Gulfstar Contracting Ltd

Fire & Water Damage Restoration
6770 Davand Drive Mississauga ON
HomeStars  >  Fire & Water Damage Restoration in Malton  >  Gulfstar Contracting Ltd

Review for Gulfstar Contracting Ltd

Ally in Mississauga
Ally in Mississauga

Condo repairs

In a nutshell: Gulfstar has abysmal customer service, and they do more damage than good.

When Gulfstar was hired by my condo to do repairs after a flood, I went through absolute HELL. Gulfstar called and told me they were coming in "first thing Monday morning" to repair my floors, so I had to be home to let them in. I took the morning off work. At 11am there was still no sign of Gulfstar. I called to see what was going on, and was told that Ray, the man in charge of the repairs, had just stepped out and he would call me back in 5 minutes. He didn't. I tried calling every hour until 4pm that day and got the exact same response each time. The exact same thing happened the next 2 days, and so I missed 3 days of work for nothing. By the 3rd day, I was understandably upset, and demanded to be given Ray's personal phone number. When I finally got through to him, he started yelling at me, as if it was MY fault I missed 3 days of work. When the Gulfstar people finally did come to repair my floors, they did a crappy job (spaces left between the hardwood planks) and actually put holes in my walls due to obvious carelessness. I called and demanded that they repair the holes in the walls... which they did, but the drywall was done incorrectly and just caved in immediately. Gulfstar never even finished the entire job... it's one year later, and no one ever came to reinstall the tracks for the sliding doors.