Deerfoot Carpet & Flooring Inc

Best of 2012 winnerBest of 2012winner

Reviews for Deerfoot Carpet & Flooring Inc

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Carpet, tile

We ordered new tile for our entryway after a difficult kitchen project. they processed our order quickly, and delivered on time. When they made a mistake on a couple of the boxes of tile one of the managers dropped off replacements at our site.

We also ordered some carpet. Had no trouble getting it on time and the quality was much better than expected.

GGBAAS from Calgary
GGBAAS from Calgary

Carpet Install

Carpet installation on second floor in Okotoks. Professional sales and installers. 100% correct, on time and budget. Highly recommend Deerfoot Carpet. Thank you Paul in sales and Brad in service.

Craig in Calgary
Craig in Calgary

New carpet and Lino

I've used this company and two occasions to replace carpet and lino. I have been very happy with the work and pricing. I plan on using them again in the future.

Rob Milman from Calgary
Rob Milman from Calgary

Lino replacement

Second time we've gone to Deerfoot Carpet & Flooring for replacement of old flooring. First time was for the living room carpet replacement. They did a great job. When it came time to replace the lino at the garage door and the main bathroom, we went there first thing. Picked out the vinyl and got a quote on Saturday. Worked completed the next Friday and surprisingly it came under the quoted price. Thanks!

Brenda from Calgary
Brenda from Calgary

Carpet installation and repair

Deerfoot carpet and flooring have done 1 large job for me and more recently to small ones. Some small flooding occured in two areas of my basement. They came assessed the work, didnt take advantage of my situation and tell me I had to pull all the carpet but suggested an appropriate fix, I couldn't be happier with the work and the price. Next yr i will have been in my home 9 years and because of their honesty, Deerfoot Carpet will be the company to replace the entire downstairs carpet without a doubt

Bill
Bill

Carpet install

Deerfoot Carpet gave us excellent customer service, install was smooth and timely, there were a couple of carpet tacks sticking up but they fixed them right away and double checked everything else. They even remembered us when they saw us at the Home and Garden show!

JB from Calgary
JB from Calgary

Stair Carpets

Not the experience I would have expected. Took weeks to get anyone out to quote. After someone finally came out they said I would hear back the next day. I didn't hear back at all. I followed-up a few weeks later. The guy who quoted couldn't remember ever having been at my house to quote. Then I finally got a quote and got booked. They arrived today to install, installer hadn't taken correct notes during estimate. Had ordered too much carpet that I had already paid for but then charged me an additional $7.50 per step because I was only have the tread carpeted and not the riser. They asked if something had changed since the quote. The stairs were exactly the same as before. Said they would see about a carpet credit. I never got a call back and see that they have taken the balance from credit card without my authorisation or having even had a chance to inspect the job. No receipt for the money already taken. Extremely disappointed with this company. Will not recommend or use again myself.

I am one of the owners from Deerfoot Carpet.
Here is the email response from one of our managers, we just realized this review is connected to a email response
From earlier today.
Below are some additional comments I have provided myself.

Sorry to hear about your concerns regarding this installation.

As agreed I have provided you the original quote plus the invoices for the material and labor.

According to the installer he was not told at the time of measure that the stairs would have the risers finished with hardwood. When he observed the jobsite the stair were stripped and were raw wood. He went on an assumption that the entire stairwell would require carpet, as this is the norm.

This resulted in an error in the quotation (stair labor too low, too much carpet ordered). The quantity ordered was 'normal' for two stair wells completed with pattern carpet, with landings and oversize (4' +) steps.

We will come to the jobsite and retrieve the carpet that remains. We will provide a refund to your credit card for any sellable pieces that remain.

If you have any questions please address them with me and I will be sure to take care of you.

I have cc'd the owners with this e-mail so that they are also aware of your situation.

Owner's response

I am sorry to hear that your experience with Deerfoot was not positive.
We certainly appreciate any feedback whether positive or negative from all of our customers.
It is unfortunate that I am first hearing about this issue in a forum such as this. Deerfoot Carpet and Flooring does, pride itself on resolving any concerns which arise with our customers.
We encourage our customers to talk
To a manager if there are any concerns.
We do our best to be fair, and take care of our customers concerns.
We will also personally address any concerns with our staff regarding them getting back to you with quotes when they said they would, so we can help everyone improve, and help prevent similar future issues from arising.
In this particular issue, we will be having a meeting with the installer and sales person to reduce the chance of this from happening again.

Thank you for your feedback, it will help
us be a better company.

If there is anything further you require from us, please feel free to give me any of the managers at Deerfoot a call.

Kyle from Calgary
Kyle from Calgary

Basement Carpet

Deerfoot Carpet's installers were awesome. The salesperson we dealt with forgot to check and accidentally double booked his crew. They didn't show up on the day they were supposed to which was quite annoying and delayed our project by about a week. However when did finally install our carpet two week late they did a truly excellent job. Our concrete floor was too hard for their nails, but the install crew quickly and efficiently went and bought the right kind of glue. They also came back the next day after hours to do the stretching once the glue on the nailing strips had dried. We're very happy with the product and the installation. Next time we'll call the office several times before the install date to make sure they've booked us on the right date.

More about Deerfoot Carpet & Flooring Inc

Deerfoot has worked with over 20,000 organizations, contractors, businesses and homeowners in the Calgary area. We have built our business over a period of 17 years, based on the principle of creating another Happy Deerfoot Customer.
Approx. 85% of our business is repeat or referral.

Products:
Carpet, Linoleum, Ceramic, Hardwood, Laminate, Cork, Commercial Flooring, VCT, Marmoleum, Area Rugs, Mosaic