Decorators Corner

Ang in Milton
Ang in Milton
6 reviews Milton, ON

Kitchen Reno Design

We selected this company based on a reco from the Renovators of Canada (T-roc).

I met the owner Marie at our home and we got along well... she has years of experience and knows a lot about structure and finishes. I thought I was clear that I wanted to open up our layout which would include knocking down a wall and potentially minimizing some half walls. Our first draft included a big wall in front of our staircase to hide our fridge. I took the drawing and provided a more direct representation of what I wanted to which she turned around design drawings.

Decorators Corner was hired by T-Roc - but it seems they got different drawings than I did and a few of the wall measurements were incorrect - which lead to confusion when our cabinets were ordered and installed.

Marie went on vacation twice over the course of our project, which also led to delays communicating with myself and the contractor. We had additional hours to work through design finishes but ultimately we were left to source and work through pulling together materials and finishes ourselves. We are most thankful that she was able to help us with our wall colour which looks great.

I've seen some of her commercial work and it is beautiful but unfortunately she wasn't as dedicated to our project, nor did she take time to understand what I was looking for from my space initially.