Garage Design & Organization

Bryanna
Bryanna
0 reviews Airdrie, AB

Hail repair work

We had work done on our home in 2015 by Shaw Construction. We noticed this winter that there was excessive amounts of water and/or ice build up on our bay window, but figured it must be condensation. Fast forward to this summer we decided to investigate it more. After having two other professionals come to look at our window, we have found Shaw Construction did not install flashing above our bay window, so the water has been sitting in our siding, slowly draining into our window, rotting the wood and potentially the structure underneath. The two other professionals we had in both agree the exterior above this window was not done properly, and there is extensive damage and potentially mould.

My husband called Shaw Construction Thursday, September 3rd 2020, and spoke to a lady whom said she would pass along his message to the estimators. He followed up with an email direct to Johnathan on Friday September 4th, 2020. As of yesterday, we had not heard back so he called yet again and spoke to a lady whom said she would pass along the message to the estimators. As of today, we have not heard back.

They claim to have a 10 year workmanship warranty, but it seems they don’t often follow through with that. I’d be very weary of hiring them to do any work. Either they are very busy, or they are avoiding us.

JT
JT
3 reviews Okotoks, AB

Builder Didn't Pull Permits, I'm out $750

I paid Shaw Renovation & Construction over $13,000 for a new deck in 2013. Their own paperwork states that they will obtain the necessary permits for the work.

Fast forward to 2019 and while trying to sell my house, I learn that permits weren't obtained and my deck wasn't built to code. I'm now out $750 as we try for an advertised variance.

I reached out to the company and it's been 11 days since they emailed me saying they'd be calling me to discuss this. I checked the BBB website and saw that this isn't the first time they've done this.

Buddy in Calgary
Buddy in Calgary

New Roof, Facia, Soffit and Eavestrough

The Roofers were extremely hard working and the guy who did the Facia and Soffit was excellent as were the people who did the Eavestrough. The Foreman kept us informed as the work progressed which we found very helpful. The work was done exactly as promised and in a timely fashion.

We would definitely recommend this company

Joe S.

Fred in Calgary
Fred in Calgary

Great Company

I have had Shaw Construction work for me many times.i first hired Phil about 10 years ago to re-roof my home,that i had just purchased. A few years later ,I had Shaw demolish a single car garage and build a new double car garage in the rear yard.two years age,i called jonathon to help me with some window issues and to improve the appearance of my home .I had them complete an extensive exterior renovation. They replaced all the windows ,the patio door,and both entrance doors.They installed aluminum soffits and gutters ,removed the old wood siding and refinished my home with stone and smooth stucco.The renovation went very smoothly and greatly improved the appearance of my house. the crews were friendly and showed obvious pride in their workmanship .Simon, the foreman,has extensive construction knowledge, he inspected the work regularly and kept me informed throughout the whole process .i have been very happy with all the work that Shaw Construction has completed for me

shawreno in Calgary
shawreno in Calgary

Roofing, Windows, Doors, Siding, Garage

John and Jonathan Shaw have worked for me several times on both my own home and on a rental property. They have re-roofed both houses, installed new windows at the rental property, and built a double garage at my home. This past summer, they completed a full exterior renovation at my own home, including new windows, new front entry door system, new eaves and gutters, James Hardie siding and a new deck. The workmanship of the crews and the attention to detail is excellent. I would highly recommend Shaw Renovation & Construction .

MCRuta in Calgary
MCRuta in Calgary

Needed a duplicate receipt

Shaw completed my roof in 2013 and I recently required a duplicate of the receipt for the sale of the house. Jonathan took the time to go through Shaw's archived files and provided me with the receipt within hours of speaking with him.
Thank you for the great customer service.

Jo Mo in Cochrane
Jo Mo in Cochrane

Deck

After 15 years with our hot tub, it was time for a change. Shaw delivered! On time and on budget, the old deck was removed and our new ‘wine lounge’ built, we are enjoying it every day. I would highly recommend Shaw for your outdoor projects!

Roofing in Calgary
Roofing in Calgary

Very professional and very organized. Came in and got the job done on time and on schedule. I enjoyed working with this company and I would highly recommend this team to anyone in the future for any construction needs. Thanks again Johnathon for your help.

Chris - Calgary

Private User reviews Langley Township, BC

A Very Professional Company

Shaw repaired our sidings and I greatly appreciate the wonderful job performed. From the initial contact to handing the final cheque for payment was as seamless as possible. It cannot get any better than that.

During construction, it did not inconvenience us at all in any form or manner. The resulting job was such as if nothing happened; that is how the quality of work was done.

Kudos to you, your company and your staff. We freely and proudly recommend you to any of our friends when they ask for company such as yours.

Chula in Calgary
Chula in Calgary

Roof Replacement

We used Shaw for our home roof replacement back in 1998 when we first bought the house. We used them again in 2017 fall to replace the roof. I am happy to say that we are very pleased with the work done by this company, second time around, their service and professionalism.

I am glad to hear that you are happy with the roofing work we completed for you 20 years ago and again last year. Please keep us in mind for any further renovations that you might want to get done. Phil or myself would be happy to come out and see you.

Also, If you have any friends that need work done, we would appreciate the referral. As you know we provide the following services, Roofing, Siding, Stucco, Soffit & Fascia, Eavestrough, Painting, Windows & Doors, Decks & Fences, Garages and More!.
Thanks again, Jonathan Shaw
403.233.9367
www.shawconstruction.ca

More about Shaw Renovation & Construction

Specializing in all Exterior Home Renovations: Fencing, Decks, Stonework, Windows, Garages, Doors, etc.
Looking for Garage Design & Organization pros in Calgary?