Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

160 Torbay Road Markham ON L3R 1G6
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc  >  Ductless Air conditioner - Excellent sales, good product, but careless work damaged my home
helen in Toronto
helen in Toronto

I contacted four different companies before we chose Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc to install our ductless air conditioner. The sales person was knowledgeable and took his time to explain the product to us. We spoke first on the phone and again when he came to do the home evaluation. Although his price was not the least expensive, we felt confident that he sold us the unit we needed for our space. We have no complaints whatsoever about this part of the company. Their rep sold the product professionally and was not pushy at all. We had even talked about buying a new boiler from the company in the fall.

Two installers came as scheduled. They appeared efficient, and once we showed them the area where they'd be working, we felt no need to look over their shoulders. Unfortunately, this was our mistake.

I was in the kitchen when I heard something drop from the top floor where our air condition unit was being installed. It landed with a thud, so I went to see what had happened. A hand drill sat at the carpeted entrance of our front door. What I didn’t realize then was it had hit a step on our staircase before it landed.

As the staircase was covered in a drop sheet, we did not discover the damage until later. One of our steps is now splintered and needs repair.

Not long after the install, the company's customer service department contacted me and I told them about the damage. After several emails back and forth, the company concluded they could not say for certain if they caused the damage. The tone of the correspondence implies we damaged the step ourselves. They offered a "first year complimentary maintenance" for the system as a gesture of good will.

I'm disappointed that the company would not take responsibility for the damage. The air condition unit is working fine. Accidents happen, and the damage to our step was due to carelessness, not incompetence. How my problem was handled , however, leaves me with a negative view of the company.

I have no interest in a 'goodwill' gesture as I've already hired someone to fix the step. It's an inconvenience but it needs to be done. I won't be buying any more services from this company.