Four Seasons Furnace Cleaning & Services

6740 75 St NW Edmonton AB T6E 6T9
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Four Seasons Furnace Cleaning & Services

Reviews for Four Seasons Furnace Cleaning & Services

Inducer Motor of Furnace Replacement

The FourSeasons furnace technician came to our house on November 9, 2017 and told me that the inducer motor is not working and he is going to get it for me. The price will be around $300 to $400. This is in addition to 1 hour labour cost for which I paid $259 plus GST. Then the technician phoned me after an hour or so, to inform that the price has suddenly jumped up for the inducer motor to $684 plus GST. Then, I offered to him that instead of him, I can shop around for better price. But he misinformed me by saying that this is THE best price and there is no point for me to shop around plus only professional/licensed person can buy the parts. Then I told him that, if this is the case, then bring the original receipt and he agreed with it. However, he gave me a Four Seasons invoice for the overall labor and parts without the original receipt of the part. This was a red flag and so I started looking for the parts price and found out that the price is around $300. So, I emailed to Four Seasons the same day with a link that the same part of the same brand/maker and model (exact same Serial No) is sold in Edmonton (both in-store and online) for $317.40. https://www.amresupply.com/part/16571026?replaces=326628-763 Supplier Phone No. 780 461 2929. Four-Seasons Company phoned me back (instead of responding to my queries in email) the next day to tell that they do not give receipts to the clients. Over phone, they said, they bought it from another store/supplier/wholesaler and I was not overcharged, so they wont return me the difference. My question is: as agreed why they are not giving me the original receipt? and who is the supplier that can survive in the market by selling the same brand parts to Four-Seasons by charging 115% more ( difference between $684 and $317.4 is $366.60). The management over phone declined my request to reimburse me the difference which is $366.6 plus GST.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to address your concern and confusion regarding the validity of parts in residential HVAC repairs in Edmonton. The part that you included with the link is not the same part that we installed. As management tried to explain to you previously, we are not responsible for "DIY" wholesalers who choose to sell substandard parts to the public. As a professional contractor who installs furnaces, we only purchase replacement parts from reputable wholesalers who sell the original equipment for which the parts are required and which can be warrantied. These wholesalers are only accessible to HVAC contractors as was also explained. You already have a copy of your receipt in the form or your invoice provided by the serviceman which will provide you will 30 days labour warranty and 1 year parts warranty on the repair.

Repeat Clients are Not Valued

After buying 3 furnaces, 1 air conditioning unit, 1 humidifier, 1 hot water tank, having the home furnace serviced a few times, and doing 2-3 furnace cleanings- all through this company ($12,000+ approx), I was offered $20 off a new hot water tank for being a repeat client. After pricing out hot water tanks at other companies with better reviews, I discovered that this quote is high. When I confronted this business about their high quote and said I would go elsewhere, they left a message stating they would beat their competitor quotes- due to the amount of business I have done with their company. After all the hassle of dealing with them, I decided to go elsewhere. There are better companies with much better customer service and better reviews. Go elsewhere for your heating and cooling needs. Four Seasons has now lost a long term client.

Heidi, we are sorry you are unsatisfied with the quote provided for replacing your hot water tank. In order to provide a price matched quote for HWT installation, a copy of the other company's quote is required to ensure the same model of tank, allotted labor, materials, and parts and labor warranty are comparable. Following your last email, our office tried to contact you regarding your concerns and have left you a voicemail to call back at your convenience. All of our customers receive the same pricing for our services as we treat all of our customers equally. Discounts received in the past for your installations were applied as you installed multiple products resulting in savings on combined labor and materials. We value your business and look forward to hearing back from you to fully discuss all of the details and come to a resolution you are satisfied with.

1 review Edmonton, AB

Great until they needed to be paid

The products installed were great but when it came to payment I would never deal with this company again. The furnace was being installed out of town. Due to a family emergency and the travel to the other city I was unable to go to the job site and verify the installation for about a week after the install. Therefore the payment to the company was delayed as I was not comfortable signing off on work I have not verified. I was able to travel and see the furnace last night. As of this morning I have woken up to emails from the company threatening to take me to collections. I phoned Kelly the manager of the company to advise him that the emails were not appreciated but the paperwork would be sent up today. On the phone I had kelly cursing and swearing at me telling me that the girls at his front office were getting on his case causing him to have a bad day. When Kelly has stopped cursing long enough for me to get a word in I advised him there was no need to threaten me and I have no problem paying his company, before I was able to finish speaking with Kelly he hung up the phone. Can't say I personally would deal with this company again as they are great until payment becomes involved. They do install great products but just be weary of the front office staff and the lines of communication. As this was not the only instance in our dealings where communication was an issue.

If our company had been aware in any of the communications that we had had that you were uncomfortable signing off on payment until you had physically seen the install yourself, we would have most definitely worked with you on that respect. Especially if you would have shared with us that there was a family emergency as well. But because none of these factors had been mentioned and you had assured you were sending the confirmation twice, when we had not received anything and were not able to contact you via phone we sent an email letting you know payment is due now. We apologize for any frustration or offense taken with any of our communications. Payment for installations is due upon completion.

Furnace repair

The reception when you call sounds polite and seems to take your information. After having ATCO already make recommendations and I let them know in advance including the possible part. Technician came in very unprofessional, not prepared. Only fixed one problem, the other they were wanting me to pay to check their own inventory -- to see what was on their own shelf and when I tried to speak to the office, the office manager was so highly unprofessional. Over charged; their charge explanations on the phone are different from what you are charged when they are out. Felt very bullied by the office manager. I tried to speak to owners to share concerns and couldn't get past the same rude office manager. I HIGHLY caution anyone wanting to use this service. Stay away!!

Kerry Bailey from Calmar
Kerry Bailey from Calmar
1 review Calmar, AB

furnace and tank replacement

Very pleased with products purchased. The estimator was here for the install. The guys were very professional and friendly. All questions were answered thoroughly. I would recommend these guys to anybody. Good job to Richard and crew thx again.

GG from Edmonton
GG from Edmonton

Thermostat repair

Arrived within two hours of expected time, repair was not completed, came back, replaced a part that did not fix the problem, came back, put things back to the way they were originally. Still have original problem. Company said they would not charge for part... charged my credit card for full amount. Problem still not fixed. Company says they will charge me again to come out and fix it. Really?!?

I would definitely call someone else.

don xu in Edmonton
don xu in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace cleaning

I got four seasons cleaned my furnace a couple of years ago and I got a call from the company this year for recommend to do another cleaning, because it is the time to do it again, I am happy they can track the service and remind you at the time

Sandi from Edmonton
Sandi from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Clean furnace and ducts

Jon was very professional. I was impressed with the thoroughness of the service and the cost was very reasonable. Four Seasons was able to book the service for us in a timely manner.

David Hiscock from Edmonton
David Hiscock from Edmonton

Furnace repair

Called Four Seasons to fix an issue with my blower fan, had their experts suggest a cleaning and inspections first. 10 days and $462.16 cleaning later, 1st crew suggested setting up another appointment to fix the blower fan. 5 days later and an increasing issue with blower that now stopped working completely, the next crew arrived without blower fan, paid for them to go get parts, take apart the furnace again and install new blower and now a new motor. New blower was warped, paid for them to take apart furnace again to install older motor with warped blower as a break fix to get me some heat until a new blower arrived from Calgary. 2nd service $603.44 later and another afternoon taken off (2.5 days off work and counting) for a missed appointment, a 3rd furnace representative installed all new components at a cost of $534.40. So now I have a fixed furnace and $1600 bill to fix a broken fan blower. Called management to ask why I have to incur all the extra cost for a warped blower. Explained all above, on first call, managements only comment was how old is your furnace. I replied 17 years, and they said it should be replaced. I do not argue the life of the furnace is near the end, and I am not happy to have paid ¼ the price of a new furnace not to have a new one and asked why they did not make that suggestion before they started. I had 4 of their people in my house looking at the furnace and not one mentioned that it needs to be replaced. There were even comments on my bill that stated “everything else works normally”. Management said they would review my case and get back to me that week. Waited 2 weeks and called again to get their solution to my complaint. Was told they would call me back within the next 2 days. Got a letter in the mail 2 weeks later stating, they reviewed the 3 invoices and that I was billed correctly, and that while the cost was high it is very typical of older appliances and that is why they advise clients to replace instead of repair. If only they would have done that!!!!
I would never use this company’s service again.

Chris from Edmonton
Chris from Edmonton
18 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace Repair

The fan on my mid-efficient furnace broke in the middle of December and Four Seasons came out to fix it (they were the only company that day that was answering my calls on a Sunday). The furnace was fixed in about 20 minutes and the technician was knowledgeable and helpful.

More about Four Seasons Furnace Cleaning & Services

Four Seasons Furnace Cleaning & Services is a locally owned and operated Residential HVAC company that installs, repairs, and maintains furnaces, air conditioners, hot water tanks, humidifiers, and providing furnace & duct cleaning for over 30 years. Our company is focused on quality service providing certified Gasfitter (A) Journeymen and ...