Aa Floors & More Ltd

Julie (ZK)
Julie (ZK)

Unprofessional installation / Lack of proper customer service

Hello:
I visited A&A Floors store in April-May 2020 and selected the laminate. There was one Sales Agent who was helping us out. I asked from him if they do installation and he said yes: "we have professional installers". After very quick calculations Sales Agent provided a quote for my 1bedroom+den. It was not cheap, but I had to make a decision fast, as I was planning to move in in a very short amount of time.
So, I ordered their installation service (after asking several times about professionalism of their crews) and bought the material. Sales Agent told me that to book installers I HAVE TO PAY FULL AMOUNT right away. Otherwise, they will not come. I was in a rush and I had to agree. I would regret this in the end. Would never do that again. DO NOT PAY FULL AMOUNT. As I know, the company had NO right to request a FULL amount before providing their services.
Before the day of installation I made sure that Sales Agent has all information in regards to my apartment's size and where flooring and trimming is needed. I even sent a FLOOR PLAN. I asked how much time would be needed to complete installation for my apartment. Sales Agent confirmed confidently - "they will finish by 4pm the same day".
So, we booked the day for installation for my 1bed+den. The installation crew came on time. That was the only positive thing. They did not appear to me as being a professional installers. These are the reasons of why I would think that way:
1) They did not wear any PPE (e.g. face masks), though I SPECIFICALLY ASKED Sales Agent about it several times, as my condo man-t was pretty strict about it that time. So, I had to give my new face masks to them. Great.
2) Installers were VERY INACCURATE. They have touched the walls with dirty hands leaving dark marks. How is this professional service? No. It is not.
3) By 2.30 pm installers told me that there is not enough material to complete installation!! Sales Agent made wrong calculations, so now I have to figure out how to complete my installation the next day (so I have to re-arrange my schedule). When I called Sales Agent, I expected a better customer service. After having several calls with Sales Agent, I left frustrated. So, now I had to book another time for the next day and also pay for additional work. WHY? I have already paid for the whole apartment. If Sales Agent made wrong calculations (with all information I have provided to him earlier), well that is not my problem. So, again, A&A Floors demanded me to pay for the labour. Did I have any choice at that point? No. I had to pay.
So, installers left and came back the next day, when A&A Floors received my money.
4) "Professional Installers" have NOT COMPLETED THE WORK that I paid for (see photo). They have not completed the trims behind the fridge. For sure this was done on purpose, because the side where trim is visible was done. So, when I came back to apartment to check the fridge was already inside its closet. So, I could not see what is happening behind it. Apparently, "professional" installers thought that's is how they should complete their work. Amazing.
When I called Sales Agent and asked to send someone to complete the work, he said he can't send anyone. He said that the "professional crew" who worked on it will be informed and they will come. I said that I do not need their services anymore and asked to send someone else. Did not happen, because Sales Agent does not care. So, eventually, they refunded me around 8 CAD (eight).
5) The "professional" crew have taken my new kitchen towel without any prior permission. Just took it from my counter top without even attempting to ask if they can do that. I understand it’s only a towel, BUT, it is my item and they had to ask me before using anything and also taking it WITH THEM.

Based on this "wonderful" experience, I do not recommend A&A floors and more. They do not care about customer. They do not care. Do not trust them when they say their crews are professional. NO. That is not what I have experienced.

Ed C. Mississauga
Ed C. Mississauga
1 review Cambridge, ON

Hardwood Floors in two rooms

We had chosen the hardwood we wanted and shopped around for the best price. AA Floors were much less than the other quotes both for the hardwood and the installation. Mike on the order desk ordered the hardwood and Victor and Oleg did a great job installing the floor. A good experience all round and we would certainly recommend them.

Mitchell in Unionville
Mitchell in Unionville

Total house floor reno

Everyone at AA Floors and More Ltd. was just wonderful and very supportive. From the front desk: Alex, Peter L. , and the boss/owner Russ - all were helpful and understanding. Special thanks to the floor installers Petro(Peter), and Nazar: their work was simply masterful.

Mitch & Terry
Markham

Josie/Pickering
Josie/Pickering

HOME RENOVATIONS

AA Flooring Company is an excellent company for any of the flooring needs. With an outstanding range of engineering, hardwood and laminate and other flooring. This company allowed me to choose the best product for our home renovations. We were extremely satisfied and highly recommend their services. Keep up the great work Ruslan..(Owner).!!!!

Ian
Ian

Whole house hardwood flooring

We renovated our whole house, and decided to put in hardwood flooring from top to bottom. We worked with A&A Floors previously, and wanted to get a similar wood as our last home. Working with Peter we were able to get the right size and grade of flooring that we wanted, for a great price. We went with a 6" handscraped, engineered hardwood in charcoal grey color.

Delivery was prompt and the quality of the materials was outstanding - we had less than 1% waste in over 2000 sq ft of flooring - approx 10 pieces total were not really useable based on our standard (large knots, or uneven scrape/finishing).

As our project is still undergoing final touches, and the wood is covered by protective sheets/cardboard, we don't have any pictures, but will load some once the final product is done.

We definitely recommend A&A Floors to our friends and others in need of flooring for their project. Great selection and great pricing overall.

ashleigh
ashleigh

Hard wood floors

This is a long overdue review for a floor purchased about 4 months ago. We’re went to the store looking for a particular type of hardwood floor but based on the advice of the salesperson (Peter), left with a different one (handscraped hickory). The delivery was quick and easy. We love the floor sooo much. It looks wonderful and is easy to clean. We’re so pleased and we get so many compliments on the unique floor. We had a great overall experience with AA Flooring.

New hardwood for second floor reno

This is the second reno we've done on our house. We went to AA Flooring to do the flooring in the basement. Now the second floor hardwood looks amazing! Wife loves the hardwood! Thanks AA Flooring

Appreciate your feedback.

Jeremy in Toronto
Jeremy in Toronto

Hardwood floor floor for main & upper floor

Do not use this company!!! We were sold 2000sq of maple hardwood by a very pleasant sales assistant called Alex, who said we can always return any unopened boxes. We'd better take the whole stock, he said, as it was all that was left. Can we pick it up at a later date? Sure, just let us know when. Fast forward...we purchased Jan. 26th, picked the boxes up Mid-April and tried to return 29 boxes May 27th. That's when we met the owner, Ross, who said there's no way he can accept the unopened boxes as they have a 30day return policy and we purchased in January!!! Unbelievable!

In response to the owner's comments: at no point during the sales transaction were we informed that we had 30days to return unwanted product. If Alex had done so, we would have said that this was unsuitable to our needs as we were purchasing well in advance of installation. Secondly, after deliberately mis-leading us in the sales transaction, my wife and I didn't trust Ross or AA Floors to 'sell our product at a discount'. We are also unhappy with the way extremely unprofessional way in which the owner spoke to my wife in a follow up conversation. He asked my wife if she thought she was 'famous' when she asked why AA Floors were reneging on our verbal agreement. From the beginning of the conversation, Ross didn't take the time to listen or understand our situation, preferring instead to accuse us, the customer, of trying to make him poor.

We do understand your frustration that you had experienced with our company, our company policy as stated on the invoice is no returns after 30 days of Pick-up. As a favour we had held your materials for a total of 3 1/2 months with no additional charge for holding the materials or storage fees. The date of the attempted return was Saturday June 1st 2019 which is well over the 30 day standard return policy, typically we do allow a window for delay of return as a customer favour unfortunately this addiotnal time is not 3 weeks. When it was brought to our attention that you wanted to return the materials, we explained to you that this product is now discounted but in good faith we offered to hold this material and put it on sale for you ( ensuring full refund without penalties when the material is sold ) you declined the offer and insisted a refund immediately. We believe this review is not a good judgement for our company as we made an attempt to assist you in this situation.

Lack of transoarency

Good selection and good prices.
But lack of transparency as the floor on display in the showroom and the ‘show board’ they’ll lend you to take maybe and look perfect as in ‘flawless’ when the actual floor delivered has lots of blutches of bluish stains making look dirty at places.
Then you’ll need to breath over the shoulders of your installor to make sure those boards are put in less visible area! Which was not my case rrrg
Need to pay extra ti have the floor deliver inside !!??!!

Mikeb in Etobicoke
Mikeb in Etobicoke

Hardwood flooting

We were so happy with the technical knowledge, product availability, service and pricing when we purchased flooring for our cottage a couple of years ago, that we returned to AA for a recent renovation at our home in Toronto. Highly recommended.
Mike

More about Aa Floors & More Ltd

AA FLOORS & MORE LTD. is a Toronto-based dealer of premium quality floor coverings. We offer a wide range of hardwood, engineered hardwood, laminate, vinyl plank and cork flooring products that are available in a variety of sizes, finishes and colours to satisfy even the most discriminating needs as well ...
Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in Vaughan?