Fagnan's Furnace Services Ltd

Fagnan's Furnace Services Ltd

Reviews for Fagnan's Furnace Services Ltd

Aside from their great work,Ken is a strong upstanding citizen against child abuse. 10 stars for. These guys

We again got fagnans furnace us to come to our newest promptly and install new furnaces according to The national building code and was very good and we especially liked this company because they are very strong supporters of exploitation against children and sexual child abuse
Keep up the good work Kenny

David Fritz  in Calgary
David Fritz in Calgary

Furnace repair

We have used Fagnans furnace now for over 40 years , to be honest we tried some cheaper guys in between those years but that turned out to be a disaster . At the end of the day you might pay a little more with Kenny but you will be able to sleep at night.
Great to see a family business so dedicated.
Keep up the good work gals/guys
10 “plus” stars for FAGNANS FURNACE

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Heat exchanger replacement on Carrier furnace

8 yr old Carrier furnace wasn't starting up in morning. Called for service call. Tec came & couldn't figure out why it didn't start up when thermostat called for it to start. Was charged for service call even though I had purchased at my extra cost a total 10 yr parts & labor warranty package when I purchased the furnace. Furnace still not cutting in so I called again & another service tec came out. Diagnosed that it was the hyme damper circuit being faulty so cut that out & furnace started. I then asked him to check the heat exchanger. I only was aware of this after talking to other service tecs installing a furnace up the street & them telling me my furnace model had heat exchanger problems. He checked PPM on heat exchanger & it was way over limit so needed heat exchanger replaced. They replaced it the next day which was great but I was very shocked that I ended up with an approx. $600 bill, even though I had full parts & labor warranty package which I paid extra for when I bought the furnace from them. After several inquires they came up with a list of items to try and justify their extra charge (most items didn't make any sense to me that they should be an extra charge) above my parts & labor warranty package I had already paid for. NOT happy with the extra unexpected bill as I was sure I should be totally covered on repairs with my extra parts & labor warranty I had purchased. It seemed like I was paying twice! Not fair!

Michael in Calgary
Michael in Calgary

Installed new furnace and hot water tanks

We had a Carrier high efficiency furnace installed late Winter/Spring 2017. We also had 2 hot water tanks replaced at the same time. As our 26 year old Carrier was 'down for the count' we had to move quickly. Quote was timely and new furnace installed the next day. Crew was thorough and very polite. Unfortunately one of the hot water tank valves decided to give a few days later. Turned out to be a defective valve. That said, Trevor @ Fagnan was extremely diligent and all was handled very professionally. These efforts frankly took a solid 4 star to a 5 in my books.

Thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing Fagnan's for your heating needs!

Sue and Mark in Calgary
Sue and Mark in Calgary

Service

What a gem tucked away in Forest Lawn!!! We have had dealings with Fagnan's for at least 10 years and have always gotten exactly what we needed with a very friendly and honest opinion. We just used them again and nothing has changed. We had prompt, honest, and friendly service. I would highly recommend their service to anyone. Thank you Ken, Dan and Scotty. It was refreshing to know that the customer still counts.

AC installation

This company gave us a reasonable quote for AC installation, showed up on time, were friendly and explained what they were doing and the end result was excellent. This company also did a furnace cleaning for us and there was scheduling mixup that I wasn't very happy about, and they ended up coming late, but at least they did a great job. Again, this team was friendly and professional. I definitely recommend!

B Fraser in Calgary
B Fraser in Calgary

Highly Recommended

Fagnan's has installed two furnaces and two humidifiers for me as well as servicing my air conditioner.

The crew did great work. Cleaned up after themselves and answered all my questions very patiently.

I would highly recommend Fagnan's Furnace Service and will definitely use them again

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Was told I needed a new furnace

When our 20 year furnace failed, I called Fagnan's. They have been our service technicians up until now.

When the technician arrived, I greeted him at the door. He immediately started telling us about how furnaces in homes like our are often too big. After a hour's service call, I was told that I needed an expensive part and that the technician would look for it the following morning. He also identified some other issues which he wrote on the work order. He told us that they were caused by the furnace being too big and that we should consider a replacement.

We were without heat for the night.

The technician called the following morning at the time he promised. He gave me the price of the part. I later learned that it was about twice the wholesale cost. He then advised me to replace the furnace and told me that Fagnan's had a special on furnace replacements. He gave me the price of the special, but did not identify the make of the furnace.

I became suspicious and asked for time to think about my decision.

I called another repair firm recommended to me by a friend for a second opinion. They came over and spent about an hour diagnosing the issue. They eventually discovered a broken wire connected to the expensive part and also replaced the igniter.

The furnace was running properly in about 90 minutes and has been working without issue for 4 days. The technician indicated on the work order that the parts and his service work were warranted for one year.

When I asked about the size and the other problems identified by Fagnan's, the second technician said that they were not major concerns to him. He recommended that the furnace be serviced more regularly and suggested an annual inspection. He felt that the furnace would be serviceable for the foreseeable future.

When I asked him about potentially replacing the furnace, he did say that we would save money on gas bills, but suggested that we take our time and considering a variety of options (make, model, efficiency) that fit our budget and interests in quality.

Dave in Calgary
Dave in Calgary

Furnace Repair

The technician that came over (Ken) had an extremely poor attitude. When asking technical questions, he would respond with, "it's not working", and when further questioned, he would mention "what you don't trust me?"

The whole exchange with him was a complete frustration, but the worst was yet to come when questioning the bill. His voice knob turned to 11, and my whole family could hear him barking across the hall. He still wouldn't shut up despite me pulling out my credit card and signing.

This is the first and last time I'll be in touch with this company. Ken was unreliable and unresponsive. He was 9 hours late when he promised he'd return after 4. A simple phone call would've been nice? Stay out of our home forever.

Wayne in Calgary
Wayne in Calgary

New Furnace

I had a new furnace and humidifier installed by Fagnan's. Fagnan's really knew what they were talking about and were the only company to suggest a condensation pump. This eliminated a pipe on the floor which would have been a tripping hazard. John and Dave did a great job on the installation!
Highly recommended.

More about Fagnan's Furnace Services Ltd

When you choose Fagnan's Furnace, you can feel confident that you're getting the highest quality in both products, and service at a competitive price. We're committed to customer satisfaction in everything we do.
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?