Renovation Store The

12049 127 Ave NW Edmonton AB
HomeStars  >  Handyman Services in Edmonton  >  Renovation Store The

Reviews for Renovation Store The

Bathroom Sink

I would also recommend staying away from these guys. They don't deliver products in the time they say (or even close to). My sink took over a month to get when it was supposed to be delivered under a week. After countless unanswered emails and phone calls I finally got through to Brad who said the warehouse wouldn't ship it unless they paid an additional $25 for a "wrapping fee". I kindly offered to pick it up myself to save The Renovation Store from incurring this additional cost. I was told I would receive the initial shipping I paid refunded to me by way of an email money transfer which I am still waiting to receive. Again, I have emailed several times and have heard nothing back. The worst service I have ever received, not sure how they are still in business as I am clearly not the first or only one this has happened to!!!

Eddie Tsang from Edmonton
Eddie Tsang from Edmonton

Steam Shower Purchase

As described by previous reviewers, these guys are unprofessional, unorganized.

I saw an ad on their site advertising an Ariel steam shower for sale, I needed one for my basement project right away and they had one IN STOCK. I asked Randy if he had one in stock he said yes so I made the purchase.

During the purchase their accounting software was down so they couldn't produce a receipt for me; so I asked them to email it to me (Never happened even if I followed up with them on many occasions - until they decided to slap a 25% restocking fee on my refund; more on that later)

Next day we went to the warehouse to pick up the shower, I was informed that the box was damaged(One of the crates was damaged) during shipping but the parts were still good. We pick up the shower and headed home with the item.

Waited about a day to unbox everything for assembly and during this we noticed some parts were missing. Glass shower door, aluminum trim, hardware package, instructions were missing. I contacted Randy and he said he will look in the warehouse the next day for the missing items

Here is what transpired after that day:

-Waited a couple of days for them to try and locate the missing items

-Finally got a hold of them and now tells me his employee Brad is going to handle the missing items

-Brad is just as hard to get a hold of; tells me he will try and locate parts in Calgary or in California. If it comes from Calgary then it'll be there the next day and if it is in California about 4 days. Told me he will call me back later on that day to confirm...never happened

-Called Brad the next day and informed me that it'll come from California and will confirm with me on arrival.

-Several days of un-returned calls, emails and messages I decided to go back down to their retail front to inquire. Brad tells me that it's coming from California and it went out "Literally Today" on a truck and will be here the following Monday (This was Thursday). I told him having it shipped by LTL on a truck will take more than 4 days.... so I told him I'll give him until Wednesday or else I'm going to refund the whole thing or exchange it for another unit(I didn't want to exchange because the experience is lackluster at best at this point; but I needed the shower to continue on my basement project) I asked him to get a tracking number from the LTL Carrier and call me back. He obliged and said again...he'll confirm with me tomorrow.

-Tomorrow comes and goes without a call

-Wednesday comes and I get a hold of Brad to see where these missing parts were. He tells me the hardware package will be here today and now saying that the door and trim pieces will be "too long to get here" and offered to give me the door and trim from the floor model (Different model than I had). I told them that I didn't want the door from the floor model because it's not the same model and it swings the opposite way.

-I then asked to exchange it for a different model which he said has all the parts or that I want a full refund. Brad then offered to exchange it to the other model or give me a full refund and that I could drop off the original shower I purchased at their retail location and pick up the other one the following day at the ware house.

- I dropped off the shower at their warehouse and Randy storms out and says "We can't receive this here, this isn't the warehouse!" I told him Brad asked me to drop it off here and I'm not going to load it back up and bring it home with me and I've had enough of getting dicked around by them for 2 weeks.

- At this point Brad was mumbling "Just give him a refund and be done with it" - At this point I was pissed at how unprofessional they were and decided to accept the refund instead of exchanging it. He then says he will bring it to the warehouse to inspect before issuing a refund (acceptable). 14 days later I get a refund with a 25% Restocking fee tacked on! (I'm still working with VISA to get this back)

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS

Laura from Edmonton
Laura from Edmonton

Bathroom Reno

We needed special order tile edge for our new shower, the associate said it would be here in 5-10 business days at the most. When we went in to make the order we had to prepay the entire amount and the associate put the wrong information in 3 times. The edging took significantly longer then 10 business days to get here and every time we tried to call and get information we were shunted off to someone else or told the person who was looking into it was not in that day. We decided to cancel our order but they wanted 35% restocking fee even though we had never received any product. We demanded a full refund and all of a sudden the product that was still on order and would not be in for a few more days was in the warehouse that afternoon. I work in retail I know there are things beyond the control of a store but I do expect a courtesy call to say what is going on rather then misdirecting the customer on the status of their order. They were very unprofessional and disorganized and I would not recommend anyone going to this store unless you are buying something instock.

Christine Salt from Edmonton
Christine Salt from Edmonton

Bathroom reno

Contracted them to do a bathroom reno and they never finished. Never received any itemized list of materials. Materials ordered were wrong and installation was a joke. I was assured that the crew doing the work was the best they had. Best at cutting corners. Flooring and wall panels for the shower surround were glued in with silicone caulking, tub was not balanced and creaked because they had cut the supporting legs to fit the tub to the drain as opposed to adjusting the drain location half an inch over, and the shower tower was installed crooked. The caulking in the surround never stuck properly and the room was never painted. We tried following up with the store but they screen their calls and never get back to you. Because of the lifting of the caulking in the corners and the creaking, crooked tub, we've had to tear down the whole bathroom and do the work ourselves, including buying a new tub and finishing the walls with tile. Avoid this store at all cost, unless you enjoy being given the runaround, half-assed work, cutting corners and poor overall satisfaction.

Molly Holly from Edmonton
Molly Holly from Edmonton

Steam Shower

I bought a steam shower and a bunch of other stuff from the store. The salesman was completely unprofessional to the point where the sales manager had to step in and track down all my items and personally deliver them after hours. I was charged the wrong amount on the items, which the sales manager again had to resolve the issue as the sales person and the owner were not willing to do anything. A while after the steam shower was installed the shower base broke in half. Even though the steam shower was still on warranty the owner would not repair or replace it. I called about 50 times and the owner never seemed to be in. I was curious if he was avoiding my calls so I called from a friend's number and he picked up. He said that since his crew did not install it that he was not going to warranty it. The steam shower was installed properly by licensed contractors so it was a defect in the shower itself. I tried going through every channel at the store but no one could go over the owner's head. I contacted the BBB and that never really went anywhere either. Avoid The Renovation Store at all costs. I wish more customers would come forward because this place is a nightmare.

ken from Edmonton
ken from Edmonton

flooring

Renovation Store The
780-451-3019
12049 127 Ave NW
Edmonton
AB

This company does not stand up for the products and services it sells/contracts out. They have been dishonest with me, have played games with me and do not act in a professional manner. My honest opinion is to take your business elsewhere.

Homespun in BC
Homespun in BC
4 reviews Delta, BC

Ordering online

Ordered bio-fuel cannisters in April. My credit card has been debited for the amount, but I never received the product. Have sent three emails and left phone messages to ascertain why I never received the product. No response to any of these communications!

Danielle in Oliver
Danielle in Oliver
4 reviews Edmonton, AB

House painting - Interior

Very helpful and knowledgable staff. I didn't have to wait at all to speak to someone. They knew what paint to recommend and what colors would compliment well for each palet I was looking for. The only thing is a little expensive, but worth it.

Adrian in Edmonton
Adrian in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Steam bath

Purchased arial steam bath, had good selection of great looking products. Staff seemed knowledgable in most areas of products in the store. They also offer installation services. Quality of all products seemed high.