Bob Jarvis Insulation Limited

Reviews for Bob Jarvis Insulation Limited

AmIAskingForTooMuch in Burlington
AmIAskingForTooMuch in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Lousy back office operations and poor rectification of damages done during installation process

Initial inquiry for a quote went unanswered. My contactor contacted them afterwards and they finally decided to give us a quote. On the day of the install the installer backed up their truck into the gable of my roof and damaged the facia along the gable. He did not tell us this this, and hoped we would not notice. We noticed it almost right away after we paid him. Getting this sorted out took 6 weeks with constant push back and reminders. When it did get fixed the job was done poorly resulting in exposure of additional scratches etc. We sent a photo to Bob Jarvis Insulation to which they said that they couldn’t see anything and it looked fine. After another blatant photo with the scratches clearly circled we didn’t receive any feedback however the same crew showed up the next day and corrected the problem, only to replace the facia (single piece) with a shade that varied a bit from the existing colour. I was so sick of dealing with this that at this point I just let it go. The installers said the difference in shade is due to weathering. If that is the case then the entire facia on the gable should have been replaced rather than just one piece.
The payment for the work done is expected the same day the insulation is done. They are very quick to take your money but when it comes to dealing with your refunds or rebates, there is absolutely no haste on their part. Initially there was a month long delay due to a claim by Bob Jarvis Insulation that the process changed and they needed additional information – this only came out after we followed up as to what’s going on with the rebate. After the additional information was provided, we inquired almost a month later as to what is going on with the rebate again. There was no response from the company to the inquiry; however the following day we got an email from Green-ON rebate center to confirm the information that was submitted – this means they didn’t submit the rebate information for two months.
I am by no means impressed with the service by this company. Hiding damages, slow response to problems, and expecting payment right away but delaying processing rebates would have me considering other providers if I had more insulation needs.

Rob F. from Oakville
Rob F. from Oakville

Attic Insulation

Scheduled Jarvis to come in and top up the builder grade insulation in our attic to improve the insulation / help warm up the house more / cut heating costs. They put in blown in insulation and one thing I really liked was they recommended a specific material that mice don't like the smell of.....really appreciated this, since every home gets attic mice. Arrived on time, put blanketing on the floor so the blower tube didn't get the carpet dirty, and it was pretty quick. Happy overall and did notice the upstairs was a bit warmer after the added insulation as well. Would recommend them.

Dino from M'CHIGEENG
Dino from M'CHIGEENG
1 review M'CHIGEENG, ON

Insulation Instal

I had Jarvis Insulation install some batt insulation and some foam insulation. I was please with their work and professionalism. The sign of a good company is not if they have problems, but how they handle them. Mike in their main office was very professional in working out any issues that occurred and I am very happy with their service. The install crew were also a great bunch of guys. I had a positive experience with this company.

daniel from Burlington
daniel from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

attic insulation

8 years ago they blew insulation in my attic.while installing bathroom potlites this year i discovered mould throughout my attic. they had covered up 75% of my soffit vents thus reducing my ventilation by this amount. because i paid cash i have no receipt so they are taking no responsibiliy for this. it is going to cost me close to 10 grand to rectify this problem. stay clear of this company

Homeowner  in Mississauga
Homeowner in Mississauga

Attic Insulation

Initial estimate was done by drive by only , which may work for some people but not if you need to have a conversation about anything serious . You'll need to know this if you decide to use them .The day the came to blow insulation I asked for a pre-inspect of the attic (and report back to me )as I just bought the home and needed to remove some extra batt's up there and some exhaust piping . THEY DID NOT and proceeded to finish up before I knew it .
They buried EVERYTHING up there in blown insulation including 2 vents from bathrooms that are now plugged and quite troublesome .
The home was built in 1973 , at that time is was common practice not to vent these into the roofing but in the attic only .
When I tried to call the team after in the truck as they were leaving they shrugged me off and became a little mean and ignorant . I called the office who then proceeded to push me toward their offsite guy , who then was a litte indifferent as well , then he called the office back ...etc... etc.... this went back and forth for a while . I wanted them to come back and remove the items and unplug the vents and instead getting roadblocks .Now they claim they won't be back until after the Holidays . I get the feeling they are gone for good . I will update this if I get something positive from them. At this point I will need to hire another crew to go up there and address those concerns . Looks like this will cost me much much more now.
The blown insulation quality and amount were very good .
The crew not so much .

Patrick in Flamborough
Patrick in Flamborough
8 reviews Beamsville, ON

Attic insulation

During our ecoENERGY audit the attic in our home was rated at less than R-12. We called Bob Jarvis Insulation to increase our insulation up to R-50. They were prompt in returning our phone calls, the quote took less than an hour and we were offered a choice between fiberglass and cellulose insulation. After agreeing to get the job done we only had to wait about a week before they returned and got the job done.

Overall, a job well done, polite staff, no waiting or unexpected surprises and no mess left behind. I definitely recommend them.

CAFFEE in West Oak Trails
CAFFEE in West Oak Trails

Attic insulation with cellulose

After contacting several insulation companies I chose Jarvis Insulation because they were a locally owned company. This industry is not well regulated and trying to get information is very difficult. None of the companies were members of the Better Business Bureau. It is hit and miss. Well I missed. My house was left with insulation all through the front hall, up the stairs, and all through my bedroom and even in the bathroom (the stuff got under the door). Reputable companies that I deal with usually do a clean up after they are done. These guys came in covered in insulation and I was tempted to ask them to leave, but I had signed a contract. Don't use this company unless you want cellulose with boric acid all through your house. They could have taken a shop vac to the areas they worked in and especially in the front hall. Very disappointing!

Sean D in Oakville
Sean D in Oakville

blow in insulation in attic

The energy audit said I would get $760 to upgrade from R25 to R50. Bob Jarvis gave a quote after looking at outside only, and did the job in 1-1/2 hours with minimal mess. The auditor said it was a very good job, as he has seen many poor jobs.