have to go to small claims to get my money back because Don does not want to return my hard earned money. Don't trust this man.

LBULJN from Scarborough
LBULJN from Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

LANDSCAPING

Thank you for the giving me the opportunity to work with you and I do hope that you enjoy your backyard for years to come. If there are any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks.

Ann and Ken Foo in Mississauga
Ann and Ken Foo in Mississauga

Front entrance interlocking

I will recommend Don and Harold to everyone I know!!!
They are awesome hard working people. Don is a perfectionist.. They re-did our whole entire front entrance and interlocking connecting to garage and driveway. It was a detailed job. They even re-used our old plants and re-planted them. They gave us much more than what we expected. Very detail. They worked when it was raining and even snowing to try to finish the job before snow storm. We appreciate what they did for our house. It was perfect. Thank you!

It was a pleasure working for you and thanks for the hospitality, it was greatly appreciated. If there is anything else you would like to have done, please don't hesitate to call us. Thanks.

Rene Abel in Mississauga
Rene Abel in Mississauga

Large Retaining Walls (Armour Rocks)

We contracted Gardens of Distinction based on their design, price and a recommendation from a friend. They deliver exactly what we wanted. The work involved a complete re-grading of the backyard with retaining walls (armour rocks and timber wall)and stone steps. Next spring, We will finally start enjoying a nice and functional backyard for years to come. See pictures

Rene and Basia (Mississauga)

Review has 1 previous version

I am glad that you liked the final outcome, want to apologize for the length of time that it took, but I have never seen so much rain in one season, made the job interesting. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks.

Steve in Brampton
Steve in Brampton
4 reviews BRAMPTON, ON

Pool Installation, Landscaping and Stonework

We hired Don to prep the site for a Hydropool swimspa installation. This included digging a hole as the pool would be installed half in-ground, pouring a concrete pad, installing a retaining wall to form a crib for the pool, installing stone facing around the pool, installating stone patio and walkways as well as final landscaping (garden beds, trees).

Although hampered by the weather and heavy rains (which I fully understand), he was delayed but got the work done. We were very happy with the look of the finished product ... it came out better than we expected as we love the Stone-link product that Don recommended.

The only problem we had was that the depth of the hole was slightly miscalculated so the stone surround does not come up to the edge of the pool as we had originally discussed. He had to improvise with wood skirting which we are not really happy with. Don has offered to change the skirting to a stone coping so we are discussing that with him now.

Other than that, everything has held up well except for some settling of the stonework around the pool. Although it took a long time, Don was out to fix everything up and it looks as good as new now.

Review has 1 previous version

Steve,

I am glad that you are happy with the project, and now that we have replaced the wood skirting with stone, the hot tub looks better than ever. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please let me know. Thanks again, Don.

Barry in Brampton
Barry in Brampton

Driveway and yard landscaping

905-965-7343
12 Chesterfield Road
Brampton
L6W 1K9

All I can say is Wow!

Laura and I cannot thank you enough for the great job you and your team did on the Landscaping of our home. When it all started we had some vague ideas of what we wanted done around the yard, but relied on your experience and advice to really pull the project together.

Although we originally thought we wanted a straightforward interlock driveway with some rockery bordering, we could never imagine the work of art that we ended up with. The driveway turned into a drive and courtyard with a beautiful curving inlaid arch design cutting in and out of the rock gardens. The flat rocky steps leading from the driveway up into the garden adds that perfect extra touch.

You are a master at blending rock into many of your landscape ideas. From the rock steps
cutting into our hill and leading up from the pool, to the second driveway at the side of our home built of heavy fieldstone. The driveway blends in so well that it’s often mistaken for a walkway or rest area.
The English cobblestone style interlock walk way leading up to our front porch adds an element of elegance, while looking as though its always been part of the landscape.

Laura and I found your team very courteous, patient and most importantly professional.
I was very impressed with all the specialized vehicles and equipment that your company had available to do all the heavy work.

I highly recommend Gardens of Distinction to anyone who is looking for quality and professional landscaping work.

Thanks Barry, I am glad that you and Laura are happy with the work.

R J Clegg in Oakville
R J Clegg in Oakville

Complete rework: front yard, steps and walkway entrance

When we moved to Oakville and needed to rework our entire front yard we didn't hesitate to call Don. This is the second home that Gardens of Distinction has done for us. Both required new layouts of our entire front yard. Each house was done differently due to the slope and design of the house. The work was done on time on budget and when completed was better than expected. We have referred Don to a number of people who have also used his company and been very satisfied. Call me if you have any questions 905-815-9473

Thanks for he review, as always it is a pleasure doing work for you, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to call.

More about Gardens Of Distinction By Kirkpatrick

Gardens of Distinction is a family owned company operating for the past twelve years in the Greater Toronto Area. We are a landscape design/ build company that works with the clients in developing their own Garden of Distinction. Top Landscape Contractors & Designers in the GTA and Beyond. Proficient in ...
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Brampton?