Towne Fireplace - No Longer In Business

Janet Traverse from Pickering
Janet Traverse from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Fireplace

I had this company come and give me a quote on a gas fireplace. I had asked to have the mantle made of reclaimed wood. I even gave them a name of a company in Toronto that could probably supply it. I wanted them to make contact because I don't know the specs. The rep didn't give any indication that it would be a problem. He didn't indicate extra costs. I have given them a deposit of $1000 towards the work. I never heard from them in several weeks so I called them. The person that took my call was extremely unhelpful. They hadn't even called the company. (said I didn't give them the number). Now its a problem. They never called. Very poor communication. Would not recommend them.

Emmanuel C from Ajax
Emmanuel C from Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Patio

We bought a patio piece for the backyard last week because a few items were on sale since it was winter. It's a bit oddly located being at the corner of an intersection but we finally found the parking lot at the back. Sales rep. was very helpful.

Al from Oshawa
Al from Oshawa
1 review , ON

Gas Fireplace Installation

Terrible experience dealing with this Company. Mantel was made totally the wrong size and had to be re-done. Contractor's gas line installation failed inspection 1st time and the pipe had to be re-attached to the brick outside and extra caulking done. Once the gas was turned on the connector in the stove wasn't tight enough and was seeping gas. Tile work on the front of the fireplace was a mess and had to be redone by the Owner of Towne Fireplace. Despite numerous calls to Towne Fireplace during the project that things weren't going well, the owner claimed to have no knowledge that there were problems when he finally decided to come out and see the crappy tile work. In the end John fixed the tile work by re-doing it all but the whole installation process took 2 weeks!!! Not 2 days as originally planned.

Poor attention to the customer, obviously bad choice of Contractor to do their work. In the end, our fireplace works and looks acceptable but I would not recommend this Company as they cause a lot of stress and didn't once even apologize.

Lynn from Whitby-647
Lynn from Whitby-647

chimney repair

I called to have my fireplace chimney serviced and was given a date and time. The technician was almost 2 hours late and never called but did apoligize when he finally showed. He gave me an estimate that seemed reasonable and since the chimney was leaking we went ahead with the job. One week later it was still leaking and took many calls before they returned to repair it properly

Lorne Tontegode in Locust hill
Lorne Tontegode in Locust hill
2 reviews Pickering, ON

fireplace insert and wood stove

Had John quote an insert and woodstove. Arrived and told us that the price would change due to the chimney being too tall to put a ladder against it. Told us we needed a lift and it would cost more. He backed out of that. Installed the woodstove on an angle and had to redo it. Was missing a part and had to come back but didn't do it prior to weekend and flatly refused to complete the job when it came in on Friday. Since then, has not come back to fix the auto fan switch. Poor customer service!

Joel in South Ajax
Joel in South Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Fireplace Install

We were tired of our drafty wood fireplace and had a gas insert installed. The sales helped us pick a product that matched our style and the installation team was very professional and personable. They kept us informed the entire way through the installation, and cleaned up before they left.
Overall a great experience and would definitely recommend them to a friend!

Looking for Fireplaces pros in Ajax?