HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Toronto  >  Classic Fireplace & BBQ Store
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Classic Fireplace & BBQ Store

GVC in Toronto

We have used Classic Fireplace several times over the last 20 years. We have bought a couple of BBQs and also had three gas fireplaces installed - the latest was done last week. Over the years, I have recommended them to several friends, who have also been very pleased.
Josh Malcolm and his staff are pleasant and easy to deal with. Before our latest order was confirmed or a deposit paid, Josh came to inspect where we wanted to install the new fireplace and checked for size, ventilation, safety etc. We then confirmed our order, paid a deposit and everything went quickly, smoothly and exactly to plan.
The installers arrived on time, worked quickly and cleaned up thoroughly. They were pleasant and easy to deal with and before they left, they carefully explained how to use our new fireplace.
I would highly recommend Classic Fireplace.

Hi GVC,

Thank you for the amazing review and recommendation. We do our best to show our pride in our work - glad that it shows! We will share the review with the Classic Fireplace team.

Alice in Etobicoke

My husband and I recently purchased a Napoleon BBQ grill at the Scarborough location and had a natural gas line installed by them as well. It was a wonderful shopping experience!! The BBQ is amazing! A special thanks to Babz for her exceptional customer service and to Stephen and his team for the great job on the gas line and the delivery. We definitely recommend Classic Fireplace & BBQ Store!

Hi Alice,

Thank you for the great review. We are happy you had such a wonderful experience.
Your comments will be passed along to our team. Enjoy your new Napoleon BBQ!

Merlin in

Fifteen years ago we moved into our house, and over the years have updated & replaced. What defeated us was the huge off-centre brick fireplace that we've hated all these years.
Finally we decided after 15 years to shop around and see what could be done. We'd seen the Classic Fireplace sign for years and now finally went in. And we are so thrilled we did.
We met Babz, the manager, who spent time with us and set up an in-home appointment with Josh, to come out and see, measure, share ideas. He drew us a picture to help us "see" the storage - electronics on one side and three drawers for movies.

Josh came twice and measured each time. Then Henry, the contractor came out for a visit. Henry measured too. He would make the storage cabinets for us.
Within weeks of our first wander into Classic Fireplace demo began, creation took form and wonder of wonders we now have a stunningly beautiful gas fireplace and custom made storage cabinets. Best decision ever was choosing Classic Fireplace!!

Job Price

Thank you for the great review! Your comments have been passed along. We take great pride in our work and are glad to see it shows. Your project turned out beautifully!

Tracy in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

We had a wonderful experience with Classic Fireplace & BBQ Store Ajax location. We were looking to have our wood burning fireplace converted to gas. They showed us many different models in the store to help us figure out what was best for our house. They followed up with a home appointment to walk us through the process. Everyone was patient and very knowledgeable with our many questions and concerns. The day of the install the team was amazing. They were so fast and efficient and the cleanup was fantastic. We have been enjoying our fireplace and we would recommend them to anyone!

Job Price

Hi Tracy, thank you for the review and recommendation! We are always happy to help.
Enjoy your new fireplace.

Monica from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

I wanted to say thank you to the staff of Classic Fireplae & BBQ for the great experience I had with the purchase, delivery and hookup of my new natural gas BBQ. My sales person, Karen was very knowledgeable and personable and made the purchase experience very pleasant. They were more than willing to work with my work schedule to do the delivery when it was convenient for me. The delivery guys were awesome - on time, very friendly and efficient. They had my BBQ brought up to my second floor deck and hooked up in no time. And I got a detailed tutorial on how to use my new BBQ before they left. I would totally recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase a BBQ.

Job Price

Thank you for the great review, Monica. Our team will be very happy to hear it.

Enjoy your new BBQ

Dodds in

Extremely satisfied with the quality of service and expertise. The staff are pleasant and knowledgeable. The install was done on the date as planned and I was so impressed by the workmanship.
A big Thank you to the entire team of staff.

Job Price

Thank you for the review and the big thank you! Your compliments will be passed on to the Classic Fireplace team.

Sid V. in

Replaced our inefficient 30 year old wood burning fireplace with new Napoleon gas unit from Classic. Right from stopping in to see Bruce at the Rylander store and setting up an appointment for Josh to come and measure, to the superior team installing the unit, the service was first rate.
The install team carefully removed the old wood burner, helped to improve the insulation in the exterior wall behind the the new unit, and took the time and effort to maintain a clean organized work space.

Highly recommend.

Hi Sid,
Thank you for the thoughtful review and recommendation! I will pass your comments along.
Enjoy your new Napoleon!

--Josh​

James S. in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

We called the Ajax location to have our gas fireplace serviced and repaired since the pilot light wouldn't stay on.
Classic Fireplace sent Stephen one of their technicians over to take a look and he was amazing. He made sure to put down drop cloths and vacuum up any dust, he thoroughly cleaned our unit and replaced the remote unit for us with a new thermostat model. He was friendly and helpful and extremely professional.
I will be recommending this company to all my friends and family!

​Hi James,
Thank you for the great review and recommendation! I will pass your comments along. Glad to hear you're pleased with our service and can enjoy your fireplace again.

--Josh​

Rick in Toronto

I am a Toronto architect with 25 years experience working with various local trades and suppliers. I Recently did a project with Classic Fireplace and was very impressed with their excellent quality installation and great service in general. I would highly recommend them, and look forward to working with them on future projects.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to review Rick. We look forward to working with you in the future as well.

H & D, Homeowners from Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at Classic Fireplace--both the Ajax and Rylander locations! Our old fireplace purchased from another store broke-- and we were desperate to get one installed in 24 hours for a special event. I started calling any and every store that sold fireplaces-- most laughed at me when I said I needed a new gas fireplace insert installed by tomorrow! I called both the Ajax and Rylander locations and told them of my predicament--and Babs from Rylander coordinated with Lori and Dave from the Ajax location to get us a floor model installed the next morning! Dave came to the house the night we called to check the measurements and Installer Travis was done by 11am the next day. The fireplace is beautiful and they really went above and beyond to meet our 'Fireplace 911' emergency! Can't say enough good things about the folks at Classic Fireplace!!

Hi H & D,
Happy to hear that our team saved the day! I will pass your comments along. We take pride in our work and glad to hear it shows. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

More about Classic Fireplace & BBQ Store

TORONTO - AJAX - WHITBY - SCARBOROUGH // Classic Fireplace & BBQ Store is YOUR FIREPLACE PROFESSIONAL. We carry gas, electric & wood fireplaces (traditional, contemporary & modern), custom fireplace doors & mantels. Accessories including tool sets, screens & wood holders. BBQs, Smokers, charcoal grills and accessories!